Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 09-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Great news...food plots planted yesterday, nice gentle rain all day today! Talk about awesome. Now its just hurry up and wait! That and about 4million honey-doo jobs!

Rammer, I'm so jealous. Kill a bunch.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Talking Got To Meet Huck

A few hours ago I got to meet Huck from the team and a freind of his from Nebraska. We had lunch and shot the bull for a hour before he had to be on his way to Ox Hunt which by the way was after 18 hours to here in Alberta then another 13 to Yellowknife,then he boards a small plane to his destination.
We had a few laughs over lunch and his partner made a date with the waiter for on his way back, LMAO. Will was a great guy to meet and I hope to hunt Elk with him next year. Sounds like he has ton to hunt down in Colorado.Talk to you's soon guys.
Rocky
Old 09-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got this guy while deer hunting... their season opened the same day... they take a while to clean out! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Surpass Thread (37)-0905091306.jpg  

Last edited by HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED; 09-05-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Well no ore photos yet, still have untill Oct 15th to opening day, Gonna get the bow out this week and start shooting. With the scheduale i run i will be able to hopefully fit in 10-20 shots brefore dark each nightif my little boy goes to bed on time
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checking back in again. Not much to report on my end. Have been working a few folks that I have met recently to gain permission to hunt on their ground. I am getting close.

Had a long day on Friday (stayed out too late at the lady i've been chasing's condo the night before. 2 am was not a great idea.) Went into work around 8 and left early to make up for it. Spent all day on Saturday in Iowa City. Started tailgating at 7:00 am, went into the game, tailgated till 6:00PM, went out to the bars until 2. Got back to my house, which is an hour away from Iowa City around 8:30 am and started working on the house. Ended up going fishing at about 4:00 and got back in around 10:00. Cought 3 catfish and a slight buzz. Got back up about 8:00 on Monday and went back to work on the house. I have my upstairs bathroom functioning completely FINALLY. Took the pooch out swimming for about an hour, then went down the the Quad Cities to pick up a few things and to go to the gym. Ended up stopping at the lady's place for a while and got back home around midnight. Now today I was up before the sun and back to work. I was thinking this morning that I need to slow myself down a bit. I've been going about 100 miles an hour for the past 4 months, and I could use a bit of a break. But I guess I can always sleep when I'm dead.

It sounds to me like the rest of you have been keeping plenty busy as well. Keeping busy passes the time alot faster before hunting season starts! I still need to make it back to my mom and dad's place to pull the SD card out of the trail cam. It's been sitting in there for over 2 weeks now. Hopefully I will have had some nice action on it.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ttt Come on guys, we gotta keep this thing at the top on the first page! After all, we are gonna be the winning team! LOL! Just checking in, looks like you have been busy kill it n grill it... So have I, with school... Talk to ya'll later and happy hunting!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Hey team

Best of luck to those who are lucky enough to be hunting,I'll be off myself for the next 9 days chasing lopes and mule deer down in southern Alberta. The weather is looking hot ,hot ,hot in the low 90's for the next 8 days ,so I've got to find the water for the lopes. Huck ,when you get back ,I hope your trip was a success. Will see you's in a week or so. My 2 buddies who were to be comming ,had to cancel so the hunt will be more challenging . Can't keep a good man down, I'm one of those pressure type of guys . LMAO I'm hoping. Be safe and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats cool, good luck to ya!

Yesterday I went on a Youth Pheasant hunt and got my limit which was 2 birds and my brother got 1 bird. We had to walk for like 5 miles to get them though! LOL! They plant them out there, but they plant 1 pheasant for every 6 acres... The other 2 guys that went with us never got any. We have a local youth pheasant hunt and last time we limited out with a total of 6 birds in 18 minutes! That was fast and fun!!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Finally got to hunt today, nearly 2 weeks after the season started. I thought I might get to put us on the board. I watched a 140 ish buck come out of the beans and head straight for me. He zigged when he should've zagged needless to say. The closest he got was 77 yards, but I was ready. I gave a few light grunts and he stopped and looked my way, but that was about it. He headed off into the woods and that was that. Watched another little doe for about 20 minutes, a pair of wood ducks on a small pond and a huge skunk. It was a great morning. I made it out for my first hunt, didn't forget anything and didn't stroke out running the climber up the tree. That's probably it for this week though. The deer aren't moving, its still pretty warm and our early Wood Duck season comes in Wednesday. This has become a glorified redneck festival for many of my buddies and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Hope the rest of ya'll get to hit the woods soon. Good luck and stay safe.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by shawneeslinger
Finally got to hunt today, nearly 2 weeks after the season started. I thought I might get to put us on the board. I watched a 140 ish buck come out of the beans and head straight for me. He zigged when he should've zagged needless to say. The closest he got was 77 yards, but I was ready. I gave a few light grunts and he stopped and looked my way, but that was about it. He headed off into the woods and that was that. Watched another little doe for about 20 minutes, a pair of wood ducks on a small pond and a huge skunk. It was a great morning. I made it out for my first hunt, didn't forget anything and didn't stroke out running the climber up the tree. That's probably it for this week though. The deer aren't moving, its still pretty warm and our early Wood Duck season comes in Wednesday. This has become a glorified redneck festival for many of my buddies and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Hope the rest of ya'll get to hit the woods soon. Good luck and stay safe.

Man, that would have been nice to get an arrow in that big boy! Good luck to you too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.