Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Someone finally caught one on camera, And now what can the DNR say, there's still no cougars in michigan....picture was taken on the east end of the u.p. There's been sightings here also, i seen one many years ago myself. Makes me really wanna watch my back out there hunting, knowing there out there.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/KDW...RTHWEST-KANSAS

Here Kitty Kitty, nice Kitty

Last edited by zmax hunter; 10-23-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sorry guys

I slept in this morning, figure why go when the rut is right around the corner. I had pulled memory cards on all the trail cams yesterday and all scrape activity was at night.

Well, sleeping in for me means getting up at 6 am. I woke up, couldn't get back to sleep, figured I might as well get up. I needed to stop by work for a couple of hours. Afterwards, I was watching the Vikings/Steelers game and decided that the weather was too good to not be in a stand, rut around the corner or not.

I went to a property that I haven't hunted this year, set up along a creek bottom that usually sees a lot of scrape activity. I selected a wild cherry tree and with 4 Lone Wolf steps, hung my Lone Wolf stand as high as I could get. The wind was from the NW, blowing my scent towards an open field, which I figured was good. I sat down at 2:45 pm. A local town's 5 o'clock siren told me it was time to stand up, that plus some showers had it darker than it should have been. Between the overcast sky and the rain showers, I felt good that something should be on it's feet.

Shortly after I stood up, maybe 5:15, I see movement off to the NW. While I was sitting in the tree, I happened to notice that two trails intersected below it and the buck was on the west fork. When he went behind a tree, I drew my bow. Just then, he stops to work a scrape that I didn't know was there. There were a few branches framing his vitals and I was almost tempted to try to thread an arrow through them, but I knew if he continued on the trail he was on that he would hit a clear window at 15 yards. He finished working the scrape, continued on to my window, I put the pin on him and hit him as he walked. I wasn't going to risk spooking him by stopping him, not at 15 yards. I saw the arrow hit the ribs, no pass through, lot's of arrow sticking out, but it was behind the shoulder and I thought I saw blood pumping out as he sprinted off. I watched him as far as the woods allowed, then heard a crash. I started putting my gear away, tore down the stand and headed down the trail. He broke off my arrow at just about the point I lost sight of him. I picked up my arrow and took two steps, then saw him about 20 yards further.

I was hoping for something a little different this year and I think I found it! Sorry guys, not sure if this is a gross or net contest, but I did what made me happy. I've got another buck tag, but I think rules state first buck. It's late, I,m just getting home, I will score it (as best I can) after work tomorrow night.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

I decided to quick score him, checked the rules and it looks like gross score is what counts. I came up with a gross of 136 5/8".

Right antler
MB 19”
G1 8 6/8”
G2 6 5/8”
Abnormal 8 6/8”
H1 4 4/8”
H2 4”
H3 2 7/8”
H4 2 6/8”

Left antler
MB 20 6/8”
G1 8 3/8”
G2 7 2/8”
G3 7 1/8”
H1 4 7/8”
H2 4 2/8”
H3 4 5/8”
H4 3 4/8”

Inside spread 17 6/8”

Gross score 136 5/8”
Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Jnrbronc, Thats a Awesome buck with alot a character, you dont see brow tines like he has too often. Congrats brother on the great buck!! And way to put us back in the lead again!

I didnt get out this weekend, it was raining all weekend and ive been sick the last few days with a heck of a cough So hopefully this week ill get better and ill get back out there. Rut is right around the corner here.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

I've got a landowner archery anysex tag in my pocket as well, so you can bet I'll be back out there as the rut is just starting to trickle in.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
I've got a landowner archery anysex tag in my pocket as well, so you can bet I'll be back out there as the rut is just starting to trickle in.
Well thats a bonus, that keeps you out hunting then, during the best time of the season!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys those are some nice deer our team is putting up. I haven't been on much simply because I wasn't seeing much until tonight.
I saw a large 8 or 10 point chasing tonight on the neighbors property. Then about 30 mins. later I saw a big deer and knew it was a buck immediately. It took a couple steps and I saw the rack and said holy sh*t. It appeared to have about a 20 in spread and I really am not sure how many points. It appeared to have pretty many though. Well this is where it all went wrong. The buck was heading toward me so I began to stand up and just like that 2 chipmunks get startled and go running the buck stops looks around doesnt like what it heard and takes off.
This is the second time this has happened to me on big buck. I have all kinds of luck fishing but hunting has cursed me for years. I'll get back out there but this is one frustrating sport.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully mine and pops luck will change.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

jnrbronc, awesome buck. Love that charcter. Congrats!!

It's been a rough few weeks. First my daughter was sick with strept and now my son is home with the flu, put him on Tamiflu as they think it may be h1n1. I've been down and out with a cough/cold/stomach flu so hopefully we clear up by the weekend and I can get out. I'll see what I can fit in between Hockey, cheer and family time.

I've got until November 14th and then will be back out with the bow come PA rifle season if I have no luck.

Good luck to the rest of the team.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the way, looks like we are back in the lead. with 408

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.