Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

In PA, we still have about a month to go. October 3rd. Although, I won't start hunting hard until Mid October.

I'm still not seeing any good bucks on my camera. I'm hearing they are there from others but yet to see anthing shootable.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put in the request for a new member. Hopefully we'll have one really soon. I am glad to have 4 days off for the holiday, and will do some scouting this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys their time off if they get it.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys I love the team name and I and congrats Ken or should I say Kaptain Ken!
works been nuts so I hope to get in on the banter closer to the season.
Take care
Old 09-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

So whats new team? Our early bow season starts next Monday the 14th. :-)
Old 09-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

I went out today to check on my stand and set up a trail cam. I saw a few medium size 3" dia. tree rubs and some territorial scrapes. When the big boys start rubbing the trees they are in the 6-8"dia. range. I also ended up coming across a decent 8 pointer in the soybean and he was still in velvet. I'm guessing he may have scored 100-110". My buddy was with and told me that the other bucks he's been seeing are way bigger than that so I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ken/WV
So whats new team? Our early bow season starts next Monday the 14th. :-)
Got to wait till Oct 1st here. Seems like there's quite a few bucks around this year, been seeing them driving around right at dusk, seeing nothing real huge but a few nice 2.5 year olds. i got one more set to hang this week, at a different property i got permission to hunt this fall, 80 acres of mixed forest with a couple fields that surround it and nice big apple orchard that sits right in the middle....Bring on oct 1st man i cant wait!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

I got back from a week long business trip and couldn't wait to visit my trail cams as I was hearing that the bucks were shedding (gotta love the internet!).

I noticed a couple of trees had been worked over, lower branches of a locust tree snapped off on the edge of a hayfield.

In a holding pattern for the Oct. 1 opener.

Here's a couple of pics, in velvet, then shed out:

Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice looking buck. I have one on TC out of velvet, but he's just a wide short tined, thin racked 7 point. I also saw a great looking 1 1/2 old 8 point last night that needs a few years. Problem is, some knucklehead will see 4 points on a side and say he's legal and shoot him. I'll post pictures when I can.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Got out yesterday and set up some stand sites down in MD. The opener is a week from today. We had some good bucks on camera earlier in the summer, but now all we have is a 2.5 year old 7 point that's still in velvet. I'm not worried because the bucks often change their patterns after shedding velvet. While getting gear from the car we did see a big 8 in the field with a doe so we know he is still around. If that 7 point shows up and still has solid velvet he is going to get it. I've never shot a buck in velvet and would love to get one.

Almost all of the bucks in PA are out of velvet now, but I'm still seeing them on camera. I pulled the camera to keep pressure out of the woods for the last month. I know what's in there at this point. I did get a nice surprise though with a new big 8 point that looks really good still in velvet.

Good luck to those that will be out soon.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

So do we have a full team yet? or are we still waiting on an alternate?

Anyone's season starting soon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.