HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300914-official-team-bone-town-thread-29-a.html)

zmax hunter 09-24-2009 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by cjahlert (Post 3443047)
Hi guys

sorry I'm late. Great to finally be placed on a team. Season in AR doesn't open until the Oct 1. Bucks are still in velvet here, but haven't seen alot of wall hangers. Lots of does, so hopefully the boys will be close by.

This is only my second bow season, I got a late start last year, but I'm looking forward to this year. 3 stands plus a climber. small plots planted on 1 stand and an area for the climber.

My gear:
Hoyt Magnatec
Trophy Ridge Matrix
Anchor sight
Tru-fire release
Real tree A/P camo

Glad to be aboard and I'll try not to embarrass myself to bad.

Everyone have a safe season.:party0005:

Chris

Welcome CJ, sounds like a nice set-up, best of luck!

I have been out twice, on evening hunts, the deer seem to be moving around 6 to 6:30 here, we've had a nice cold front, i should get to hunt fri, and some on sat and sun. depends on field work, we still have over 5k acres of wheat to plant, been rained out since monday with a chance of rain today and tomorrow. I saw Mr. Spread a couple weeks ago, he was standing in the ditch just after sundown, i drove right by him. fall crops are stating to get cut, sure hope they hurry up and get the corn out, that would take away alot of cover. Good Luck guys!

HuntingBry 09-24-2009 11:20 AM

My buddy went to our spot in MD and sat Tuesday evening and all day yesterday. He saw the big 8 that we have on trail camera, but he saw him fighting (yes, knock down drag out fighting) with an absolute monster. He said this buck has to be 170 inches. He saw him again last night too. Both bucks walked down the creek and if they turn right they go to him, the turned left.:nonono2: He shot a 151" buck there last year and said this buck makes him look tiny. He'll be going back tomorrow and if he doesn't get him tomorrow I'll be joining him for a couple of days next week down there.

Still waiting to hunt antlers here in PA.

cjahlert 09-25-2009 05:40 AM

6 days and counting here in AR. Its been raining for the past two weeks. I haven't had the chance to check any cameras so I'm hoping that my throw and grow mixed with some turnips has survived the rain. Unfortunately I have to work Thursday, but hoping that I can sneak out a bit early for an evening hunt. If not I'll be hanging in a tree Friday.

Safe hunting

Ken/WV 09-27-2009 12:44 AM

Not much to update...muzzleloader early season just ended thankfully...now waiting on cooler temps and the second saturday in october to get here. I can't wait.

Ken/WV 09-27-2009 12:49 AM

BTW...lets keep this topic going alittle better and more active. We are slacking some....I know everyone is waiting for season but some pics of deer, or stand setups, or just shooting is cool and usually sparks conversation. As soon as my desktop is repaired I will for sure post up pics.

finner 09-27-2009 11:29 AM

Well guys i hung my last set friday on different peice of property i got permission to hunt, i think its going to be a good spot, i cant wait to hunt it come Oct 1st. The other property i hunt got some better bucks and alot better habitat the deer really love so ill probally be hunting that alot more, but it nice to have another spot to fall back on. Cant wait to join you guys that are already hunting it sure will get back out again. Good luck Guys!!

jnrbronc 09-27-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ken/WV (Post 3455160)
BTW...lets keep this topic going alittle better and more active. We are slacking some....I know everyone is waiting for season but some pics of deer, or stand setups, or just shooting is cool and usually sparks conversation.

OK, I'll post up a pic or two. The cam was trying to decide whether to go IR or color and it picked wrong. I got a series of shots of these guys sparring.

jnrbronc 09-27-2009 04:19 PM

I wanted to pull this cam today and move it to another property. I came down this trail, grabbed the cam and headed back out the way I came. On the way out, I happened to look down and see a big fresh hoof print on this trail. Check out the times on these two.

jnrbronc 09-27-2009 04:26 PM

Shedding

jnrbronc 09-27-2009 04:27 PM

Tending a scrape.