HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300914-official-team-bone-town-thread-29-a.html)

Pops423 09-04-2009 04:27 AM

In PA, we still have about a month to go. October 3rd. Although, I won't start hunting hard until Mid October.

I'm still not seeing any good bucks on my camera. I'm hearing they are there from others but yet to see anthing shootable.

Ken/WV 09-04-2009 09:29 AM

I put in the request for a new member. Hopefully we'll have one really soon. I am glad to have 4 days off for the holiday, and will do some scouting this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys their time off if they get it.

Treebeard 09-04-2009 06:32 PM

Hey guys I love the team name and I and congrats Ken or should I say Kaptain Ken! :)
works been nuts so I hope to get in on the banter closer to the season.
Take care

Ken/WV 09-05-2009 08:51 AM

So whats new team? Our early bow season starts next Monday the 14th. :-)

Paddles 09-05-2009 03:50 PM

I went out today to check on my stand and set up a trail cam. I saw a few medium size 3" dia. tree rubs and some territorial scrapes. When the big boys start rubbing the trees they are in the 6-8"dia. range. I also ended up coming across a decent 8 pointer in the soybean and he was still in velvet. I'm guessing he may have scored 100-110". My buddy was with and told me that the other bucks he's been seeing are way bigger than that so I guess we'll see what happens.

finner 09-07-2009 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ken/WV (Post 3431126)
So whats new team? Our early bow season starts next Monday the 14th. :-)

Got to wait till Oct 1st here. Seems like there's quite a few bucks around this year, been seeing them driving around right at dusk, seeing nothing real huge but a few nice 2.5 year olds. i got one more set to hang this week, at a different property i got permission to hunt this fall, 80 acres of mixed forest with a couple fields that surround it and nice big apple orchard that sits right in the middle....Bring on oct 1st man i cant wait!

jnrbronc 09-07-2009 06:51 AM

I got back from a week long business trip and couldn't wait to visit my trail cams as I was hearing that the bucks were shedding (gotta love the internet!). :(

I noticed a couple of trees had been worked over, lower branches of a locust tree snapped off on the edge of a hayfield.

In a holding pattern for the Oct. 1 opener.

Here's a couple of pics, in velvet, then shed out:

Pops423 09-08-2009 07:00 AM

nice looking buck. I have one on TC out of velvet, but he's just a wide short tined, thin racked 7 point. I also saw a great looking 1 1/2 old 8 point last night that needs a few years. Problem is, some knucklehead will see 4 points on a side and say he's legal and shoot him. I'll post pictures when I can.

HuntingBry 09-08-2009 07:53 AM

Got out yesterday and set up some stand sites down in MD. The opener is a week from today. We had some good bucks on camera earlier in the summer, but now all we have is a 2.5 year old 7 point that's still in velvet. I'm not worried because the bucks often change their patterns after shedding velvet. While getting gear from the car we did see a big 8 in the field with a doe so we know he is still around. If that 7 point shows up and still has solid velvet he is going to get it. I've never shot a buck in velvet and would love to get one.

Almost all of the bucks in PA are out of velvet now, but I'm still seeing them on camera. I pulled the camera to keep pressure out of the woods for the last month. I know what's in there at this point. I did get a nice surprise though with a new big 8 point that looks really good still in velvet.

Good luck to those that will be out soon.

Pops423 09-11-2009 04:34 AM

So do we have a full team yet? or are we still waiting on an alternate?

Anyone's season starting soon?