Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

I sent all team members a link to a photobucket slide show of trailcam pics. He was one of them.

He was at the top of my list, so this season was a huge success.

Here's a much more recent trailcam pic of him. I haven't pulled cards it two weeks so I might have a couple newer ones of him, but I won't be getting any more.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a fine buck. One of these days, it's all going to come together for me here in PA.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted a few hours Saturday afternoon. About 4:20 I had a pretty nice 8 point that was hobbling really badly from a bum leg show up in the corn. Spent the next 35 minutes trying to grunt and bleat him out of the corn but he just stood there in one spot and never moved. May try to get back out there today for an hour after work.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry, forgot to post this for you guys here to see. I guided my wife last wedn for the afternoon hunt, about 4:45 she shot this nice 9 pointer with a couple kickers. Her buck scored 147 and weighed 260lbs on the hoof. She shot him with her .257 Roberts

started hunting with my daughter this past weekend,....I blew a chance on a nice buck for her. We'll go again on wedn and this coming sat and sun,...temps are way cold and we have a trace of snow with alot more in the forecast. Happy hunting guys
Attached Thumbnails Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)-p1011159.jpgsmall.jpg   Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)-p1011167.jpgsmall.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Shotgun season started last Saturday. I took my ML out and camped out in a funnel. I saw lots of deer, but Friday night I decided that I wouldn't shoot a buck unless it was the biggest of the year. I'd seen a true monster on that property Nov. 15, so memories of him made it easier to pass a couple of the nicer bucks. We have what they call a blizzard moving in, season ends Wednesday, so tomorrow I'm going to try some still hunting in the snow. I also will be looking for a doe to fill my tag.

That's pretty much going to be it for me this year. I do have two archery antlerless tags left, one for each of the two counties I hunt. I might go out once or twice before Jan. 10, but I won't be hunting hard like I have been.

Good luck to everybody and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last evening for an hour and had a nice night. Filmed a doe under my stand and ended up seeing 2 bucks and 8 doe. A real nice 8 point but stayed in the apples about 50 yards out and a second bigger bodied buck that already dropped his antlers. Wednesday will be my last hunt of the PA rifle season. I'll be back at it after Christmas.

Good luck guys.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm done in PA until after Christmas. Did check my stand out and found a pine tree had fallen in the upper end of the orchard where a lot of the deer where hanging out. Cleaned it all up and have myself a nice ground blind. Now just need a good S or SW wind after Christmas to hunt it.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Zmax,

Awesome buck your wife shot! Good job on the guiding.

As previously posted, I hunted Iowa's first shotgun season. I saw lots of bucks, just none I wanted to shoot. On the fourth day of the five day season, I decided to take a doe in the snow. I have a couple of antlerless only archery tags left and plan to get out a time or two before the end of season on Jan. 10.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys yesterday afternoon i put a shot on a decent 8 point, He was quartering away slightly when i shot, to me the shot looked good a tad foward maybe but not much i watched as my lighted nock went right in behind the shoulder, but made a loud noise as it hit. He took off fast like he was hit hard and ran real low to the ground. i gave him 40 mins and went to look for my arrow. it was laying there a few feet in the direction he ran from where i shot him. There was bright red blood and hair 8 inches up on the arrow with no broadhead on it. i grabbed the arrow and went back to my truck to wait for dark and for my dad to come meet me. We took up the trail a few hours later, there was no blood to speak of for about 50 yards, then there was good blood for about 100 yards and thats were we found his bed. Only a little blood in his bed and after he got up out of his bed the blood completely dissapeard. I got a feeling we may have bumped him out of his bed, but knowing the shot i put on him i thought he would of been dead. we then backed out and i went back out this morning but when i woke up there was a inch of fresh snow added to 12 we already got, i was bummed to say the least, i looked for 3.5 hours and couldnt find him. Guys im really sick i couldnt find this deer and to be honest i think he may be dead somewhere. this is only the second deer i lost in my hunting career and man it stinks.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the feeling. Still sick over my earlier season buck. If you think he is down, get back out there and search. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.