Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 11-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Typical Buck

Hey lads I am from Ontario!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by snake123
You guys are gonna kill me. I've searched my computer through and through, and I cannot find a picture of my deer with a bow. I feel horrible. Sorry guys. I don't know what to do
It happens. No big deal. Either way, it's a great buck.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Treebeard
Hey lads I am from Ontario!
Cool. Knock us down one of those big Canadian bruisers.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this am for a bit. Saw a decent buck running thru the top of the apple orchard. Think he was dogging a doe but could never get him to come in.

I'm off tomorrow morning and will hunt for a bit.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goodluck guys, hope everyone is still hunting.

We need to liven up the thread again....lets keep our heads up.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took the morning off and saw 0 deer yesterday. they have just gone dead in my area. This morning on the way to work, drove by my favorite stand and some dumbass put a pop-up blind 15 yards behind my treestand. I can see the freakin thing from the road so I know the deer can see it too. I'm so pissed off this morning.

This guy is a jackass and does this crap every year. Last 2 years, he takes trees that me or another guy have climbed all year and throws a ladder up in them in the last few weeks of the season. He's a friend of the landowners Dad so it doesn't really matter what I say, I'll just look like an ass. Just really caps off my season though. I've got tomorrow and Saturday but don't have much hope at this point.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I decided to head out one last time and crawled out of bed Saturday morning. Saw one doe come out of the corn like she was being chased but nothing ever came of it. About 8:20am the landowners dog came up thru the woods, stopped 5 yards in front of my stand and took a dump. Pretty much summed up my season.

On a side note, got an email from a friend yesterday that lives just down the road and said his neighbor shot a big 12 point behind his house on Monday. I'm hoping it's the buck I think I hit back in October. Will make me feel better knowing I didn't waste him. Still waiting on pictures to verify.

Monday after Thanksgiving starts our 2 week rifle season. I plan to hunt with the bow so we will see how things shake out.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to hunt Friday and Saturday....rifle season starts Monday and I will not be able to take thebow back out till Wenesday or Thursday that week. Probaly be Thursday. Still waiting on my Monster to come in....pics soon though.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

I started back to work yesterday after having most of the last two weeks off, trying to fill a landowners archery tag. I passed a buck early in the vacation, two different days, broadside at 15 yards because I knew from trail cams that there were better deer in the area. Never did see any of the better deer, saw lots of 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks until activity came to a screeching halt due to lock down. I'm resting up at work this week for an all day hunt this Saturday, hoping to have a buck coming off of one doe looking for the next. The Thanksgiving weekend looks good for similar activity.

Our soybean fields did get harvested a week ago but the corn hasn't been touched and it started raining yesterday. The standing corn is hurting movement as well. Should be a fair amount of fat deer survive hiding in the corn this year is about the only upside of that.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow, we are getting thumped now. Down by 230+ points.

Monday after Thanksgiving, PA Rifle season starts. I'll be out with the bow and see what I can do.

Last edited by Pops423; 11-27-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.