Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 10-05-2009, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I secured the ability to hunt a 3 acre piece of ground. Now that may not sound exciting but it's the missing property between where I currently hunt. It's the 3 acres of ground between the bedding and the corn. Oh yeah, it also has a half acre overgrown Apple Orchard. Oh Yeah!!

When I saw the land owner his first words were, 'Tell me you've seen the big guy!!!' I played dumb and didn't let on. I know in the past I've been too open with what I've seen and last year had my spot invaded by hunters who didn't have permission. This year the surrounding property is posted (I'm still good to hunt on it) but I don't trust guys.

Anyway, lunch time today will find me moving a ladder stand and a trail camera into the area.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Been hunting, alot, haha, have passed shooting 3 bucks, and 14 Does, so far, dang it, all of the Does have shown in the evening hours, I'll most likely put one down later this week, I would much rather shoot my Doe in the morning so I dont have to worry much about a nite track job. I did have 3 Does last thurs. morning, I was on my knees, just getting ready to pull my bow up when they came thru at 10 yards, this is sad, i actually got the bow up, they were closing fast, arrow in nocked, i pick the lead Doe, as i start to draw, my thigh starts to cramp, ouch! honestly, lol the more i tryed to pull the more it hurt! must not be drinking enough water?? they got down wind and kinda got nervous, no tails, or snorts, just they knew something was up, they cautiously left the area.
Oh, here, I am nearly finished with my new reloading headquarters. after deer season, cold of winter, it will be nice to sit down and make some custom ammo with very tight tolerances. :becky:
Attached Thumbnails Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)-p1011114.jpgsmall.jpg   Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)-p1011115.jpgsmall.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking room. Good luck.

Make sure you go back and review the avatar's on page 11 and let us know what you think.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

crickets...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went in late afternoon to move my stand in and had a doe walk right by me. had to leave because the owners dog wouldn't leave me alone.

Went back late this morning and saw a doe feeding in the orchard. Got the stand all set and ready to go. Going to let it settle down for a few days before hunting it.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

The only shots presented last weekend were numerous button bucks, a 1.5 year old buck and a 2.5 year old buck; nothing I'm interested in during the first week of season.

The young bucks were doing a lot of chasing so hopefully the big boys will get antsy as well. A major cold front for this weekend, even chance of flurries on Sunday, so that ought to jump start things as well.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

I've seen a red fox, a few doe and a small 8 pointer. Nothing major going on. I'm counting on that halloween time period to see the big boys. GOOD LUCK GUYS!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Paddles
I'm counting on that halloween time period to see the big boys. GOOD LUCK GUYS!
I hear you on the Halloween time frame. I have a couple of doctor's appointments scheduled for Oct. 28 (annual physical type stuff). I noticed that the moon is supposed to be good that evening. I don't usually pay much attention to moon phase, cause if I got the time, I'm hunting regardless. Anyhow, I took the whole day off work so I could spend the afternoon/evening in a stand.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pops, I like #3. Nice work.

In other news I've been out quite a bit, and I've got us on the board! The story is in the bowhunting section, but here are some pics:

Old 10-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Sweet! Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.