Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Woodland Terrors (12) >

Official Team Woodland Terrors (12)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Woodland Terrors (12)

Old 10-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

giml that is a great project I like the wood myself, gives it a custom look!
you could dress it up with a nice leather sling.

Last edited by steve m; 10-06-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks steve, I figure if the wood ever gets beat up or grubby looking down the road I could always have it dipped then. The leather sling is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

So is anyone currently hunting? the wait is killing me and i was hoping to live vicariously through you guys for another 10 days haha
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I've been out since the 26th. I had to pass up a 10 point the other night. He would only go around 110 inches. He put on a nice show working over the overhead branches. The little boys think it is time to play. He got lucky,I passed up four does thinking he was a big doe at first. I was going to let his air out untill I saw horn.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Ohio how may deer can you shoot in your area? do you need to shoot a doe first to get a buck.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

well guys headin out tommorrow afternoon to go to virginia to do some huntin on sat. so, wish me luck. will give you an update on sunday when i get back. good luck out there guys and remember BE SAFE.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

Hi, sorry I just found the email that SteveM sent me.. Am I on this team or did I miss out?? Been too busy getting ready to be online.

Last edited by wantabigbuck; 10-09-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Typical Buck

wantabigbuck,sorry guy you were replaced as a no show.
Steve,I can take 5 does and 1 buck. Ohio does not have a earn a buck program. I personally would be for it. I've stayed out of those funnels the last few days. The winds have been bad. I have family stuff today but should be back out on Monday.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ohio Bowhunter75
wantabigbuck,sorry guy you were replaced as a no show.
Well that sucks... So is there another team I can get on? or am I done.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

well guys made it back from my trip last night, little frustrated though didnt see a single deer all day, but yesterday evening sits was something very amazing for me. got in the stand at around 3:30 then about 5:30 i here something coming toward me so typically where im from this means either a squirrel or a deer so glassing trying to find out what it was thinking one or the other, what to my surprise pops out, two black bear, now this is the first time i have ever seen a black bear in the woods while hunting, i get the shakes pretty bad. the first one was deffinitely not a shooter, but the second one was kinda iffy. my dilema was i didnt know if it a sow with a cub which is illegal to kill or is this not a sow and a cub and is the second big enough to shoot. so with never having the opportunity to see a bear in the wild and not having any experience on judging them i elected to pass. the first one came within 20yds, the second, well lets say i thought it was comin to say hi to me in the tree, it came straight to the bottom of the tree and stood and looked right at me. by this time it was all i could do to keep it together. then it just turned and went back in the opposite direction the other went and simply dissapeared. so needless to say me and my buddy will be goin back in a couple weeks to see if i can find another that is hopefully bigger. hope you guys enjoy my story. good luck out there.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

That's real cool 22 series! I've yet to see a bear in the woods but I'm sure my reaction would have been similar, haha I'd be shaking like crazy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.