Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Woodland Terrors (12) >

Official Team Woodland Terrors (12)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Woodland Terrors (12)

Old 10-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Looking forward to see what you come up with Ohio ,You have some quality bucks to choose from for sure!!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Steve that's a heck of a muley, especially with a bow. Deer season is still a couple weeks away here in NY but today was the opener of fall turkey season. so this afternoon I went and hung a treestand over one of our new plots, and went to my money spot for fall turkey hunting. Its this knoll where the birds always come to roost, and tonight was no different.

This one and about five other toms came feeding in from my right and a little below me. I managed to get turned a little to get on them, but they caught me moving the last little bit. They were putting and just about to get outta there, but i got a crosshair on this one first. I didn't weigh him before I breasted him out, but he had a 10.5 inch beard and just over 3/4 inch spurs but super sharp. So I know it isn't a big, bow killed whitetail but I'm hoping getting him the first day is a good omen for the rest of the hunting season.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Steve M, wholly Moolly what a great Mule deer. Congratulations man. Your on the board. Way to go.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

That a nice bird ,fancy gun to!!
Any body in the woods this weekend ,DOWN&OUT 2000 acers should hold at least a couple deer --how are you makin out?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Typical Buck

I did see two of my target bucks last week. It was from a distance as I watched trying to see their movements. They split off in the morning. One crossed through one funnel on his way to bed and the other passed through another funnel. I hung a stand in the one funnel but I just can't shoot out of that stand to my left. So there are two new stands on there way. The only trees I can use are huge maples. Everything else is to small or out of shooting position.I had 9 deer use the smaller funnel when I hunted it Thursday evening. The big boy did not show during shooting light.I've caught him crossing there 4 times. Three of those were earlier while he was in velvet.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your bird. I never hunt them in the fall. I've been seeing a few on my place.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks steve - its my project gun. A few years ago I wanted to get one of those fancy special purpose shotguns just for turkey hunting. The only problem is they were all out of my price range, so instead I got a plain jane Remington 870 for a fraction of the price, and decided that each year I would add a little something to it. I thought it would a fun project and that way I could really get it just how I wanted. Started by adding the turkey plex scope a couple years ago, then last year I got a trigger job and added the Boyd's thumbhole stock. I was thinking that maybe next year I would get it camo dipped, but I really like the way the woods looks so I might leave it the way it is and play around with something else. Maybe do some experimenting with different choke tubes.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Ohio Bowhunter - I don't hunt them too hard in the fall, it just doesn't have the excitement as hunting those love struck gobblers in the spring. But with bow season a couple weeks away it seemed like a pretty good reason to go out and sit in the woods. I have another fall turkey tag but I prob wont go out anymore. I like to have at least one in my pocket in case a flock wanders by while i'm sitting in a tree bow hunting. I've yet to get one that way but I've come real close the past couple years, hoping i'll be able to pull it off this year.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

I have been tempted to shoot one from my stand but never do. I've been seeing some nice toms,hopefully they will be around in the spring. Fall turkey hunting always seemed silly to me. If I find them,why do I want to scare them away and them call them back? I'm might be just a dumb redneck but I'm shooting them the first time. So much for being sporting.LOL
Old 10-06-2009, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

I've got the scatter and call back thing to work a couple times, but only when i stumble onto a flock and scatter them by accident haha. I usually just hunt them like deer in the fall. get where I think they are going to go, wait and ambush them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.