Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Beautiful buck man!! Didnt see a thing this morning. Went back in to my spot where you are gauranteed to see deer at 2pm. Was only there for 30 minutes before a basket racked 8 point that probably scored around 80 came in and bedded down 70 yards away. 2 hours later he got up and started to angle my way. Came in to 40 yards as he got ready to cross the logging road and never offered me a shot. Looked the other way and here comes 6 turkeys, luckily turkey season is in so i hung up the bow and grabbed the rifle since they were out over 100 yards away. When one crossed a small opening i let lead fly and nailed my second turkey ever. Then get this, i turn back around to see if the buck stuck around and he was still milling around without a care in the world!! He slowly fed out of sight never coming within shooting distance again. The deer back in this spot dont seem to react to gun fire as my dad took a few shots with his muzzleloader before he hit his deer back in the early doe season without the deer running away or even so much as looking alerted. Never seen anything like it before. 17 pound hen now in the freezer and am gonna head back to the same spot on wednesday hopefully, it has a watering hole that bucks seem to stop by for water when cruising for does. Good luck everyone! And once again awesome buck wihunter!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to you Wihunter GREAT BUCK!!! It all paid off for ya!!

Crazedbowhunter nice job on your turkey!!! You can have him for Thanksgiving!!

Them bucks are up and chasing here :devil - full rut and the corn is just coming out now. I have the trail cams out over a couple of scrapes and got some cool little video of a few buck using a licken branch.

I have had a little trouble with my internet here. I will try to post my buck again in the score thread again.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Wihunter, Congrats !! Nice Buck, I would be proud of him. Hey our team is hanging in there. We should be in 3rd place if I'm guessing right. I need to get out there are put one down as well, lately all I'm seeing are small bucks that I don't want to shoot. 5 different small bucks in the past 4 days. So much corn doesn't help much either and the rut is just picking up around here about 1 1/2 week later than usual. Today 2 dead bucks killed on the highway and 2 bucks chasing does in cut corn beside highway this morning, It's on !!!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone. Yep my bow season is over. This weekend starts our gun season and although I have tried in the past I never see any day time deer movement after the gun season. All I would be after anyway would be a buck bigger than the one I got and I really don't have anything on camera that is. I will be out for the gun season to spend some time with my Dad. We usually just talk about everything going on and don't spend a lot of time hunting.

Good luck to everyone still getting out. HuntinLady please do get that picture posted. It will help with the score and get us moved up some.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Have fun Wi! Our bow season ended last saturday with no deer sighted. Gonna head down to Maryland to hunt shotgun season after thanksgiving with my bow as with how thick it is you cant shoot past 30 yards. Good luck everyone, hope to tag a wall hanger with the bow here soon.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

One last evening for me on thursday before the blastin' starts here in IL on friday. Then it starts getting tougher to find the bone! Wish me luck! Good luck guys!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great to see you got your buck on the score card HuntinLady. Again that is a real nice 10 pointer. Congrats.

Good luck you guys still getting out. I'll report back next week on how my gun season goes.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buck season over for me

Here in Indiana we have a one-buck rule. One buck for all seasons during the year. My buck season ended last Sunday right at dark...unfortunately, it was done with my muzzleloader. I apologize to the team for not being able to take him with my bow but I couldn't pass up this buck. In July I got my first trailcam pix of him when he was just a 9 pt. He matured into an 11 pt. I have included both pix of him.
My treestand was in the larger of the two trees right behind the deer. When I shot him Sunday he was within 15 or 20 yds of where the trailcam pix was taken in July.
I certainly wish the best for each of you and Team 3 as a whole.
Good luck and be safe.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-pic0106.jpg   Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-pic0107.jpg   Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-img_1329.jpg  

Last edited by Trex; 11-19-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck Trex! Dont feel bad about shooting that buck with a muzzleloader. We are doing pretty good so far with I believe 3 bucks shot for our team so far and we are currently in 6th place. Great buck no matter what you shot it with. I know in rifle season i will probably be toting the muzzleloader too but might sneak the bow out in Maryland next weekend for the opener of their shotgun season. Once again, nice buck!

Last edited by crazedbowhunter; 11-19-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys, how is everyone that is still hunting doing? Got emailed a pic of a buck shot down on our farm our hunt club hunts by a kid on youth day. Scored around 165" and the guy living there said he saw a bigger one last week. Gonna be taking the bow out friday down there to hope and put my tag on one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.