Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 10-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Sweet buck! Congrats!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! That is one nice 10 point, good and wide. Only gonna get a couple hunts in here by friday this week. This saturday I am heading down to Mexico for a week of fishing, but as soon as i get back ought to be in the middle of the rut. I am already seeing lots of chasing by the smaller bucks and am starting to see the bigger ones showing themselves. Good luck all and go whack a biggun.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great buck. Sure hope something like that comes walking by me soon.

I'll be out every weekend over the next 4 and I have 2 days off each week for the next 2 weeks. Sure has to be something starting soon. Activity has been real slow.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Great looking buck Huntinlady !!! I would be VERY proud to get a buck like that. Season in VT. is over, never did see that 8 ptr. again. Very frustrated with lack of deer seen so far, but activity should be picking up real soon now. I still have untill Dec. 15 in N.H. but will be sharing the woods with M/L hunters. Where I hunt, that actually might be an advantage to me as I know everyone that will be in the area and I will be stratigically located. Good luck Team 3
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

THANKS GUYS!! I am still all gitty!! I will score him and get him posted.

Thanks again and STAY SAFE & GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

HAPPY RUTTING its right around the corner!!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spent all weekend out and had a few decent bucks around but no shots. Came to full draw on one but he wouldn't take that last step. Tough when you are on the ground and he is down wind.

I am heading out tonight after work and I have 10 of the next 13 days I will be out in the woods with the bow. After that my season with bow will be about over. Our gun season starts the 21st and I have never even seen deer after that while bow hunting. Actually have seen 11 different bucks this fall in over 80 hours in the trees and only seen 7 does. Earn a buck is making it harder to get a doe than a buck.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Team, just and update.
I have been hunting pretty hard lately But no luck yet. I don't know whats going on here in Ohio the rut usually has been starting to heat up this time of year but not this year. the does are not moving much and the bucks are not chasing, really strange. I've seen small bucks, two different 8 points that I passed on and one nice 140 class out of range. Have seen them making rubs and rubbing trees but not really chasing yet. There's so much corn in the fields yet maybe I'm not seeing all that's going on. Well maybe tomorrow it will be better. good luck everyone ! Hunt Hard & Be Safe !!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have been hard at it like most of you. Seeing a lot of chasing and last Weds had nice 8 pt come close but not close enough. Tried to call and rattle but he not interested. Look but not come in. Doe bedded 32 yds from me at 9:30 and got up at 11:30 to feed on browse in the thicket she was in. Took shot at her at 47 yds and missed high. At 1:30 the 8pt came in and pretty much followed her path but never gave me a clear shot. He went directly to her bed and then moved off not following her exit route. This is the second time I have seen him in the same field corner. I am heading out again Sun eve and plan to stay on stand all day Mon and Tue. My stand is just inside a field corner approx 300 yds from where I park my truck. I plan on using a drag rag for the first time this year when I go in Mon a.m. and take the long route to my stand to try to and stir up some interest. Hope to have better report next time. Best of luck to the team and congratulations to Huntinlady on her nice buck.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Hey folks. I had four days to hunt over this past weekend and had several nice P&Y bucks in range but still holding off for a 150+....we will see how long that lasts! After thursday and the temps soared into the 70s....the deer movement plummeted around here..thus stalling the BIG buck movement.

Decided to work one of my vacation days and take it thursday of this week to give me a three day weekend to hunt, cool temps coming so should be rockin!.....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally did it. After years of letting small bucks walk I connected on this 12 pointer 11 scoreable (has split G3's). It was Saturday morning about 5 minutes in when I heard a deer crashing and thought somehow I was busted. Then the doe ran by me and I realized she was being chased. I stood up and got the bow ready and he popped up behind a deadfall. I came to full draw but he would not take the last 2 steps. I thought it was forever but when he did I made sure I did everything right. I have a history of messing up under pressure. I made sure my sight picture was right and put my 30 yard pin right on the front shoulder. Didn't get a complete passthru as I caught the shoulder but I did get the G5 Montec CS to pass thru the shoulder, rib, both lungs and a rib on the other side before stopping sticking out both sides. He didn't make it 40 yards and was down.

Anyway I am jacked up yet about it all. My best bow buck before this was a 5 pointer about 15 years ago. We got our own property 8 years ago and have been working on letting small bucks walk. All the waiting has paid off. I will get him posted on the score thread soon. Total was 126 2/8's.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-12-point.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.