Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 10-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Spike

Well Guys I got us on the board. I'll get the score together tomorrow or so, but here he is. A nice 7 point that I'm happy with.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-jimdeer.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job KreagerJ !
I would be happy with him also. Congrats on drawing first blood for the team. I haven't hunted much yet doing more scouting than hunting right now, haven't got the bucks patterned yet. I usually have more luck later in October first couple weeks in November when the bucks are checking does.
Good luck everyone and again congrats KreagerJ !
Old 10-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Great job Kreager! Yesterday morning I saw one of the big 8's at 46 yards but didnt have a clear shot as it was a little too thick. The afternoon I saw 7 does and 3 gobblers. Last doe I saw I decided to shoot since all I was seeing was doe's. Anyways their food sources changed so all the closer they came was 46 yards to this tree that collected some water. I drew back, anchored and released and watched that arrow sail for her vitals till it hit a limb at the 35 yard mark. Arrow veered high and took a couple hairs off her back. Atleast I know where to set up next chance i get to hunt, which is probably tuesday. Hope everyone else is seeing deer, now I gotta find them bucks since I know where they bed. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations kreagerj, nice deer !! I only got to hunt on friday this week. Ended up having to work over the weekend. Still experiencing a dry spell. Haven't even had an opp. to put a doe in the freezer yet. I do have the third week of Oct. off so I should be able to hunt every day that week.
Good Luck to all, and good job putting Team 3 on the board kreagerj!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Kreagerj on the buck. I too would be very happy with him. I had a 7 pointer not that big come by but I couldn't get a shot as the other 3 smaller bucks with him would have busted me. Probably not getting out with the bow now again until the end of Oct (around the 25th). This coming weekend is the youth hunt and the next is a doe only gun or bow hunt. I will be out that weekend but might carry the rifle to get some meat for the freezer. I don't like to shoot does once the rut gets here as a big buck might be following. I do need to get some meat and a couple of buck tags I can carry over to next year.

Good luck everyone.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Well, broke the ice with a doe tonight at 6:30. Was sitting in my stand when this mature doe came walking out of the brush scanning the trees. Even though I was 25 feet up and behind a limb, she still knew something wasnt right. She procceeded to blow at me for the next 15 minutes and i decided if I got the chance, I was gonna take her out. Well, she took a couple bounds right onto an old logging road at 25 yards and I sent my rage to her. A kick, and 60 yards later she was on the ground and won't be teaching the other deer to look in the trees. I have a feeling this is the same doe I grazed on saturday since she was all alone and came out at the same relative time and place as before.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone having any luck? Dad let me play hooky and go hunting instead of go to school. Raining all morning and only saw 1 pretty dark coyote but it wouldnt stop for a shot. Evening hunt was pretty much a wash, didnt see any deer but could hear them moving around in the brush. Gonna have to figure out where they are coming out of their bedding area now, I know they didnt wind me cuz the wind was in my favo the whole time.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to you kreager!!! Way to go on gettin first blood for the team!!! Nice buck!! Way to puttem down.

I think the bucks are on the move here, I have been gettin out and the last couple of mornings is has been pretty cold! It even snowed a little the other day. I seen a Big 10 and a nice 8 the other night about 80 yards away. I grunted a little but the bucks were both fallowing does right on their backdoors. I am going to move one of my stands over or take in a climber when I get the right wind!!! The 8 pointer came out and made a scrape and then got up on his back legs and was making a lickin branch and rubbin his horns in the branches. What a cool show, they got me going. I cant wait for the right wind and I will get back in that corner!!

Good luck to all of the team!!! Again CONGRATS TO YA KREAGER!!! Yea!!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Kreager!!! Glad to see you knocked one down for the team...Great kill!

I
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

whoops! i have been hitting it 3-4 times a week and passed on a 3 year old P&Y 8 pointer the other morning that would prob go 140, was tough but I know there are some BIG 150+" in the area so I'm holding out to get a crack at one of them.

My wife broke the ice with a nice doe, I'm still on a high from that.

Have been some giants hitting the ground here in IL lately so I am back out after em soon! Good luck guys and congrats again Kreager!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.