Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27) >

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Old 11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Went out tonight and didnt have anything come in, so 20 minutes early I jumped down to see what was on the other side of the property and saw a 150" bruiser ran down to the corner of where my other tree stand is and also a half mile away saw a 140 inch 10 point. The second buck was with 5 does and followed there every move. Good luck to everyone. And keep me posted on how everyone is doing on the rut stage. It is early pre rut I would say in nebraska..

Matt
Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys,I have 1 week left with with the bow, and then gun season starts next Saturday, so I will have the ML out. That lasts 7 days. Then if I dont fill my gun tag, I will have the bow out again until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Our ML season starts then, and runs for 3 weeks. So I would say hat if I dont get anything in the next week with my bow, I probably wont fillmy archery tag again this year. The good thing is that I am still not working, so I will have every day this week to hunt.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted hard all weekend and had some great encounters, they just were not with any of the bucks I am looking to score on. I had a beautiful 2 1/2 yr. old 8 pt. at 6 yds. last night. He has a ton of potential and I hope he makes it a couple more years.

The bucks are starting to scrape pretty hard here and the rubs are starting to show up. I think it will be great in a week or two.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Well - ND was somewhat of a bust. There were few deer seen between 3 of us and only one attempt on a nice buck. One of the guys took a doe, but that was it. The gun season starts here this weekend in MN and i am taking my 10 year old out for his first attempt at shooting a deer. I hope we get some activity.

Good luck all.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

So how much time does everyone have left for bow season?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have till friday then it shuts down for 9 days and opens back up till the end of the year. I went out this morning and saw a nice 155" buck on the way to the stand. He was already heading north alongside the river to his bedding area 20 minutes before legal light. I will go out tonight and this could be my last possible hunt for the next couple weeks.

Matt
Old 11-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have until Jan. 15th. We have some spots on our lease that actually get better later in the season.

I hunted all weekend and it was SLOW. Our temps. were way to warm, it was in the 70's all weekend. We managed to get some decent deer on one of our game cams though. Hopefully I can get the eight or the larger deer to come see me. These were taken within 30 yds. of one of my stands. I just need them to get there when it's light out.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-nice-8.jpg   Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-nice-8-2.jpg   Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-shooter-buck.jpg   Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-young-buck.jpg  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

My secluded 3 acre field is torn up with rubs and scrapes so I hung a camera hoping to get a pic of some beast. Here he is in all his glory.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Spike

Well I finally put an 8 point on the ground today with only two days remaining in the archery season. I will be uploading pics and a score when I have a chance, I believe he will go about 100" on the tape.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats tca, can't wait to see the pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.