Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27) >

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, tonight makes 3 sits, and still no buck sighting. Saw another doe tho, she came right under my stand, and crossed the river behind me. I am really itching to make those new Rage 2 blades eat, but it is too early to shoot a doe yet.

Found out some bad news today at work. Sounds like we are shutting down around the first of October. I knew it was coming, but that dont soften the blow. It sounds like we will be on full layoff, and only working when we have trailers to paint. The sucky part is, that from the time the trailer goes on the jig, it is at least 2 months before we see it in the paint shop, and right now there is nothing on the jig, and none even signed on the dotted line. Dont know what I will do. Bright side is, I might have all kinds of time to hunt this year.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darren-I am sorry to hear about your work slowing down. Unfortunately that story is all too familiar for a lot people right now. I hope your situation improves or that you can find something else. I know we have seen a substantial decline in our business over the past year and I would be lying if said I wasn't nervous going into winter. Like you said, it could mean just more time to hunt.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

biddaddy - sorry to hear that also.

Where were you working? and like you said - more time to enjoy life(hopefully only short lived hopefully)
Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

IT was a small company that painted, and did all the graphics on the Nascar, NHRA, Monster Truck... Race Haulers. Neverer thought when I started there 11 years ago that we would see this happening. The Company was called FeatherLite Graphics. I think the website is back up and running, if you want to check it out. www.featherlitegraphics.com
Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Spike

I've seen a few doe and two 6 pointers nothing to shoot yet. We'll be back at tomorow though.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

My season starts tmr morning (26th), everythings ready to go and i am pumped!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Well, checked the trail cams on saturday and just the same two and a half year olds with potential. Went to put them out today and was looking at one of my stands I put up last year at about 13 yards and all of a sudden out of the grass in front of me six yards away explodes two whitetails. One is a small 8 that might make 115, and the other looks to be a 10 that is around the 140- 145 range. Scared the crap out of me. And I wish I would have been in that stand this morning.

Matt
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Well nothin but skin heads so far, and this afternoon we had wind gusts up to 40mph so i stayed home and got caught up on yardwork.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, how is everyone doing? Well I have some good news, and some bad news. Tomorrow is my last day before getting layed off, so I will have lots of timee o be in the woods........but now I am coming down with the flu crap that is going aroound town. (there were over 100 kids gone from school today) So hopefully I dont get what everyone else has.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is good that you are keeping your head up about being laid off Darren. I hope you don't get too sick and get over it fast.

Tomorrow is the big morning for me, our season finally starts. I am going to head out for a couple of hours before work and I will be hunting all weekend.

Good luck to all of my teammates! Let's put some bucks on the ground to go with the one Travis already killed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.