Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27) >

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)

Old 09-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

8 days and a wake up, and I will be in a tree someplace!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
8 days and a wake up, and I will be in a tree someplace!!!!
I envy you! I have to wait until Oct. 1 .
Old 09-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcme eric, and CONGRATS to trigger for getting us on the board! What a great start!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Siman08/OH
Welcme eric, and CONGRATS to trigger for getting us on the board! What a great start!
Thanks Bro!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Checking the cams on sunday and season starts on tuesday. I'll let ya know if I get any good pics tomorrow. Just checkin in with everyone.

Matt
Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

We are officially on the board - but in 2nd place. Score came in pretty close to what i was expecting - 110.25. I was sitting on a little slough, probably 20 yards across and 40 yards long, that was completely surronded by scrub oaks. It was Sunday night and the temps were close to 90 that afternoon. i had sat all evening and about 10 minutes before sunset i picked him up trying to sneak thru. He was on a main trail heading right for me and i did catch a glimpse of his head, just enough to know he was a buck. He was heading right for my lane so i drew and waited for him to show. He came in at about 15 yards and i breifly scanned his headgear and he was enough for me. Gave him a little "baaaa" and he stopped in his tracks. Second later my arrow hit the mark, i had never felt more confident about my shot placement before. His back arched, he hoped straight up, came down on his side and ran like the wind. In a matter of seconds i heard him crash and i knew the deal was over. i gave him some time and tried to settle my nerves, but within no time i had does all over me. It was starting to get dark and i wanted to get a locate on him before heading back to the truck, so i scared off the does and walked right to where i expected him to be laying. And there he was. Great night on stand and it had been 10 years since i took a nice buck - i was due.

As far as the rest of the trip, we didn't see the numbers of deer that we were hoping for, but when we did see deer chances are that it was a buck. Mine was the only buck taken, but are hoping to get back out there the end of October.

Out of our group we saw two over the 160 mark, but nothing close to shoot at. I think i was the only one with an oppurtunity at a nice buck. And the night after i got my deer - i beautiful 8 point(around the 140 mark) at 30 yards. Tried to get some pictures, but i must have been shaken to bad because they are all fuzzy.

Overall, the temps were high and the wind wouldn't stop blowing but it was a great trip. Any trip with good buds is gonna be great though. Now just waiting for the MN season to open.

Good luck all!

Last edited by triggertrav; 09-13-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great trip Travis! And dont worry about us being in second place,we wont be for long! So can you go back to ND and shoot more bucks,or are you done then. Are you going to be in a tree next weekend for the Minnesota opener? Good Luck if you are!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

i still have a doe tag for ND - but not sure what the regs are on party hunting out there yet. I will have to look into. We do have 3 buck tags left.
As to the MN opener - i won't be out i have a fishing tourney that weekend and the following weekend i will be up north at a wedding, so it may be a little while before i get out here.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well boys, I couldnt hold out, I had to go check the camera again today, I was going to wait until opener next weekend, but couldnt wait.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-mdgc0004.jpg   Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-mdgc0031.jpg   Official Team Rut Nutz Thread (27)-mdgc0033.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Nice pics! I went out sat. and set up my darkhorse and 1 ladder stand and checked my cams, i wont go back until i hunt it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.