HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team The Lung Liberators Thread (35) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300910-official-team-lung-liberators-thread-35-a.html)

Ben / PA 08-18-2009 04:09 PM

Official Team The Lung Liberators Thread (35)

Where you boys at?:cool15:

235 BrentH243
alt SouthernIndianaHunter
199 07 tomkat
50 BPBowhunter
269 ryancam16
54 mj469
22 peakrut
324 RuttNutt
89 Ben / PA
214 BowHunter818

BPBowhunter 08-18-2009 05:19 PM

Hey team looking forward to the upcoming season and contest.

Ben, great to be on the team with you.

Take care,

Brian

BOWHUNTER818 08-18-2009 05:35 PM

Im here this is my forth contest and am looking to dethron the DARK HORSES!! Ben also glad to be a teamate this year looking forward to a good season..

I am NICK i hunt the lower part of DE and have had some really nice deer activity lately even though it has been 95 degrees. I was after a really nice 10 point that i just couldnt finish the deal, i have saw him this year out in the feild with binos, and i a good 12 or 13 still havnt checked trail cams dont want to mess anything up, cause my season starts SEPT.1..have anything else you want to know ASK..I am looking forward to makeing some new freinds!!

TJF 08-18-2009 08:14 PM

Brian

Best of luck hunting this year. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Tim

peakrut 08-18-2009 11:21 PM

Peak checking in from Wisconsin and lets roll!

Tony

07tomkat 08-19-2009 03:04 AM

Hey all my name is Matt from Warren, PA.

Good luck to everyone let's have a great season and put some monsters down shall we...

RuttNutt 08-19-2009 12:05 PM

ruttnutt checkin in..... Let's get some bbd this year boys!!!! I am hunting on the eastern shore of maryland where I just moved back to. I have two bucks on the property over 150" and a couple more that will go 130".....Bowhunter 818, hit me up on the phone and let me know where your at in deleware... I work in fenwick island.. maybe you can come out to my property and hunt a couple times with me this year man...

RuttNutt 08-19-2009 12:13 PM

And if you guys want to chat or send some pics of big deer, or swap pics of the wifes:] my cell is 443-497-0132

mj469 08-19-2009 05:07 PM

Hey guys, I'm Mitch, and I'm from Central Nebraska originally. I now live in the western part of Iowa and will be hunting both areas. I look forward to a good season, and hope to see some trail cam pics and harvest pics of some Bigguns' from our team. Good luck to all!

BOWHUNTER818 08-19-2009 05:31 PM

Ruttnut will do man i am in Dover and hunt Georgetown, DE if you are fimilair with the area. I have a Big property in Georgetown but i may take you up on your offer, i would say you could come hunt but i have more aless a hunting club, i have to check the trailcams to see what kind of bruisers we have runnin around..

SO team names anyone??

-NICK

Ben / PA 08-19-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 07tomkat (Post 3412249)
Hey all my name is Matt from Warren, PA.

Good luck to everyone let's have a great season and put some monsters down shall we...

Hey, just came through there today Matt. I have some Amish up in Sugar Grove that do some work for me.

BP, I was glad to see your name too. From the looks of things, we have a pretty decent team. I'm stoked.

07tomkat 08-20-2009 03:02 AM

Ben, I live about 7 miles from Sugar Grove and work at United Refining Co.

I got a vacation this year for Nov 2 - 6 so I will be putting plenty of time in the woods that week and hopefully a few nights during the week after work. Oct 3 season starts here in PA.:rock:

Ben / PA 08-20-2009 07:37 AM

While we don't have everyone here yet, we do have a majority. Anyone got an ideas on a name? This contest is about measuring inches.....how bout "Tape Rulers"?

Ben / PA 08-21-2009 01:16 PM

Getting us back on page one boys.....what are you guys doing this weekend?

BPBowhunter 08-21-2009 05:30 PM

Ben,

How's your food plot coming along? I'll be checking mine out tomorrow, 1/2 acre of soy beans and 1/2 acres of corn. Will also be putting the game cams back out. We have seen several younger bucks, nothing outstanding yet.

Just finishing up the family vacation thing as well this weekend. Hopefully a decent round of golf with my 17 year old son, and a back yard barbeque to finish things off. Then it's back to reality on Monday.

Again, good luck to all this season and looking forward to getting to know everybody on the team.

Take care,

Brian

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-21-2009 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BPBowhunter (Post 3415623)
Ben,

How's your food plot coming along? I'll be checking mine out tomorrow, 1/2 acre of soy beans and 1/2 acres of corn. Will also be putting the game cams back out. We have seen several younger bucks, nothing outstanding yet.

Just finishing up the family vacation thing as well this weekend. Hopefully a decent round of golf with my 17 year old son, and a back yard barbeque to finish things off. Then it's back to reality on Monday.

Again, good luck to all this season and looking forward to getting to know everybody on the team.

Take care,

Brian

Nice Brian.

Ben's food plot is incredible! You guys have a good team mate in him as I think it's inevitable that he scores. :happy0001:

BPBowhunter 08-21-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer (Post 3415633)
Nice Brian.

Ben's food plot is incredible! You guys have a good team mate in him as I think it's inevitable that he scores. :happy0001:

Thanks Rob and I have to agree Ben is due, he certainly has put in the time and effort. :)

I also am hoping to have a good year, hopefully lady luck will be on my side, time will tell.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-21-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by BPBowhunter (Post 3415641)
Thanks Rob and I have to agree Ben is due, he certainly has put in the time and effort. :)

I also am hoping to have a good year, hopefully lady luck will be on my side, time will tell.

I told Ben the other day that your a producer if you choose to be. I told him how you pass small ones and your due as well. Besides, this is the year I help get yours out! :happy0001:

BPBowhunter 08-21-2009 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer (Post 3415653)
I told Ben the other day that your a producer if you choose to be. I told him how you pass small ones and your due as well. Besides, this is the year I help get yours out! :happy0001:

Ya know Rob, I'm going to hold you to your offer. :happy0001: Wouldn't it be cool if Ben, you and I each scored and we could help each other out. That would be awesome. :)

Ben / PA 08-21-2009 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by BPBowhunter (Post 3415662)
Ya know Rob, I'm going to hold you to your offer. :happy0001: Wouldn't it be cool if Ben, you and I each scored and we could help each other out. That would be awesome. :)

I concur Brian, that would be awesome. I will PM you my cell so we can text and stuff in season. My plots are looking quite wonderful, I bumped a 85ish inch 8 in it a few days ago. I am putting in some late oats this week, but other than that stands are hung and trimmed. I will hopefully be slapping some smallies in the river late Saturday and Sunday morning. I don't know if Rob told ya or ya heard, but I am a dad as of 7 1/2 weeks ago too, so that is keeping me hopping. Hudson was along for wings and shooting last night at Rob's. He's just one of the boys now.:D

BPBowhunter 08-22-2009 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ben / PA (Post 3415689)
I concur Brian, that would be awesome. I will PM you my cell so we can text and stuff in season. My plots are looking quite wonderful, I bumped a 85ish inch 8 in it a few days ago. I am putting in some late oats this week, but other than that stands are hung and trimmed. I will hopefully be slapping some smallies in the river late Saturday and Sunday morning. I don't know if Rob told ya or ya heard, but I am a dad as of 7 1/2 weeks ago too, so that is keeping me hopping. Hudson was along for wings and shooting last night at Rob's. He's just one of the boys now.:D

Ben, congrats on the birth of your son, that's terrific. :happy0001: Believe me when I say enjoy every minute it goes really fast. My oldest will be a senior in high school this Fall, I'm wondering were the time went. Also thanks for the cell number, I appreciate it. Good luck with the smallies this weekend, they can be alot of fun enjoy.

Take care and keep in touch.

Scott/IL 08-22-2009 01:07 PM

BH 818, I was expecting to see your name under mine for a 3rd year.

Hopefully you have some better luck with that big 10 this year.

BPBowhunter 08-22-2009 02:53 PM

Hey guys we should try and come up with a team name and a team captian. I was a captain last year so I would like someone new to do it if that's ok. My nomination for team captain would be Ben / PA.

As for a team name, I'm still trying to come up with something. Anyone else got any ideas?

BOWHUNTER818 08-23-2009 11:30 AM

Yeah guys season starts SEPT 1st so im getting ready, but once the season starts i will keep you posted, the farmer that tends the beans and corn on our farm was cutting a couple acres of corn the other day and said he saw that big 10 point i was chaseing last year, ( he is a 12 ) this year as far as i can tell. Havent got any trail cam pics of him yet...but i hope to see him back on opening day!!..We still need a team name..and captin, So what you got im not good with the name thing's..so Spit some out

-NICK

BOWHUNTER818 08-23-2009 11:34 AM

I was team captin last year as well so if BEN/Pa wont do it i will but my vote it for BEN,

Team name's?????.. I like the "tape rulers",

Ben / PA 08-23-2009 03:20 PM

Lung Liberators???? I don't know. Anyone got anything?

BOWHUNTER818 08-23-2009 04:22 PM

Ben i think we have a winner with LUNG LIBERATORS...thats catchy and thats my vote... I LIKE

BPBowhunter 08-24-2009 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818 (Post 3417196)
Ben i think we have a winner with LUNG LIBERATORS...thats catchy and thats my vote... I LIKE

I like LUNG LIBERATORS as well. It gets my vote.

RuttNutt 08-24-2009 08:41 AM

LUNG LIBERATORS is fine by me. I went out this morning and checked out a new spot. I will have some pics of it up this afternoon. When the wife gets home, I am headed back out to hang a set!!!!!

Ben / PA 08-24-2009 02:52 PM

Already sent a pm to the avatar design department.

BPBowhunter 08-24-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ben / PA (Post 3418195)
Already sent a pm to the avatar design department.

Ben, did you contact are MIA people or would you like me to.

Also does anybody from our team know the people who have not checked in yet?

07tomkat 08-25-2009 02:58 AM

Hey Fellows,

Let's hear about your setups for this years hunts and some other information that you would like to share...

09 Bowtech Admiral 63#, 27"
Easton Epic 400 Arrows
TruGlo 3-pin Sights
TruFire Mossy Oak Buckle release
NAP Hellrazor BH

Been shooting about twice a week all summer. Been to about 10 3d shoots and am just about ready to shoot my broadheads here within a week or 2. This weekend I plan on finalizing my stand location and getting it hung. Besides that I am ready to roll

mj469 08-25-2009 11:54 AM

Well my setup is :
07 Matthews Drenalin 63#
Axis 400 with Blazer veins
2 blade Rage.

I haven't got to shoot much this summer but plan to start Sept. 1st a few nights a week until season starts. Where I'm from we can hunt mule deer which usually require some long shots so I definitely need to put in some time before I go out. If you've never had the chance to hunt mule deer, I would definitely recommend it. Spot and stalking in some canyons can be quite the workout, and a very good way to find how good you are at judging distances.
I've been trying to move my trail cams around a lot and need to get a few set up here in Iowa. I will post some pics in the next few days.

BOWHUNTER818 08-25-2009 04:17 PM

Im shooting a

08' Bowtech GENERAL RT HD Green 65# 29"
7" Octane stabalizer
Extreme Archery RT900
TrophyTaker Pronghorn
3 arrow Kwike Kwiver in HD green
CX terminator hunter
SKB case, Scott release

Ben / PA 08-25-2009 06:55 PM

First in my lineup this year will be the 09 Air Raid.
Fitted with Viper Predator MicroTune
Limb Driver
One Pc Octane
Victory V1 VForce Arrows

Check out the Avatar....let me know if it works.

BOWHUNTER818 08-25-2009 08:02 PM

SEND IT thats my vote!!!! Like it alot...

-NICK

RuttNutt 08-25-2009 08:55 PM

08 hoyt vantage x-7
60lb
28"
string splitter
sure-loc .019 3-pin sight
muzzy drop away
27"gold tip xt hunter shaft
100gr nap hellrazor bh
kwikee 3-arrow quiver
and one hell of a passion for bow huntin'!!!!

Ben / PA 08-26-2009 06:30 AM

Hey guys, if the avatar is cool, just right click it and save it to your cpu to upload for yourself. I will change the name in our thread. Also, sent pms to two out of three of our missing guys, the third doesn't appear to exist. I will pm Rob.

BOWHUNTER818 08-26-2009 09:48 AM

Ben i like the avatar and when i tried to change it , it keeps comeing back

"This JPEG image has the incorrect file extension."

Any ideas.LMK

5 days till im in the woods boys..!

-NICK

07tomkat 08-26-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818 (Post 3420460)
Ben i like the avatar and when i tried to change it , it keeps comeing back

"This JPEG image has the incorrect file extension."

Any ideas.LMK

5 days till im in the woods boys..!

-NICK

Right click on the avatar and save it onto your computer. Open that picture file from your computer and Save As again and click under the "Save As Type" pull down drop menu and click *GIF. Now try uploading this file.

This worked for me. I think when you right click and hit save as it saves it as a jpg and maybe huntingnet only allows *GIF I am not sure. Not much of a computer person here...