Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Hey stab; if you're still having problems with the pics, you could email them to me, and I'll get them up for ya. Feel free to send them over if you can't get them going. [email protected]
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Team.

Haven't been on that much but.... I'm off the next two weeks to hunt. I've seen my shooter now twice plus 2 others. The one I'm after I believe will push 140. Gorgeous!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

rob - good luck getting that buck. hope you get a crack at him.

i got another doe this morning. i'm officially done bow hunting for the year. it's been a good year, 6th in a row that i got 3 deer. i'm tagged out and so is the friend that i bow hunt w/. little bit of rifle hunting this weekend (with no intentions to actually shoot anything since my freezer is FULL). Then rifle hunting in wisconsin next weekend. then it's time to start thinking ice fishing.

so - good luck all. i'll stop in from time to time to see how the rest of your seasons went. good luck!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

STAB- sounds likethe planets were aligned for you great now lets see the pix.....TRY THIS.....
Down load pictures to site like Photobucket
Place curse over desired pix
Will give 4 choices below photo
Move curser to “DIRECT LINK”
Left click….then right click on blue portion …….and select “COPY”
Go to hunting net web page ( open separately ….easier if trying to paste more than one pix
Open page to reply, in tool bar there is a icon, yellow , has picture….scenery 5th from right ....click that
Will open small box / window click in text box…highlight what is there
Then CTRL + V (PASTE) OR RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT PASTE
THEN CLICK BOX THAT WILL ADD IT. SHOULD CLOSE SMALL BOX AND IT SHOULD APPEAR IN YOUR REPLY HIT ENTER KEY AND REPEAT TO ADD SECOND PIX.
i arrived in alberta yesterday will get lic. this am and hunt this evening. drive was long ... about 72 hrs slept in truck usually 4-5 hr stretch then back on the road then would need 2 hr nap after about 2-3 hrs driving and then would be good for the day. had one blizzard and 2-3 hr driving in 12" + snow on road just two track in snow saw 3 coyotes , one moose ( up close and nearly personnal) 4 groups of woods bison probably #50 total. they were very close to road if not on it... had to move into other lane for one. few deer, ? 50-60 mountain caribou 4-5 herds all in middle of road at tail end of blizzard going up the mountain road, major drop off and no guard rail.......i would slow as to not hit them then had to speed up to not delay or get run over by semi. when it was snowing hard and blowing had to stop twice and clean snow out of air filter....appearently new Ford p/u's have a design flaw?? after 10-15 minutes in front of heater i was back on the road.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for not posting sooner I've been having trouble with certain sites here at work but without further delay here is the scoop on my Fri, Oct 30 hunt:

Friday morning started out with quite a bit of frustration. There were 4 of us bowhunting that morning so there was a lot of planning and dropping off to get squared away. So when my buddy went to drop my son and I off I realized I had transferred everything from my vehicle to his, everything except my bow case that is. So we dropped my buddy off and went back to get my bow. Needless to say we got a little bit of a late start.

Compounding the problem was the fact that I really needed the time to get set up as the stand we were hunting was just a single and I had to get to it, climb it, and put my climber on the tree directly beside it. After a less than stealthy approach and an early morning work out getting the stands right and our gear pulled up and situated I wasn't exactly "feeling it" but I told Zachary we'll just sit tight and be quiet and let everything calm down. It was still dark in the woods with just barely enough light to shoot so our timing wasn't too bad(all things considered).

I had barely finished talking to Zack about letting things calm down when we heard something coming quickly. I couldnt see through the branches under my stand but I could see Zack looking straight down and behind us and then I saw her, a doe was coming right down our entry path and stopped right by the base of our tree. I sware I thought she was going to climb the ladder, but she flicks her tail and starts browsing out in front of us. She ended up just cruising away but I was excited about the early action.

So I get settled back in on the climber sitting on the front rail facing the tree. After a few minutes of quiet around 0700 I did some grunting and light rattling. I told Zack to sit tight and listen good. Within 5 minutes we heard something moving through the thicket to our left so I slowly stood up and got my bow in hand giving Zack a reminder to relax and don't move. When the deer hit the break line I could tell he had a decent sized body and as he got closer I could see it was a buck. He walked broadside right in front of Zack angling towards the front of our location. I stopped him at sixteen yards with the standard issue huning DVD "meeee" bleat. He politely stopped and posed almost broadside but slightly quartering to. The Grizz Trick was already on the way, I was about 24' up so it went in high and came out low passing through both lungs and some other important looking stuff on the way. He mule kicked and took off like he was shot out of a cannon. After a few seconds we heard him crash and we were PUMPED!

We stayed in the stand for another hour goofing off and texting and when we climbed down Zack found my arrow which had broken right in front of the fletchings and he found the start of the blood trail. He followed the blood trail with me behind him and he did a great job leading us right to the buck. All in all I think we were in the stand for about an hour and 45 minutes(that includes the sit after the shot) and I told him "don't get spoiled it rarely works out that good".

Anyway, a great weekend hunting. We ended up passing on two does that evening because I was beat and didn't want to do anymore dragging, skinning, etc and then Saturday morning we bp hunted. We saw some does and passed on a young buck with an antler that curled under his jaw. I was rewarded for passing by seeing a monster 10 cross my opening at 75 yards and I proceeded to blow the bark off of the tree behind him. MONSTER is an understatement, lets just say that all in all it was a GREAT weekend but the replay of that buck slipping away has not stopped playing in my mind and to be quite honest.... it stings........a lot.

Here he is, I'll score him as soon as I can but I am working 16 hour days this M-Wed so it might not be until Thursday p.m.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Great story and buck! Congrats to you both! I can’t wait for my son to get a little older.

We have 3 bucks down, that’s pretty good. then you count in robs 140” we’re doing great!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

NEW, CONGRATS great story nice deer.
no hunting for me today ...hoped to hunt evening but had a snafu getting hnter host lic and by time i located the spot for my climber and new spot for my double bull the day was nearly shot. will hunt blind tomorrow am and climber in pm.
BIL has two bucks coming thru yard regularly about the size of your deer.PROBABLY SHOULD HUNT FROM HIS DECK
Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

What a great story, AND what a fantastic memory you and Zach will share! Congrats on a nice buck! BTW.....can we get a name on you NEW? It's just wierd..."Hey NEW guy!" LMAO!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

well morning was hopeful saw 10-12 deer, one buck...150 yards away , a spike. had some Does at 15 yards.... can't shoot them. kicked a really big deer up heading back to truck....did not see any hardware thou.
later Pat
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

well last night did not see anything until too dark to shoot just as i was going to get out of stand . doe with twin fawns, one of the fawns was a piebald. this morning same spot. nothing will try it again in the morning and then move stand if no luck. hunting my double bull tonight where i saw all the deer from.
another bowhunter that is hunting same propwerity told land owner than deer #'s have been down but are starting to pick up, appearently a mtn. lion was in the area.

later Pat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.