Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, it's all in This Thread (CLICK ME). In the afternoons sit I saw 4 bucks, the biggest being a 7 point I photo'd and put in that thread.

She was a "rob doe". She was missing part of her front leg. Good one tag.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Fork Horn

WOW we were almost back on the 3rd page we cant have that! Lol..
Well guys ive been real busy haven't had time to get out into woods a whole lot lately but i will be out this weekend. Got the new property posted. Saw 20 couple deer while posting it I'll be going back down there next week to look for hunting spots and a try. Gd Luck All.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,

Normally I am on more and I will try to get back in the swing of things now that season is in. I bowhunted last Sat(our opener) and saw a couple of does and a couple dozen turkeys but all in all it was hot and the action was slow. I shotgun hunted with my son a couple of evenings in the county I live in(gun season comes in before bow here) and saw a doe the first sit and got skunked the second. I honestly haven't been really pumped until today, I get to hunt Friday p.m, all day Saturday, come back home to work a bar shift Sunday afternoon and night, then back to the woods Monday and Tuesday. The weather is supposed to be hot Fri (high 83) but start cooling off Sunday pm and the highs Mon/Tues are supposed to be about 15-20 degrees cooler with lows in the upper 40's so I'm pretty pumped about that. No big expectations even though I am confident in the stands I have hung, mainly just looking forward to getting to bowhunt a couple days in a row.

I'll keep you posted and good luck to you guys.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last 2 times I’ve hunted I’ve had deer come into the food plots just past legal shooting. Last night, as I was about to take the first step out of the tree I heard something coming. 3 deer ended up walking by within 10 yards of me. funny thing is, it was only 5 minutes past the end of legal shooting and I couldn’t tell if they were bucks or does. Only thing I could tell was the middle one was a fawn. My eyes are getting bad or something. Even at the end of legal shooting I would have had problems. need a layer of snow on the ground.

Anyway, I’m going to try to hunt both Saturday and Sunday mornings since that’s when most of my buck pics are coming. Good luck this weekend everyone!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Ok guys here is the new property. Any ideas where to start?

Dark Blue -property line
Light Blue -Creek
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)-property.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Nick Hull
Ok guys here is the new property. Any ideas where to start?

Dark Blue -property line
Light Blue -Creek

What's the white line?

I passed a 90ish 3.5 year old 8 at Rick James (Matt's) property yesterday morning. I had 5 bucks in and 2 well within range (10 yards). It's still early for me to shoot a buck like that with only 1 PA tag.

Keep at guys.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
What's the white line?

I passed a 90ish 3.5 year old 8 at Rick James (Matt's) property yesterday morning. I had 5 bucks in and 2 well within range (10 yards). It's still early for me to shoot a buck like that with only 1 PA tag.

Keep at guys.
White line is a road.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Snow is flying here in WMD! Thats when you know its getting close to the gd hunting! Gd Luck All!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Snowing here too. it’s snowed at least 3 times in the last week. Last Saturday we had about an inch on the ground. Seems like it’s rained or snowed just about every day for the last 3 weeks. Getting really old! I just want all the leaves to fall, my woods is so thick I can’t see deer unless they are right on top of me. once the leaves are gone it’s a whole new world!

Bumped 4 does on the way to my stand yesterday afternoon. I have pictures of them passing right by my stand. That would have been cool, especially since I’ve barely seen any deer this year.

Anybody seeing any bucks?
Old 10-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

well i'm back from my mexican cruise still not home...internet was 75 cents / minute on the cruise so i did not get on line. for over a week.
Nick my thoughts on the property set up keep in mind i'm not overly experienced in whitetail hunting or set ups.
i would think in that area of spotty evergreens between road and creek near trail coming off the field to the right.

Pat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.