Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Rackluster wow that's scarey, glad to hear you did not get hurt too bad.
two years ago in WI i changed trees when one i was in was making some aweful noise in the wind.....probably did not like my bulkiness in it, in the wind.
good luck on one of those bucks.
any trail cam pix?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you were not hurt to bad Rackluster, and good luck with the bucks.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

WHEW!! Sounds like it was a close one Rackluster glad you are ok. Dont get to discouraged its just the early season lull the big boys will show there self soon enough . Hunting usually does not start getting gd here until end of Oct -middle of Nov. Gd luck!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

yeah rackluster you got lucky if it left a bruise it has to be big enough at least knock you over if not put out cold hopefully you were wearing a safety harness good luck with those bucks though sometimes they just bury themselves for awhile
Old 09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was wearing a harness. luckily it didn't fall too far before hitting me. didn't have much speed built up. i heard it crack, looked and put my arms up. first thing i checked was my DXT even before i noticed the blood on my arm (just a scrape). priorities i guess.

i'll have to upload some pics. actually, i think the 9 point is in the picture i posted last week. it's right in the middle of the pictures. that buck is everywhere, whenver i've had this many pics of a buck i always end up seeing him at some point during the season. a guy can hope. i'll be out again tomorrow probably.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always try to get a doe in september. I think that makes 8 of the last nine years now, got a doe tonight. I spine shot her, not proud. 3 arrows, 2 of them broken. somehow i spine shot her but it passed through. looking at the entrance wound i would have thought it was too low to hit spine. never had that happen before. she fell right into 2 scrapes. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT????? the only 2 scrapes i've seen on my land too. sucks!!!

off to cabelas tomorrow to buy more arrows. that was an expensive deer!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job on the doe RL. I managed to break the seal on my Admiral tonight with a doe too. She had to be a late fawn last year based on her size, and she clearly didn't have any fawn herself this year. She'll be quite tasty! Rob! I'm still not on the score card for our team! It still says "alt...double poster" c'mon man...get with the program you SLACKER!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Does guys!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the does! Hopefully i can get one on the ground soon freezers gettin low.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

RS & RL GREAT GOING WITH GETTING THE DOES.
IN ALBERTA AS A NON RES. I CAN ONLY SHOOT A BUCK CAN GET TAGS FOR WT AND MULEY AND SHOOT 2 BUCKS. WILL ONLY HAVE TIME TO CHASE A WT.
EXPENSIVE DEER? NOT ABOUT PRICE PER POUND, MY LITTLE CARIBOU BULL ?? GAS FOR THE BOAT AND DIESEL FOR TRUCK WAS OVER A GRAND. SINCE MY FRIEND BAILED ON ME I DID NOT GET TO SPLIT IT. AFTER GETTING MY SON HOME AFTER HIS WRECK, THEN I DID NOT RETURN TO HUNT MY MOOSE PERMIT BECAUSE I WAS LOOKING AT $5-600 JUST FOR DIESEL FUEL. BESIDES MOOSE ARE TOO BIG FOR THIS OLD FAT MAN TO DEAL WITH BY HIMSELF.
CHANGED OUT MY ARROW REST TODAY TO A DROP AWAY. GOT THE TROPHY TAKER-EXTREME FC ANGLED SLOT- ( WANTED THE SHAKEY HUNTER BUT THEY WERE OUT) NEED TO DO FINISHING TOUCHES WHEN MY SON COMES OVER TONIGHT OR AFTER DAUGHTERS GET HOME FROM WORK.
I HAVE SOME FOB'S I MAY TRY

LATER PAT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.