Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

AFTER RETURNING FROM MY ANNUAL HAUL ROAD CARIBOU HUNT, EARLY BECAUSE MY SON AND FRIEND WERE INVOLVED IN A ROLL OVER ACCIDENT. I GOT AN INVITE TO ACCOMPANY MY SON , BETH (HIS GIRL FRIEND) AND GOOD FRIEND, MIKE ON A CARIBOU HILLS HORSEBACK MOOSE HUNT. I HAD 2-1/2 HRS TO PACK .
MY SON LEFT EARLY WITH THE PINZGAUER ( DRIVES SLOWER) AND I RODE WITH BETH TO THE TRAILHEAD AND MIKE HAD TAKEN THE FOUR HORSES ( NORWEIGN FIORDS) IN THE DAY BEFORE.

PINZGAUER WITH MOOSE RACKS FROM 2008 2 WITH BOW AND 2 WITH RIFLE
BETH & I WERE TO PICK UP THE 4TH SADDLE ALONG THE WAY. BUT MIKES BROTHER HAD ALREADY GOTTEN IT AND WAS NOT AVAILABLE. ABOUT ONE HOUR ON THE TRAIL AND WE WERE AT THERE CABIN (NEW SINCE THE FIRE). MIKE USED A PACK SADDLE WITH BLANKET ALSO HAD TO MAKE A BRIDLE.
CARRYING A COMPOUND BOW ON A HORSE THROUGH BRUSH IS A REAL CHALLENGE. MY BOW WOULD NOT FIT INTO THE COMMERICALLY MADE SCABBARD. I HAVE A PRIMOS BOW SLING AND IT WORKED PRETTY GOOD BUT I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT DAMAGING THE ARROW REST OR SIGHT.

PAT ON BOONE , A NORWIEGEN FIORD
I WAS BOWHUNTING AND BETH WAS USING A RIFLE , ROB AND MIKE WERE JUSRT CATERING TO US AND WILL BOWHUNT AFTER WE HEAD HOME.
FIRST MORNING SAW A BULL COUPLE MILES FROM CAMP . A “TWEENER” 32 INCHER ( NOT LEGAL TO SHOOT HAS TO HAS A SPIKE OR FORK ON ONE SIDE OR 50 " ANTLER SPREAD OR 3 BROW TINES ON ONE SIDE) . WAS WARM AND DRY CONDITIONS EVEN WITH SOME RAIN AND HAIL ONE DAY. THAT WAS THE ONLY BULL WE SAW IN 5 DAYS. SAW A NICE CHOCOLATE BROWN, BROWN BEAR. TWICE 2-3 DAYS APART IN SAME AREA ABOVE TREELINE. GUESSED HIM AT 8-1/2 FOOTER.@ A MILE OR MORE AWAY
I AM NOT A HORSEMAN AND ALWAYS AMAZED IN WHAT THEY CAN DO. LAST NIGHT WE CALLED OUT 4 COWS AND HAD 1-2 BULLS AND COW IN BRUSH. GOT DARK WE WERE 2-1/2 TO 3 MILES FROM CAMP. THESE GREAT STEEDS TRIP/ STUMPLE LESS IN THE DARK AND FOLLOW THE TRAIL WE TOOK COMING IN WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. TUSSUCKS, DEADFALL TREES AND BRUSH WITHOUT AN ISSUE, IT IS STILL UN-NERVING WHEN YOU CAN NOT SEE YOU ARE RUSHING THROUGH THE TREES. LIMBS ARE AN ISSUE BUT WE TRY TO SNAP THOSE OFF AS WE RIDE IN. I WAS VERY LUCKY TO GET THE BEST HORSE ,BOONE, BUT ALL WERE VERY GOOD. BUCKY LIVES UP TO HIS NAME OCCASIONALLY.

MT. REDOUBT-ROB AND BETH ON BUCKY AND BJORN
MY SON AND MIKE WILL BE UP,THERE FOR ANOTHER 5 DAYS.

FROSTY SUN RISE ON LAST MORNING WE HUNTED
NOW TO GO READ ALL POSTS
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ok caught up on my home work :-)

RATTLESNAKE WELCOME TO THE TEAM
ROB-thread on your antelope hunt will be my next reading.
Nick- my son is doing pretty good, still pretty stiff and sore when he first gets up then does pretty good with ibuprofen on board. able to shoot his bow but gets it sore... even with bad shoulder he can out shoot me as always. just thankful he was not killed in the accident. rolled 2-3 times appears to have hit passenger side on road surface then did sideways 180 and struck drivers side after 12-15 feet off road

had his bow in his lap it ended up 1/2 way out back window ( crew cab truck) all but one of his broadhead tipped arrows were out of his quiver. grill and head lamp only things not damaged. frame was bent.
hope to get out 2-3 days more for moose. then will just be waiting getting ready and practicing for NOV Alberta deer hunt.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome Pics! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

AK N, man your living the dream and thank you so much for sharing them with us. I have to get up there one of these years. Now with my pronghorn down, it's on to another species...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

ROB- hopefully you know the invite for black bear in spring is open you just need to plan in advance already have couple guys planning to go with me next spring. Caribou is also a possibility but that would probably not work out until at least 2011. i'm doing an alligator hunt Sept 2010 and thinking about trying for pronghorn since i will be down in "America".
I will be doing a caribou hunt but think that is filled up 1-2 friends from INDIANA. and a week with my son.
odd that i have these hunts available and had one friend bail on day we were leaving and i had to go alone for first 10 days , not as much fun or safe to do alone. plus real pain when the boat is stuck or broke.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Who do we contact about an avatar?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Nick Hull
Who do we contact about an avatar?

MGH does an awesome job if he would be so kind.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
MGH does an awesome job if he would be so kind.
Rob can you contact him to see if he would be so kind?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default son having bad luck and good luck....again

last night dusk...dark dusk they had a brown bear charge, he was in lead, his horse went ape shXt , saw movement into brush(AWAY FROM THEM) , dismounted, owner of horses dismounted, both pulled rifles out of scabbards and here it came
other guy shot it no body hurt and no injury to horses
i went in today and just got home with the hide and skull ? 7-1/2 BEAR they will turn it in next week put it in my freezer
HIS BOW HAS BEEN DAMAGED 3 TIMES IN LAST 3 WEEKS, sheep hunt-horse wreck, caribou hunt- truck wreck and today horse lay down
he has been able to fix and resight in each time
Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Went out again last night saw a real nice 8pt and a spike on the way in but the big boy didnt give me a shot. Those were the only two deer i saw going back out tonight to try again. Wish me luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.