Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 08-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Official Team 30

328. lil hammer
151. stabnslab_WI
alt Rattlesnake1
132. NEW61375
102. Nick Hull
119. Sliverflicker
1. Rob/ PA Bowyer
193. Doublelung55
308. RackLuster
20. AK NIMROD

Hey guys, glad to part of your team. You'll see that we have an alt spot already. 3 guys posted up twice so I had to add an alt to the list. We won't have any trouble filling it as we have alts signing up now.

So, welcome guys. Introduce yourself for those that may or may not know you.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 09-16-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default AK NIMROD checking in

GLAD TO BE PART OF THIS TEAM
I'M 60 YO STARTED BOWHUNTING IN PA IN MY TEENS. THEN AWAY FROM IT WHEN I WENT IN USAF FOR A WHILE TRIED TO GET BACK INTO IT IN NE IN MID 70'S . BUT 1980 RESTARTED AFTER BEING IN ALASKA 3 YEARS. BEEN SERIOUSLY HOOKED SINCE. HAVE ONLY ARROWED TWO WHITETAILS, SAME YEAR JAN. WINTER HUNT ANTLERLESS IN SD GOT ONE AND THEN IN FALL IN OK GOT 14 POINTER ( MAIN FRAME 10 ) SO HOPEFULLY I WILL BE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM.
HAVE TAKEN 3 MOOSE, 4 BLACK BEAR , 3 CARIBOU ?8-10 BLACKTAIL SITKA DEER ( NON RECENTLY), HAWAIAN SHEEP. WITH MY BOW AND 3 BLACK BEAR, 2 DALL SHEEP, 4-6 BLACKTAIL AND A GOAT WITH MY RIFLE ( LAST RIFLE HUNT WAS DALL EWE5 YEARS AGO . ALSO WHITETAIL IN PA WITH RIFLE AT AGE 15.
I WILL BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER FOR A MONTH ( IMAGINE THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE.) PLAN IS TO LEAVE ON THURSDAY (20TH), 2 DAY DRIVE NORTH THEN WILL HUNT CARIBOU TILL 8-12th CAN GET TWO AND TRYING TO SCORE MY FIRST P & Y ANIMAL. THEN 250 MILES SOUTH TO HUNT MOOSE FOR 7-10 DAYS.
WHITETAIL PLANS FOR THIS YEAR 5-6 DAYS PLANNED FOR HUNT IN ALBERTA IN EARLY NOV. HUNT ON PRIVATE LAND ( FARM ) WITH MY B-I-L. FARM IS LOCATED WERE AG LAND STARTS CHANGING TO FOREST. IF I DON'T SCORE I WILL TRY 1-2 MORE DAYS ON MY RETURN FROM DENVER. TRIP FROM AK TO DENVER ABOUT 5-1/2 DAYS EACH WAY. NOT AS MUCH TIME AS SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE BUT GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING A NICE BUCK.
I HUNT WITH BOTH RECURVE AND COMPOUND HAVE BEEN USING COMPOUND LAST 3 SEASONS HAVE BOWTECH GENERAL. SHOOT BLACK WIDOW WHEN TRADITIONAL.
I HAVE RAMBLED ENOUGH AGAIN GLAD TO BE ON YOUR TEAM .
PAT

Last edited by AK NIMROD; 08-18-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: SPELLING AND SPACING
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Rob

No fair... no fair !! Getting Sliverflicker on your team the year he moves back to Kansas.

Seriously... good luck this year to you and Sliverflicker. Look forward to seeing how your guy's seasons goes . Should be very interesting.

Tim
Old 08-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Hey just checkin in. I live in Md been hunting with a bow for about 20yrs. Still have not taken a real nice one but they are few and far between here i am going to go to Ohio some time in late oct or early Nov so maybe that will produce. But its nice to be on your'e guys team dont really know many of ya but look forward to talkin to ya.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sliverflicker Checking in, will be back later with a report!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey everyone, just checking in. I just had shoulder surgery last monday. How’d you suckers get stuck with me? our season starts one month from today 9/19. Doc tells me I’ll be ready to start shooting in a couple weeks. I hope so but I’m not so sure. As of this morning I can finally brush my teeth right handed – I have a long way to go!

I think this is my 13th year bow hunting. I’ve shot 15 deer so around here I still have rookie status

2 years ago I bought 40 acres that has a lot of deer but this is the first year I that I’ve got more then a couple pics of good bucks. I’m consistently getting pictures of 3 bucks I’d shoo, one is a beautiful 10 point. I’m really excited. At some point here I’ll post pics of this year’s prospects.

Should be a good year!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Season here in Md starts September 15th. When do some of you guy's seasons start? I know i cant wait!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice guys, welcome.

We still need the rest of the team to check in. I'm actually surprised, everyone kinda knew the teams should go up around the 15th.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Typical Buck

Rackluster- good luck on speedy recovery be sure to work at the PT as your doctor wants you to, that is hard and painful but will pay off in long run.
I have run into" ISSUES " SO I MAY BE DELAYED A DAY BEFORE I CAN START MY 2 DAY DRIVE.
i WILL CHECK BACK IN AS SOON AS I CAN BUT ONCE I'M GONE IT WILL BE ABOUIT A MONTH HOPE TO SEE US WELL INTO SCORE BOARD BY THEN.

GOOD NIGHT PAT
Old 08-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hello all,
NAte W checking in. My computer at the house is down so I only check in M-F during the day. But I'll squared away soon and I'll post a more detailed intro a little later today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.