HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Waterfowl Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-waterfowl-contest-98/)
-   -   team 4 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-waterfowl-contest/260929-team-4-a.html)

huntnteen 09-01-2008 11:03 PM

team 4

this is your official thread, get to know eachother:

TEAM 4
Slicendice
mongorunner
TeamFowlAssassins
Johnch

johnch 09-02-2008 06:28 PM

RE: team 4

Monday 4 of us limmited out with geese ( 3 ) in less than a hour , hunting a greened up wheat stubble feild

Tonight I got off work at 4:30and headed forour club marsh
Got there , signed in and started walking to a blind
Looked over and 2 geese were swiming down the canal next to the dike
I let them swim right up to me
Waited till I lined up both of their heads and got a double
Sent the dog to fetch them
Took them back to the barn and put them in the frig

Sat in the blind for the rest of the evening and didn't see or here another goose all

Walked out at quiting time and started talking to another hunter

2-300 geese land in the marsh

Oh well
Might be late for work in the AM , boss understands
Just have to put in 8+ and he will let me do it once in a while

John

slicendice 09-03-2008 09:32 AM

I got out Monday morning, but we obviously weren't on the X that day because we never saw a goose. We're in cut ag fields that are located directly between 2 golf courses. We rode by one of the golf courses and saw a couple hundred geese loafing on the greens. They'll get hungry eventually.

johnch 09-05-2008 08:16 PM

Tonight was just plain luck

I had told the neibor and his sons ,I would show them where to catch bass in a local overpass pond
Picked up my nephew so he could fish also

Got there a few min early and we saw 10 geese swiming in the pond

Called the neibor to seewhen he was showing up
He said just about to leave the house ... 10 min max
I told him to grab his shotgun

I knewwhat the geese would do when someone started fishing
They would just swim over to the far side and walk to the next pond

Told the neibors boys to wait till dad called them and then walk to the bank and make some noise
While my nephew , the neibor and I waited

Well the boys pushed the geese right to us

They tryed to take off , but we were ready

A few seconds later
9 geese on the ground

John

AR 34 eight point 09-05-2008 10:32 PM

Thats cool. I had about 3 doz land 60 yrds outside my deeks this morning. I tried to save a hunt in the blind and set up on the fence row. Didnt work...
Thats cool you hammered the geese.

huntnteen 09-06-2008 03:13 AM

sounds like a great day, i wish i had an eerly goose season

TeamFowlAssassins 09-08-2008 10:56 AM

Sorry I'm a bit behind here on the postings....Just been busy with work, hunting, and don't always have time or access to computer to post stuff.

Got 12 geese opening morn. with 4 of us. Went out Tues. as well and got 8 geese with 5 of us.

Went out friday morn and got 5 geese with 5 of us. Went out sat. morn and got 12 more geese with 5 of us.

So not a bad start so far but were still 15 or so short from last year. Theirs has been more hunters and less geese by us. It's been hard so far but when the corn comes down the duck & goose kill numbers will go way up! We don't hunt that much this time of year yet...

TeamFowlAssassins 09-09-2008 11:57 AM

Team #4 is going to dominate this year, I can feel it!!!!! A couple of the leases we have this year should produce BIG numbers mid to late Oct... Mostly ducks and some geese. We also have a southern IL trip planned, UP trip, Iowa trip, and also possibly ND again this year...

I'm trying to think of a good team name for us...I was thinking maybe either "SWAT NASTY" or "GOT FOWL"

johnch 09-13-2008 08:52 AM

Friday evening I went out with a freind to see if the BW teal were working the marsh

Everything looked perfict , as we bumped 50+ teal as we walked in
Started to rain , but we are tough duck hunters LOL

Put out the decoys and had several flocks come in
But they all wanted to land on the other side of the pot hole
So we walked over to the other side through 6" of water and 18" of muck

I let my freind shoot first on a couple of flocks
He got 3 and I scratched 1 before quiting time

Went out this AM and sat up on the far side like last night

At O dark 30 we heard geese drop in
Could not see them , but they made enough noise we knew they were there

At just shooting time a tresspasser walked down the dike and tryed to water swat the geese from 150 yds
The Fool then sat down in my perminant blind
As I hunt a privite marsh , I called the police and Game Warden and he got a free police car ride for trying to run from the police / warden

We went back out and I got a double on BW teal and 2 single geese came in that we took

I ended up with 2 teal and a goose for the AM

Hope to pick up a few this afternoon

John

TeamFowlAssassins 09-16-2008 04:30 PM

That sounds like a eventfull night John! Good thing you got rid of that guy, thats some BS!!! Shooting at geese that late and then also on the water! Well at least you got into some birds.

We ended up going out on Thurs. night and getting 2 geese, sat. morn 10 geese with 2 of us, 2 geese sun. morn, and 11 geese mon. night with 3 of us...So not a bad way to end up early goose season! I posted some pics under the contest pics if you guys want to ck them out. Had some ****ty rain so didnt get the camera out of all the hunts.