HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Waterfowl Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-waterfowl-contest-98/)
-   -   team 3 Locked Wing Warriors (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-waterfowl-contest/260928-team-3-locked-wing-warriors.html)

huntnteen 09-01-2008 11:03 PM

team 3 Locked Wing Warriors

this is your official thread, get to know eachother:

TEAM 3
RBduck
AR 34 eight point
wdog1
suckersticker

AR 34 eight point 09-02-2008 02:15 AM

RE: team 3

Welcome guys, I hope this turns out well (the contest). I divided all the states... so that we would be on teams in different parts of the country.... randomly put on teams. We have to watch out for the Team Fowl Asassins. They kill a boat load of birds in a season..

Little about me, I live in southern Michigan, This is my third year hunting waterfowl, I think I love it so much because I suck at it [>:]... I do bow hunt white tail and do well in that, so I spend a lot of time trying to kill birds.
I have a Irish Setter that I am training to hunt, she loves the water, points upland birds in the field, not a good retriever unless you are throwing a stick.. Owell she will get there.
I hunt fields and water, I have two farms and an airport that I have permission to hunt, I have 2 canoes, 12' boat and a never been hunted Hybrid duck boat I built over the summer. I have 50+ field deeks, shells and around 24 full bodies. dozen floating geese and a couple dozen floating ducks. Any way... I will save some for another post.

Keep up the posts and pic of your hunts, thats what will make this fun.
Open invite to team members that may be in MI for a hunt, your welcome to hunt any time.
Mark

rbduck 09-02-2008 03:07 PM

Hi guys, nice to meet the team. I`m the Canadian part of the team.I`ve been waterfowling for close to 45yrs. Shot my first duck(Mallard) when I was 10 years old. Hunt mostly on grain fields for geese. Have access to both private and public land. I use a 12ga. 870 or a 10ga. Built a new duckboat this summer so I hope test that out soon also.
My season opened on the 1st Sept. for youth and Sandhill cranes.(couldn`t make it). Our regular season opens on the 8th and I hope to make it out then. Season ends at theend of November but no self respecting waterfowl will be left by then as it will be will be around -30 or so.
So, best of luck to all team members and don`t forget about a name.

Ron:D

suckersticker 09-02-2008 07:16 PM

Hey everyone. I am from Illinois. I hunt over water, but mostly corn. I hunt public and private land and i am getting my feet wet with hunting the river this year. So hopefully all goes well. I hunt a lot it is all that i really like to do. I shoot everything with my benelli sbeII in 12 gauge. If there is anything ya wanna know just ask. And if your ever in my part of the country let me know and wee will get together.

suckersticker 09-02-2008 07:22 PM

so wuts our team name gonna be? any ideas

rbduck 09-02-2008 08:02 PM

Team CanAm?

Ron:D

wdog1 09-02-2008 08:36 PM

Hey guys im reppen wisconsin......been hunting since I could walk been scouting all summer and its payen off Ill be able to bring us a lot of goose kills but the ducks are hit or miss ever up here hit me up and we can get at em....

Mike

suckersticker 09-03-2008 07:32 AM

I should be able to get quite a few duck kills cause i have permission to a new spot that they pour into once they start gettin down here. But for now i am focused on early goose and teal.

AR 34 eight point 09-03-2008 11:15 PM

We need a team name!! throw them out there guys.

wdog1 09-04-2008 10:52 AM

"pop em"

caus you drop em cause we pop em like Orville Redenbacher