HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 3? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/245465-week-3-a.html)

jbowersox 05-09-2008 07:43 AM

Week 3?

It's dead in here...No scores, no Rick James? Anyhow, shot my round this morning. Worst yet. 145, 12x. Got a new sight this week, I'll blame it on that. Smaller pin sizes messed with my head. I knew this was coming eventually as well...

Gundeck 05-09-2008 11:27 AM

RE: Week 3?

Ouch. That can put a hurt on the hunting budget. Nice shooting, though.

brucelanthier 05-09-2008 01:14 PM

LOL That is why I started using nock bushings. Good shooting.

Canuck_2 05-09-2008 11:45 PM

That pretty much puts paid to that arrow.:)

Looks like lots of guys are finding it tough to fit in some shooting time. I guess there's an advantage to being retired, although it sometimes seems like I have more to do than when I was working. But I can always ignore my other duties long enough to shoot.;)

jbowersox 05-10-2008 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Canuck_2

That pretty much puts paid to that arrow.:)

Looks like lots of guys are finding it tough to fit in some shooting time. I guess there's an advantage to being retired, although it sometimes seems like I have more to do than when I was working. But I can always ignore my other duties long enough to shoot.;)
Yeah, I think there are quite a few guys who signed up who aren't shooting. It would be fun to have 25 or so of us shooting in these, but I understand the time thing. I'm sure as summer gets closer guys will find time to shoot and be ready for season. I have the luxury of working long hours and then getting long hours off so it makes it pretty easy for me. Right now, I look forward to shooting in this every week.

brucelanthier 05-10-2008 03:03 PM

This week it was tough to find shooting time for me. My sister was in and out of the hospital, the chicks were hatching and it was raining most of the time. Anyway, not much practice this week but I got my scores in today.

I was doing OK until I shot the first 40. My first arrow was out of the 3 ring!!:eek::eek:. I assume that arrow counted as 0. The next arrow was in the 4 ring but on the other side of the target LOL. I finally calmed down and put 3 in the X :eek:. I think this was my best week X wise but worst week score wise and, since we are keeping score I wish it were reversed LOL. Oh well, I do enjoy this and I have found out how to get myself to re-focus faster and make better shots after a wildassed shot.

oldvt.bowhunter 05-11-2008 10:27 AM

I actually felt like I shot better than score shows. I really just hunt, and I can say this is more shooting than I have ever done this time of the year. I can tell the archery muscles still need conditioning! I am really enjoying shooting the Katera and will continue to shot more even after the contest.

hmthtrfan 05-11-2008 06:54 PM

What a pretty day to shoot, hope this weekend is as good, got a hog hunt....

jbowersox 05-11-2008 09:03 PM

No more scores?

Sliverflicker 05-11-2008 10:08 PM

Sorry guys, I had a score to post and did not get back in time from fly fishing to post it. We were supposed to have some bad weather this afternoon and it cleared off and the Hendricksons spun, was running up and down the river trying to find a big brown to cast to and forgot about the time.
I am out, good shooting.