HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 2 Scores and Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/244612-week-2-scores-discussion.html)

MO_Bowhnter 05-01-2008 02:33 PM

Week 2 Scores and Discussion

Well I shot a 138 - 8X. Interesting my rounds went 24 23 22 22 23 24 and I shot in this order...20 30 40 40 30 20.

I could definately notice that my misses were fine left and right but I was dropping my bow arm on the longer shots and I started wearing out the target right below the 5 ring. Definately need to do some more shooting to get into better condition.

Fun round to shoot no doubt.

jbowersox 05-02-2008 08:12 AM

RE: Week 2 Scores and Discussion

Again, sorry about how my score is formatted. I could put 8000 spaces between them and it would still shrink it down. I don't know why it's doing that. Even if I quoted it, it still does it.

brucelanthier 05-03-2008 11:22 AM

I started out fine but I think I lost concentration on the 30yd ends. So I really focused on the first 40 yd end and did great. Then the first shot on the next 40yd end went "wild", I rushed it, and then I got flustered LOL:eek:. I made myself slow down and really focus on the last arrow and that one accounts for the lone 5 (X) score in that end. Funny how you can psyche yourself out with just one "wild" shot [:o]:D.

So far, so good with this "league". Really has me getting focused more on quality and form even outside of "official" shooting.

jbowersox 05-03-2008 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I started out fine but I think I lost concentration on the 30yd ends. So I really focused on the first 40 yd end and did great. Then the first shot on the next 40yd end went "wild", I rushed it, and then I got flustered LOL:eek:. I made myself slow down and really focus on the last arrow and that one accounts for the lone 5 (X) score in that end. Funny how you can psyche yourself out with just one "wild" shot [:o] :D .

So far, so good with this "league". Really has me getting focused more on quality and form even outside of "official" shooting.
I know what you are saying. So much of this about confidence, and one shot messes with my head as well.

jbowersox 05-03-2008 05:08 PM

I tell you what guys. I've said it before, I've never shot in a league or done anything like we are doing. I've been having a real good time and frankly I'm shocked how well I'm shooting in this league. So tonight I went to my local Gander Mountain and shot a round of 5 spot. That is a totally different world than what we are doing in this league. 5 spot messes with my head. I shot a 288-27x. I'm not for sure if I'm happy or angry about that. About 45 shots in, I was struggling to focus and shot a few bad ones. I'll give it a shot again next week and see if we can improve that. Anyhow, this league has been fun. It's a good format. I like the variety. It is hard on the arrows and the target but I like the distances.

hmthtrfan 05-04-2008 07:08 PM

What a great day to shoot!!!! I shot a good round, great weather, just wish I would have dropped a turkey today, but this made up for it.

Sliverflicker 05-04-2008 08:19 PM

A big fat 0 for me this week, between the high winds, rain, tying flies for people that wait till the last minute to order them, and a walk in guide job today, I just could not get a score in. I will get er done this week.

oldvt.bowhunter 05-05-2008 09:03 AM

Well, I felt like I shot better this week although score
didn't change much. Alot of the fours were much closer to
fives and overall shots were tighter. I did have a bit of a handicap
though, as while I was shooting I was tweaking the sights on my
brand new Katera!! I always liked my Switchback, but I am already
in love with the Katera. I am really enjoying this contest, as I am shooting
more often and at longer ranges. I do feel more confident at longer shots and
I feelthis is helping me pay more attention to my form.

oldvt.bowhunter 05-05-2008 09:13 AM

Heres a pic of the new bow!!

jbowersox 05-05-2008 09:16 AM

Nice bow. If I weren't a Diamond guy, Hoyt would be up there. I liked how they felt and I think they are bad looking bow.