HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Longer distance/outdoor League? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/241527-longer-distance-outdoor-league.html)

Rick James 04-09-2008 06:57 AM

Longer distance/outdoor League?

Does anyone have interest in an outdoor league at longer distances? I'm thinking a game that will have 30 arrows that would be ideal for us toshoot with our 3D setups (since most are higher poundage), and also be quick enough that we should be able to shoot it in half an hour to 45 minutes. Maybe different distances for each class so that HC and Open class 3D setups can be used without adding new pins for the HC guys, yet still keep it challenging for the open class folks.

I'd like to see3 different distances shot per round. My thoughts are that hunter class would shoot 10 arrows (2x seperate 5 arrow ends) at each distance of 20, 30, and35 yards. Open class would shoot 10 arrows (2x seperate 5 arrow ends) at each distance of 30, 40, 50 yards.

I'm thinking of using the 50cm NFAA Hunter Face target, and scoring as 5x/5/4/3/0. To give you guys an idea of how big this is, the white spot is just a hair under 4" in diameter. We will record X's to break ties. These targets can be purchased from Lancaster Archery online for about .75 cents per target.

So what do you guys think? If we see enough interest I'll start a sign up thread. And yes, if we can get this going I'll be shooting in this one.

Any suggestions guys?

MGH_PA 04-09-2008 07:12 AM

RE: Longer distance/outdoor League?

I would be interested. When would it start?

brucelanthier 04-09-2008 07:47 AM

I have never shot in any league and I am not sure if I want too but Ilike the idea of shooting at distance and may give a league a try for that reason. With that said I would prefer longer distances for shooting. I only have hunting bows and the one I am currently using is setup for groundhogs and I have been shooting mostly 35,45,55 yards with it. I have started shooting at 65 to practice stacking (I believe that is what its called) my pins. If I were to shoot in a long distance league I think it would be more fun (for me) to be shooting at ranges like 25,35,45 or better.

Gundeck 04-09-2008 07:57 AM

Count me in. You always need an anchor man! LOL!

Western Md Bowman 04-09-2008 08:38 AM

I'm in never shot those hunter targets, have shot the nfaa field target once or twice sounds like fun to me I need a week to purchase the4 targets.

Western Md Bowman 04-09-2008 08:40 AM

How many weeks

MO_Bowhnter 04-09-2008 08:50 AM

I would ahve trouble fitting that babay on my block and all of our outdoor ranges around here are closed to due flooding.[&o]

What would be the dates of the league?

Rick James 04-09-2008 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

I would ahve trouble fitting that babay on my block and all of our outdoor ranges around here are closed to due flooding.[&o]

What would be the dates of the league?
I think it would fit, the white spot is only 4". You may lose part of the 3 ring, but you don't need that anyhow.......[8D]

I don't know about start time, how about in 2 weeks? Maybe a 6 week league?

MO_Bowhnter 04-09-2008 09:00 AM

LOL true I don't need the whole target anyway...righhhht:D. Ok I'm in except I can't play until after turkey season. Got way to much going on.

Sliverflicker 04-09-2008 09:07 AM

Count me in, I will need to get some smaller diameter arrows for outdoors.