HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 1 discussion thread.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/236615-week-1-discussion-thread.html)

buckeye 03-09-2008 06:37 PM

Week 1 discussion thread....

Sure is lonely in the score thread :D

When are you guys going to get your rounds in? Shot mine today after a bad start to a 3d I wasnt able to complete due to a broke release [:@]

RuttNutt 03-09-2008 06:52 PM

RE: Week 1 discussion thread....

I got league tomarrow night. Been doin alot of shooting but havent topped 48x yet. Hopefully tomarrow I can get it together..:(

sbooy42 03-09-2008 08:28 PM

I will be shooting for score on Wed night... I went and shot tonight but I was trying out a Back tension for the first time so I didn't think it was a good idea to shoot for ascore:D

OH yeah I like the BT

BTW nice shoot'n buckeye

mobow 03-10-2008 05:16 AM

I'm hoping to get my round in wednesday evening. I've been sicker than a dog for 2 weeks now, and my shop owner has pnuemonia, been closed for a week so we'll see.....That's the goal for now anyway. I'm still not feeling very well, but if we're open I'll most likely get it in then.

gzg38b 03-10-2008 12:46 PM

I shot a 299 - 38X. I've never been able to shoot a 300. I've had lots of 297's and a few 298's but I always drop one or two for some reason.

This time, it was my 31st arrow. I jinxed myself by talking to the guy next to me. I said "Halfway to 300" and sure enough the next arrow was high in the 4 ring.... :eek:

whitetailbowhunter 03-10-2008 07:12 PM

I will either shoot my round wednesday depending on the weather and if not then it will be thursday at the range.

Rick James 03-10-2008 07:44 PM

Good shooting Sliver.........

I'm hoping to get the correct DL mods here by weeks end, and maybe next week I'll get a chance to shoot a game with my 3D rig.

Sliverflicker 03-10-2008 08:55 PM

Good shooting Buckeye.

Hope you get to feeling better mobow, I had that bad strain of Flu a few years ago and was bedridden for 2 weeks, was seeing the big white Buffalo and all that crap.

G relax! Stopbanging your head on that block wall, that 300 is right around the corner.
RuttNutt, give me a Hug you hate it when I do that in front of these guy's don't ya .

I have been aiming at a stinking 5 spot target for weeks now without ever releasing an arrow because my oldblack holeis to shot out to shoot in the house. So Saturday I callVan's Pro Shop and indoor range (hour and a half away) thatwe usualymake a few tripsto in the winter to see when I can get in to shoot and Lyle tells me their giong on vacation till next wednesday so it would be not this, but next friday befor I could get in there to shoot .
So yesterday I found me a box and filled it full of those nylon feed bags, taped it to my target,ratcheted it to an old end table and gave it a few test shots in the yard, it's ugly but works perfect!
I shot a 300 60X in the house last night after the wife went to work, 13 yards is all I can get from the front door, through the kitchen door, through the utilty room door, to the back door, but at least I got to shoot!
When it hit 30 today I carried all my crap out to my outdoor range and started to shoot my score, but the cold wind was killing me with just a sweatshirt on, droped 5X's in 5 rounds,so I moved my stuff to the driveway beside the house out of the wind.
Think I will wait till next friday to shoot another score where I can be indoors. I'll see whats worse, the cold wind, or someone jabbing me in thea$$ with their 34 1/2" 2712's while I'm trying to shoot.
Oh one more thing, if I had been using my old 2013's instead of these 2512's, I figure I would have had 6X's less.

Thats my report!

RuttNutt 03-10-2008 10:08 PM

Well, dont have much to say except for I know I can do better!!!!:(
I got rid of my tru ball back tension so I could get this just cuz and I think it was a mistake. I just cant get comfortable with it. I am getting a stan mag micro medium. One of the guys at the range had one and let me shoot it. It was the smoothest BT I have ever used. Caint wait to get it!! Looks like everyone is doin pretty good though. Should be a good four weeks of fun boys!!!!!! That's some good shootin' there pops.Maybe I can hang next week??????? And buckeye, that great shooting as well!! And if you whoop me in this, I am used to it.....I shoot with a guy in league that smokes me Bhfs every week. The kid is sick!!!! he shoots 55-57x/game.
"gitderdun son"

And pops, quit it with the damn hugs thing.......geeeesh.........

Canuck_2 03-11-2008 12:02 AM

Some nice shooting going on - way to go, gang.

As per our 'relaxed rules' ;), I shot half a round tonight and will do the other half on Wednesday. So far, 150-19x.

gzg38b, I will be watching out for arrow #31.