HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   5 spot goals? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/234510-5-spot-goals.html)

buckeye 02-25-2008 05:21 PM

5 spot goals?

What is your goal for this coming 5 spot league?

What equipment will you be shooting?

What would you like to accomplish, if anything via this league?

Rick James 02-25-2008 05:25 PM

RE: 5 spot goals?

I'd like to shoot a 20 yard game with the same execution and rhythm/timing I'm shooting at 10 yards. [8D];)

My 10 yard scores suggest that I should be shooting much better at 20, but it appears that I've got a loose nut between my ears. Good thing is that if I can submit some 5 spot scores, I'll be shooting them alone and not on a line of 13 other guys. I haven't shot a 20 yard game of anything without a line of other guys for months now and I'm curious to see how I'd shoot without the added pressure.

Washington Hunter 02-25-2008 06:16 PM

Uh... Erm...

Count... better. [&:]

Rick James 02-25-2008 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Uh... Erm...

heh........now thats funny right there. Glad you can laugh at that Dan. [8D]

gzg38b 02-25-2008 06:34 PM

Just to get better every week. That's all I can hope for, really.I compete with myself in these leaguesmore than anything else.

From technical standpoint, I want to make shooting with back tension "automatic". I'm not talking about using a BT release, I'm talking about using my big muscles to squeeze off the shot. Right now, I have to force myself to shoot that way. I want it to become ingrained in my subconsience so that I don't have to think about it. I want it to be automatic. Every so often I still fight the urge to hammer the trigger.

Matt/TN 02-25-2008 06:36 PM

My goal is to be 55x+

I SHOULD average 50-54x's per round. Assuming I am able to shoot enough, and find time in between 3d.

Washington Hunter 02-25-2008 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Uh... Erm...

heh........now thats funny right there. Glad you can laugh at that Dan. [8D]
Shoot, if you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at? :D

Its all good, I know I can't count! I failed Algebra three out of four years in highschool. ;)

buckeye 02-25-2008 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

My goal is to be 55x+

I SHOULD average 50-54x's per round. Assuming I am able to shoot enough, and find time in between 3d.
You better or you will get beat by a HC setup [8D];)

buckeye 02-25-2008 06:53 PM

To answer my own questions....

My goal is 200X's over the 4 week league, so averaging 50X+ is one of my goals. Another goal is to keep my target face clean of any holes outside the white scoring rings :D;)

I will be shooting my 3D HC setup.

I would like to become more familiar with my 82nd's characterisitcs during this league.

whitetailbowhunter 02-25-2008 07:46 PM

I would like to be able to keap all my shots within the white!:D
I will be shooting my Marquis and hopefully by the end of the league i will have new sights.. and maybe some new arrows.