Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

5 spot goals?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5 spot goals?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I guess I'd like to see how close I could get to a 300 game.

Seriously Jeff, your at the point where you need to restructure how your looking at things when it comes to this archery stuff. I've gotta send you that other book I wasn't able to find when I sent you the last one that focuses on the mental stuff "With Winning in Mind". Your ready for it now I think.

You gotta learn to restructure that thought process. Now repeat after me.........[8D].

"I know I'm a 300 shooter, I guess I'd like to see how many clean games I can string together in a row".

In all honesty there is no reason why you can't shoot more 300 games at this point than 299's or lower. Your a 300 shooter.

Edit - When I said your a 300 shooter, you already possess the skills to do it. You just need to improve your self image so that your head will allow you to do it. You need to see it, know it, believe it. The statement you made above just indicates where your head really is at this point. You can't get there if your self image won't allow you.........just as in golf if your uncomfortable with a stellar performance you will often times subconsciously pull yourself back into that comfort zone. The 10 yard games really help with this, just to help you realize it and improve that self image, but in all honesty......your raw skills today are capable of shooting that 5 spot 300 right now. *end rant* Now just go out and do it.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

My goal for the five spot leagues is to smoke ass on all you bowtech shooters!!!
"smoke ass"?????

I suppose......whatever floats your boat.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I actually have no idea of what I shot last year. I guess I'd like to see how close I could get to a 300 game.

Ok then, how about?????????" I am going to kick your bowtech ass"

Old 03-05-2008, 03:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Matt:

Ya know...I honestly have NO IDEA of what my scores were from last year's 5 spot league. I know I'm a better shooter.....but I don't know (honestly) what to expect. I'm gonna shoot a game soon and go from there. But....I REALLY have no idea of what a 300 game is. I've shot 3-4 5 spot games in my life.

RuttNutt....you're funny. Makes you feel good to beat a guy that's been shooting at paper what.....2 months??......shooting a hunting setup......have at it! I think Scott (Buckeye) is shootin' a Bowtech, too. And....we saw how that worked out for ya, last time[8D]
Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok I'm in..My goals I dunno.. I can Relate to RJ's comments I got to much baggage in my brain!

The 10 yard stuff is ok..and seems to help to a point. My last 10 yard vegas game was a 600 with 37X. But it's not translating into better 20 yard scores. More X's yes but still to many flyers. (didn't help that last night I went 7 x's in the lower right target #3 (my 1st shot per end)on my first 7 ends. Then I lost a tip in the giant bale. Switched to a back up arrow, apparently hit the tip in the bale with the 8th X and lost that tip too..Now I'm shooting my 4th and 5th best arrow. Mentally lost the edge and fell off quickly.)

I need an off switch for my brain..instead of everything being odds (Poker player) I need to treat every arrow as a seperate event!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Matt:

Ya know...I honestly have NO IDEA of what my scores were from last year's 5 spot league. I know I'm a better shooter.....but I don't know (honestly) what to expect. I'm gonna shoot a game soon and go from there. But....I REALLY have no idea of what a 300 game is. I've shot 3-4 5 spot games in my life.

RuttNutt....you're funny. Makes you feel good to beat a guy that's been shooting at paper what.....2 months??......shooting a hunting setup......have at it! I think Scott (Buckeye) is shootin' a Bowtech, too. And....we saw how that worked out for ya, last time[8D]
Ok how's this. the vegas league was only my second year shooting right handed!!!! I am left handed there buddy.
I think I did pretty good shooting a right handed bow....
So now I am shooting left handed, with a bowhunter setup.... I gurantee you I will be shooting mid 50x's ......So ya, I know I can hang with ol' buckeye just fine,,,,,,thanks............
Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's some advice for smack talk guy (rottonnut), Less Blinging and more Dinging
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RuttNutt

Matt:

Ok how's this. the vegas league was only my second year shooting right handed!!!! I am left handed there buddy.
I think I did pretty good shooting a right handed bow....
So now I am shooting left handed, with a bowhunter setup.... I gurantee you I will be shooting mid 50x's ......So ya, I know I can hang with ol' buckeye just fine,,,,,,thanks............
So you're ambidextrious huh..you can patyourself on the back with either hand!

I now have little doubt you'll be at ornear the top on this internet league
Old 03-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Not braggin' .....just fact..... I want no back pats and the only time I give myself one is after I show the old lady wassup!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I think I just heard a guaranteed win ala Broadway Joe!

Ought to be interesting! Tell him what he'll win, RJ!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

I think I just heard a guaranteed win ala Broadway Joe!

Ought to be interesting! Tell him what he'll win, RJ!
What are you trying to say??????????

Quick Reply: 5 spot goals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.