HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 6 Standings and Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/233213-week-6-standings-discussion.html)

Rick James 02-18-2008 05:00 PM

Week 6 Standings and Discussion

Please PM any corrections to me.............

So who's going to finish this thing outstrong? Once the final scores are turned in this week and everyones lowest is dropped, we will see these numbers rearrange drastically. There are quite a few peer groups in here that are really close to each other...........

Will that scurvy buckeye pull out a win? Will ruttnutt pull of a fantastic week and pull into the lead? What about GMMAT and jmbuckhunter, those two are neck and neck!

However this turns out guys, I want to congratulate each and every one of you.

GMMAT 02-18-2008 06:56 PM

RE: Week 6 Standings and Discussion

I hate to say it.....but with my arm feeling the way it does......I guess I'll watch JM's score and see if I need to shoot or not.:)

Scott SMOKED us. Period. Great shooting Buckeye.

I had a blast.....learned a lot about my own shooting. Heck I didn't even know how to keep score when I started.

Thanks Matt.

(and JM......I hope you shoot a 450;))

jmbuckhunter 02-18-2008 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I hate to say it.....but with my arm feeling the way it does......I guess I'll watch JM's score and see if I need to shoot or not.:)

(and JM......I hope you shoot a 450;))
Well I hope I can at least force you shoot this week.;)

Maybe I'll post my score Sunday after we get back home from the IL Deer Classic.:D

Actually I'll probably shoot tomorrow or Wednesday. That will give you plenty of time.

mobow 02-18-2008 08:16 PM

Well gzg.......I'm throwin in the towel, I can't catch ya. Yer gonna have to have a TERRIBLE week for me to catch up.....I didn't start out very strong or I would have been closer.....oh well.....that's the way the scores fall.

RuttNutt 02-18-2008 11:12 PM

I think me taking first away from RJ is a pipe dream. I would have to do some soul sertchin'!!!!!! One thing is for sure though, I have had alot of fun shootin' this league with you guys and I know I am a better shot on the vegas face now. I was so intimidated by this target when we started, Now it's like no big deal, It just works for me.... How does a posi rear work in a 69 plymouth? I dont know, it just does!!!!!!!!!!
"joe dirtay"

gzg38b 02-19-2008 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well gzg.......I'm throwin in the towel, I can't catch ya. Yer gonna have to have a TERRIBLE week for me to catch up.....I didn't start out very strong or I would have been closer.....oh well.....that's the way the scores fall.

You can still pass my Total X Count if you shoot 22X's this week. If you can shoot 22X's this week, I'll change my Avatar to "Mobow Owns Me"
for the next month. ;)

Gundeck 02-19-2008 06:18 AM

Hehe. The funny thing is that it looks like I did great. That is only because I have turned in a score every week so far. I hate to see when he drops the one week for everyone. Talk about a freefall! I will fall like a greased, tapered safe! Good luck to all. Looks like it will be an interesting battle in the final week.

mobow 02-19-2008 06:22 AM

Uh, no pressure there or anything.....:D I'll see what I can do...I'm capable, but I think you got it.....;)

Man, I just did some playing w/ the numbers, and this thing is CLOSE. Buckeye has a solid hold of the top spot for the bowhunter class, but GMMAT and jmbuckhunter are in a dead heat. After dropping the lowest scores, they are TIED w/ 2165 points, with the edge going to GMMAT with 5 more X's....

Rick James and ruttnutt are only 6 points apart, and for the overall lead, Rick James is a mere 4 points behind buckeye.....gzg38b has a solid hold of the #4 spot, but gr8atta2d is hot on my heals to finish in the top 5.....

GMMAT 02-19-2008 06:26 AM

Just to keep things up and up.......I'm gonna go ahead and shoot my round, today. That way......YOU will know what you gotta shoot, John. I'll shoot during lunch, today....and post it up later.

Good luck!

GR8atta2d 02-19-2008 07:52 AM

It's been a gas..guys. I thought this was 8 weeks..too late for a comeback lol. I'll finish somewhere in the middle of the pack. But I'm improving. I wish I'd have started the 10 yard drills sooner. Shooting once a week is tough. I learned a lot about practicing with a purpose,thanks for that guys.

I feel next year I can battle for the top spot. Oh and if this long range league comes together..I may be a sleeper ;) Love lobbing them in there!

GMMAT 02-19-2008 10:51 AM

Well there ya go, John.....Not out of reach by ANY stretch. Hope you nail it, this week;)

mobow 02-19-2008 11:30 AM

Good round, Jeff! Not too shabby at all! Put some pressure on him, that's for sure...

Come on now big John.....You can smoke that.....all's you gotta shoot is a 431.....X count doesn't matter, unless you shoot a 430...LOL......come on now....we're watching....

GMMAT 02-19-2008 11:36 AM

Way I figure it.....he needs to shoot 435 to beat me (finish 2nd). 434 to tie.....and go to x counts.

I could be wrong.

mobow 02-19-2008 11:40 AM

I could be wrong as well.....When I looked at it this morning, after each lowest score was dropped.....you 2 were dead even.....Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though.....Hey, John....just shoot a 440 and we won't have to worry about it! :D:D

GMMAT 02-19-2008 11:45 AM

Jeff total now = 2596 - 427 = 2169 + 430 = 2599

John total now = 2593 - 428 = 2165 + (435) = 2600

GR8atta2d 02-19-2008 11:52 AM

So if I can shoot another 430+ I can eek you out at least the last 2 weeks. Thats good enough for me.

GMMAT 02-19-2008 11:56 AM

So if I can shoot another 430+ I can eek you out at least the last 2 weeks. Thats good enough for me.
Who? Mobow? What knida acomplishment is that?[8D]

JK......shoot well;)

GR8atta2d 02-19-2008 11:59 AM

It means my old clunker beat your new Ferrari... twice

mobow 02-19-2008 12:01 PM

Who? Mobow? What knida acomplishment is that?[8D]

JK......shoot well;)
Well, not much probably....but, it don't matter, cause he ain't gonna beat me anyway....:D

I don't have my numbers from this morning anymore, but suffice it to say, you and John are running neck and neck....;)

GMMAT 02-19-2008 12:01 PM

It means my old clunker beat your new Ferrari... twice
Yeah but my old clunker beat your old clunker EVERY time :D

GMMAT 02-19-2008 12:02 PM

Mobo...THE numbers are on page 1;)

GR8atta2d 02-19-2008 12:06 PM

Well, not much probably....but, it don't matter, cause he ain't gonna beat me anyway....:D

Oh yeah?? Oh it's on now!! Then I can say I beat someone on the Hoyt National Shooting Staff.. :eek:

;)

GR8atta2d 02-19-2008 12:10 PM

I'm down 3 points and 2 X's I shoot tonight!

GMMAT 02-19-2008 12:10 PM

Then I can say I beat someone on the Hoyt National Shooting Staff..
Yawn......[8D]

:D

mobow 02-19-2008 12:58 PM

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong now!! I may shoot tonight as well bro.....Good luck....

GMMAT 02-19-2008 01:00 PM

I dunno GR8......Looks like you have to shoot better than 421 or he only needs to shoot 419.

My $$ are on the staffer from ......hell I dunno....some state out west.:D

mobow 02-19-2008 01:27 PM

I'm confused......It looks to me like if he shoots 4 points better than I do, and his score is over a 421, he will beat me.......Ahhh hell, I dunno.....I'm just gonna go shoot....:D

GMMAT 02-19-2008 01:52 PM

First of all.....we have no idea of what you're gonna shoot....and you HAVE to shoot.

He has to shoot over 421 to do himself any good.

So.....for the sake of the "hypothetical"......let's say he shoots 421. He keeps his current score. Now.....what would YOU have to shoot to beat him?

mobow 02-19-2008 01:53 PM

Ok, I was thinking along the right lines then.....that's what I thought......I'm just gonna go shoot....We'll figure it out from there....LOL

gzg38b 02-19-2008 01:59 PM

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong now!! I may shoot tonight as well bro.....Good luck....
Shoot tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday if you need to. My offer still stands. [8D]

Nothing liketalking smack from the clubhouse when the competition is on the 18th hole. :D

Just wait till I learn how to use this thumb trigger release. I'll DOMINATE this league then. To keep it fair, I'll shoot from 30 yards next year. Buckeye will be looking up at me wondering what happened. Just like the Buckeyes on the football field will be this fall when RichRod and the Maize and Blue run wild over the Sweatervest.
Rick James will be posting pictures of MY targets as his avatar next year.

But for now I'd be happy figuring out how to make the damn thing go off. :eek:

mobow 02-19-2008 02:06 PM

Ummmmm.......with the inside of your thumb....maybe you could.....squeeze the trigger??? Would that set it off??

Ok man....How many X's was that again? 22? I'm gonna give 'er hell....I think I have 3 targets left....I'm gonna use 'em all.....

I'll even post up a pic of the target if I succeed.

gzg38b 02-19-2008 02:10 PM

Ummmmm.......with the inside of your thumb....maybe you could.....squeeze the trigger??? Would that set it off??

Ok man....How many X's was that again? 22? I'm gonna give 'er hell....I think I have 3 targets left....I'm gonna use 'em all.....

I'll even post up a pic of the target if I succeed.
That POS Jim Fletcher Jimi T requires superhuman strength to get it to fire. And the adjustment screw is froze up. It won't loosen or tighten. My allen wrench looks like Rotini now, all twisted up. I'm going to return the release and try a Truball Pro Diamond.

GMMAT 02-19-2008 02:11 PM

I don't care one way or another....but this begs the question......

Have any of you guys been shooting multiple rounds and posting the best one? Just wondering.

buckeye 02-19-2008 02:14 PM

I don't care one way or another....but this begs the question......

Have any of you guys been shooting multiple rounds and posting the best one? Just wondering.
A couple weeks I have shot practice rounds (which are different than my league rounds in my approach), but I have not shot more than one league round per week.

mobow 02-19-2008 02:15 PM

No, I shoot 1 round/ week. In fact, that round is the only time I shoot each week, save 20 shots on my indoor 3D league.....

If I would have been practicing, say shooting a 10 yard drill each week, and a couple games each week.....i wonder what my score could have been......

gzg38b 02-19-2008 02:20 PM

No, I shoot 1 round/ week. In fact, that round is the only time I shoot each week, save 20 shots on my indoor 3D league.....

If I would have been practicing, say shooting a 10 yard drill each week, and a couple games each week.....i wonder what my score could have been......
I only shoot one real "round'. The last three weeks I have been shooting 300 rounds twice a week in addition to some 10 yardgames. But my league round is the only 450 round I'll shoot all week.

This kind of practice really helped me improve. If I only shot once per week, I'd be lucky to break 420.

One thing I do before my league rounds is shoot about 20 - 30 practice arrows before I start keeping score. I'm not sure if there is a rule that limits the number of practice arrows. I'm sure a "real league" would frown upon shooting that many practice arrows, but we don't have a rule against it in our internet league.

If I didn't thoroughly warm up, my scores would be much lower. It takes me a while to warm up and get the "feel". But once I start keeping score, the next 45 arrows count, no matter what.That's the score I post. But I'll admit I don't start scoring until I get warmed up and everything feels good. Maybe that's shady, I don't know.

Do you guys warm up, or do you shoot your scoring round "cold".

buckeye 02-19-2008 02:38 PM

Do you guys warm up, or do you shoot your scoring round "cold".

I shoot 1 or 2 ends to warm up... 3 to 6 arrows in other words.

gzg38b 02-19-2008 02:47 PM

I also think shooting in the basement, like I do, is MUCH easier than shooting on the line with a bunch of guys in a real league.

I've got TOTAL silence, with no distractions in my basement. I can only imagine shooting on a crowded line with people bumping you and seeing and hearing other bows going off, and arrows flying downrange, etc. That would drive me nuts! No way I'd be able to concentrate enough to shoot a decent round in that setting.

I give alot of credit to you guys that shoot in this environment. Not to mention the guys that shoot outdoors in the elements.

mobow 02-19-2008 03:30 PM

I would agree, and would love to shoot in the privacy of a basement. I shoot at the shop I work at, and while I try to shoot my round when there is either nobody there, or just 1 or 2 people, INVEVITABLY I get questioned, and talked to, while I'm trying to shoot.

One younger guy in particular, a real PITA btw.......19 or 20 y/o.......I had shot 2 arrows, and was drawing back on the 3rd, and while aiming he starts asking me all these questions about my bow....[:@] I shoot, set the bow down, look at him, and very calmly and politely (cause that's just how I roll) said...."Do you make it a habit to talk to people while they're in the midst of aiming, or do you just not like me?" :D He got the point. Shooting in that environment isn't like shooting on a line full of people, but it's close.

jmbuckhunter 02-19-2008 07:06 PM

Well it looks like the pressure got to me, I shot a 432 and I don't think thats enough. Unless Jeff added real bad or that 20 in the last game is for real. But I'm guessing it's a typo. What's the story with that Jeff???:eek:

And I might shoot 10-15 arrows a couple nights a week. But I only shoot a full game once a week, and it counts.