Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Week 6 Standings and Discussion >

Week 6 Standings and Discussion

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 6 Standings and Discussion

Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Week 6 Standings and Discussion

John I posted in the other thread. It's a typo. I know the totals are correct. I know I didn't shoot less than a 28 end. The target is at my office. I shot it during lunch and went back there to post it.

It's just a typo.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Ok man....How many X's was that again? 22? I'm gonna give 'er hell....I think I have 3 targets left....I'm gonna use 'em all.....
I don't care one way or another....but this begs the question......

Have any of you guys been shooting multiple rounds and posting the best one? Just wondering.
A couple weeks I have shot practice rounds (which are different than my league rounds in my approach), but I have not shot more than one league round per week.
+1
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm only shooting one game a week at 20 yards. The week I shot my 447 I shot probably 5 different 10 yard games in the basement though, other than that I've averaged 1-2 10 yard gamesin the basement per week and one full distance 20 yard game for score here and for my local league (same game).

On my 20 yard leage game, I do manage to get 10-15 arrows in before scoring,simply because I have to resight in my bow for 20 yards from the 10 Ipractice at home. I usually get there 30-45 minutes early before everyone starts to get the sight readjusted to 20 yards, there is usually about a 2" difference in POI for me.

At an indoor tournament, you would be typically be held to 2x practice ends before starting to score.

With all this said, I'm kind of hitting a plateau right now, it's gonna take 2-3 nights a week at the full 20 yard distance, and another 2-3 nights a week at 10 to get back up to that447-450 range again. Last time I shot a 450 (and the only time [&:]), I was shooting 5-6x a week with probably half those practice sessions being at 20 yards.

Here's my 10 yard practice game target from tonight, 450 - 43x:

Old 02-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

GEEEEEZ no wonder, those logs cover up the whole 10X ring.

We need 2 classes, regular arrows and Javalins.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Yep, you gotta love that!!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly I think there would have only been one additional arrow in that round that would have been out of the X if I had been shooting a hunting width shaft, and it still would have beena 450. I'll likely be shooting skinnier arrows next year for this league.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 PM

You know something RJ? Shooting an X with these fat shafts is kind of like robinhooding, if the entire shaft is in the X ring...My arrow darn near goes from line to line...
Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Yea I broke all my Lincoln Logs at a 3d shoot when i was going through bad target panic, and am now shooting toothpics again! As you can see in score they do help some.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

You know something RJ? Shooting an X with these fat shafts is kind of like robinhooding, if the entire shaft is in the X ring...My arrow darn near goes from line to line...
Yeah, that's cool till you get into the shoot off on a 5 spot event, and then they score inside out X's till someone cuts the line.........heh. Lots of pro's in the shootoff at indoor nationals every year in Louisville use skinny shafts because of this.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

yeah RJ, I would hate to be that good Someday my friends, someday....

Quick Reply: Week 6 Standings and Discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.