HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 6 Standings and Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/233213-week-6-standings-discussion.html)

mobow 02-19-2008 02:06 PM

RE: Week 6 Standings and Discussion

But for now I'd be happy figuring out how to make the damn thing go off. :eek:
Ummmmm.......with the inside of your thumb....maybe you could.....squeeze the trigger??? Would that set it off??

Ok man....How many X's was that again? 22? I'm gonna give 'er hell....I think I have 3 targets left....I'm gonna use 'em all.....

I'll even post up a pic of the target if I succeed.

gzg38b 02-19-2008 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

But for now I'd be happy figuring out how to make the damn thing go off. :eek:
Ummmmm.......with the inside of your thumb....maybe you could.....squeeze the trigger??? Would that set it off??

Ok man....How many X's was that again? 22? I'm gonna give 'er hell....I think I have 3 targets left....I'm gonna use 'em all.....

I'll even post up a pic of the target if I succeed.
That POS Jim Fletcher Jimi T requires superhuman strength to get it to fire. And the adjustment screw is froze up. It won't loosen or tighten. My allen wrench looks like Rotini now, all twisted up. I'm going to return the release and try a Truball Pro Diamond.

GMMAT 02-19-2008 02:11 PM

I don't care one way or another....but this begs the question......

Have any of you guys been shooting multiple rounds and posting the best one? Just wondering.

buckeye 02-19-2008 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't care one way or another....but this begs the question......

Have any of you guys been shooting multiple rounds and posting the best one? Just wondering.
A couple weeks I have shot practice rounds (which are different than my league rounds in my approach), but I have not shot more than one league round per week.

mobow 02-19-2008 02:15 PM

No, I shoot 1 round/ week. In fact, that round is the only time I shoot each week, save 20 shots on my indoor 3D league.....

If I would have been practicing, say shooting a 10 yard drill each week, and a couple games each week.....i wonder what my score could have been......

gzg38b 02-19-2008 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

No, I shoot 1 round/ week. In fact, that round is the only time I shoot each week, save 20 shots on my indoor 3D league.....

If I would have been practicing, say shooting a 10 yard drill each week, and a couple games each week.....i wonder what my score could have been......
I only shoot one real "round'. The last three weeks I have been shooting 300 rounds twice a week in addition to some 10 yardgames. But my league round is the only 450 round I'll shoot all week.

This kind of practice really helped me improve. If I only shot once per week, I'd be lucky to break 420.

One thing I do before my league rounds is shoot about 20 - 30 practice arrows before I start keeping score. I'm not sure if there is a rule that limits the number of practice arrows. I'm sure a "real league" would frown upon shooting that many practice arrows, but we don't have a rule against it in our internet league.

If I didn't thoroughly warm up, my scores would be much lower. It takes me a while to warm up and get the "feel". But once I start keeping score, the next 45 arrows count, no matter what.That's the score I post. But I'll admit I don't start scoring until I get warmed up and everything feels good. Maybe that's shady, I don't know.

Do you guys warm up, or do you shoot your scoring round "cold".

buckeye 02-19-2008 02:38 PM

Do you guys warm up, or do you shoot your scoring round "cold".

I shoot 1 or 2 ends to warm up... 3 to 6 arrows in other words.

gzg38b 02-19-2008 02:47 PM

I also think shooting in the basement, like I do, is MUCH easier than shooting on the line with a bunch of guys in a real league.

I've got TOTAL silence, with no distractions in my basement. I can only imagine shooting on a crowded line with people bumping you and seeing and hearing other bows going off, and arrows flying downrange, etc. That would drive me nuts! No way I'd be able to concentrate enough to shoot a decent round in that setting.

I give alot of credit to you guys that shoot in this environment. Not to mention the guys that shoot outdoors in the elements.

mobow 02-19-2008 03:30 PM

I would agree, and would love to shoot in the privacy of a basement. I shoot at the shop I work at, and while I try to shoot my round when there is either nobody there, or just 1 or 2 people, INVEVITABLY I get questioned, and talked to, while I'm trying to shoot.

One younger guy in particular, a real PITA btw.......19 or 20 y/o.......I had shot 2 arrows, and was drawing back on the 3rd, and while aiming he starts asking me all these questions about my bow....[:@] I shoot, set the bow down, look at him, and very calmly and politely (cause that's just how I roll) said...."Do you make it a habit to talk to people while they're in the midst of aiming, or do you just not like me?" :D He got the point. Shooting in that environment isn't like shooting on a line full of people, but it's close.

jmbuckhunter 02-19-2008 07:06 PM

Well it looks like the pressure got to me, I shot a 432 and I don't think thats enough. Unless Jeff added real bad or that 20 in the last game is for real. But I'm guessing it's a typo. What's the story with that Jeff???:eek:

And I might shoot 10-15 arrows a couple nights a week. But I only shoot a full game once a week, and it counts.