HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 6 Standings and Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/233213-week-6-standings-discussion.html)

GMMAT 02-19-2008 07:11 PM

RE: Week 6 Standings and Discussion

John I posted in the other thread. It's a typo. I know the totals are correct. I know I didn't shoot less than a 28 end. The target is at my office. I shot it during lunch and went back there to post it.

It's just a typo.

RuttNutt 02-19-2008 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Ok man....How many X's was that again? 22? I'm gonna give 'er hell....I think I have 3 targets left....I'm gonna use 'em all.....
I don't care one way or another....but this begs the question......

Have any of you guys been shooting multiple rounds and posting the best one? Just wondering.
A couple weeks I have shot practice rounds (which are different than my league rounds in my approach), but I have not shot more than one league round per week.
+1

Rick James 02-19-2008 07:18 PM

I'm only shooting one game a week at 20 yards. The week I shot my 447 I shot probably 5 different 10 yard games in the basement though, other than that I've averaged 1-2 10 yard gamesin the basement per week and one full distance 20 yard game for score here and for my local league (same game).

On my 20 yard leage game, I do manage to get 10-15 arrows in before scoring,simply because I have to resight in my bow for 20 yards from the 10 Ipractice at home. I usually get there 30-45 minutes early before everyone starts to get the sight readjusted to 20 yards, there is usually about a 2" difference in POI for me.

At an indoor tournament, you would be typically be held to 2x practice ends before starting to score.

With all this said, I'm kind of hitting a plateau right now, it's gonna take 2-3 nights a week at the full 20 yard distance, and another 2-3 nights a week at 10 to get back up to that447-450 range again. Last time I shot a 450 (and the only time [&:]), I was shooting 5-6x a week with probably half those practice sessions being at 20 yards.

Here's my 10 yard practice game target from tonight, 450 - 43x:

jmbuckhunter 02-19-2008 07:29 PM

GEEEEEZ no wonder, those logs cover up the whole 10X ring.:D

We need 2 classes, regular arrows and Javalins.:D

mobow 02-19-2008 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Yep, you gotta love that!!

Rick James 02-19-2008 07:45 PM

Honestly I think there would have only been one additional arrow in that round that would have been out of the X if I had been shooting a hunting width shaft, and it still would have beena 450. I'll likely be shooting skinnier arrows next year for this league.

mobow 02-19-2008 07:47 PM

You know something RJ? Shooting an X with these fat shafts is kind of like robinhooding, if the entire shaft is in the X ring...My arrow darn near goes from line to line...:D

MOmightymite 02-19-2008 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Yea I broke all my Lincoln Logs at a 3d shoot when i was going through bad target panic, and am now shooting toothpics again!:D As you can see in score they do help some.

Rick James 02-19-2008 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

You know something RJ? Shooting an X with these fat shafts is kind of like robinhooding, if the entire shaft is in the X ring...My arrow darn near goes from line to line...:D
Yeah, that's cool till you get into the shoot off on a 5 spot event, and then they score inside out X's till someone cuts the line.........heh. Lots of pro's in the shootoff at indoor nationals every year in Louisville use skinny shafts because of this.

RuttNutt 02-19-2008 09:37 PM

yeah RJ, I would hate to be that good Someday my friends, someday....

mobow 02-20-2008 05:42 AM

Man Gr8.......You put some pressure on.....nice round bro, nice round....

Ok, Jeff.....what do I gotta shoot to stay ahead.

GR8atta2d 02-20-2008 05:51 AM

Well you've averaged 426.6 so I didn't push the bar high enough i'm afraid. With your 3 point and x count lead 425 will do the job. [:o]

Do you shoot when your heart is on the beat or just after? On the inhale or exhale?? You're too good of a shooter to worry about target panic..or is that who gets it.. the really good guys?? Anyway don't think about any of this..you'll be fine.

Just above all else don't throw a zero..and it's a cakewalk

Good luck ;)

Gundeck 02-20-2008 06:09 AM

Well, I could always blame my bad week on the 25 mph winds, but I am sure it is mostly me. Had to get my round in last night because the rest of the week is a mess and then I have to go to Albany for the weekend for a conference. Best of luck to all. This has been a lot of fun. Thanks again, Matt!

GMMAT 02-20-2008 08:05 AM

You need to shoot 426 to beat GR8.

But that still means you finish behind one semi-pro beanie-head and 2 old guys who don't have "staff" after their last name.:D

mobow 02-20-2008 09:43 AM

You need to shoot 426 to beat GR8.

But that still means you finish behind one semi-pro beanie-head and 2 old guys who don't have "staff" after their last name.:D
Yeahhh...but I can live w/ that.....my goal wasn't to beat so and so....but to finish top 5.......Top 4 would have been better, but top 5, I'm happy.

Gr8....that's some of the BEST psychological smack I've seen yet!! Kudos buddy...kudos.

GR8atta2d 02-20-2008 11:05 AM

Gr8....that's some of the BEST psychological smack I've seen yet!! Kudos buddy...kudos.
Thanks,

Buckeye's been tutoring me..we haven't got to the actual shooting part, yet, we're just concentrating on proper trash talkin first! :D

mobow 02-20-2008 11:07 AM

So you're his court's jesture, or gopher?? :D

GMMAT 02-20-2008 11:13 AM

Jester, even......;)

I forgot.....you two got beat by two old guys with verifier lenses!:D

mobow 02-20-2008 11:35 AM

Jester, even......;)

What?? What was that?? Hold on, lemme turn up my hearing aid......:eek: Or......sign language perhaps?? :D

GR8atta2d 02-20-2008 01:28 PM

Hey old man.. Mucho practice with extensive coaching and drills from RJ (and others) Verifier lens' and new bows and a borderline legal stabilizer, only kept you slightly ahead of a guy shooting once a week.Not to mention that fact that you were shooting in the solitude of your basement and not on a full line of shooters in a competitiive setting.

[/align]

GMMAT 02-20-2008 01:37 PM

Just rattling your chain. I wish I had somewhere to shoot on a line like that. I'm gonna go to Raleigh next week and freak (doubtful...lol).

Just busting ya'lls chops.

So now my stabilizer is illegal.....I got "different" coaching than you did.....and my lens is an advantage????

Hell I'd take back a few years and call it "even"!

mobow 02-20-2008 08:43 PM

gzg, man.....I gave it one HELL of a run....Shot my very best round tonight, with my highest X count, 18. 4 stinkin X's short.....Dad gummit.....oh well, still my best.

But gr8.......I beat yer arse buddy!! LOL......I needed what? A 426??? Now, help me out here......Is 434 higher or lower than that?? I'm not sure....:D

gzg38b 02-20-2008 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

gzg, man.....I gave it one HELL of a run....Shot my very best round tonight, with my highest X count, 18. 4 stinkin X's short.....Dad gummit.....oh well, still my best.

But gr8.......I beat yer arse buddy!! LOL......I needed what? A 426??? Now, help me out here......Is 434 higher or lower than that?? I'm not sure....:D
Nice round Mobow. I was sweatin' for a minute there. How many of those X's were cutting the10 ring?

mobow 02-20-2008 09:20 PM

Ummm.....bout half I would say. One spot, I hit dead center X 6 arrows in a row......I beat the crap out of that one spot....:eek:

Gave it a run, what else can I say......You shot good bro...you shot real good.

Rick James 02-20-2008 09:56 PM

Shot my highest x count in a game tonight, 13x's. I've shot higher overall x counts in a full round, but never broke 12 x's in a game before.

Don't know if it will be enough to beat buckeye, but to be honest I didn't want to have to shoot my game after seeing his score, it's much easier to just worry about shooting my game shot by shot when I don't have a score to aim for. [8D]

It's been good guys, but I've gotta say I'm really looking forward to getting outside soon. I have some ideas for an outdoor league of sorts that should be fun, I'll be looking for some input on this as well soon, so keep your eyes peeled in here if you want to participate. If you guys want me to get something running as well for a 5 spot league, let me know, I'll be glad to run it.

RuttNutt 02-20-2008 11:37 PM

Great shootin' RJ!!! I am shootin my score tomarrow night so we will see how it goes. this will be my last week shooting right handed. I will have my left handed bhfs rig set up friday night and I cant wait!!!! I am very interested in the five spot league though...

GR8atta2d 02-21-2008 10:38 AM

Wow great shootin Mobo.. I guess I'll get good odds next year?? Congrats.

GMMAT I know your bustin chops...that's what this little thing is all about! Anyone of us could "cook the books" if it was just for anything more thanbraggin rights. I love it.

Enjoyed the whole thing thanks Matt, and if anyone is interested in keeping posting my league still has 5 weeks left.

RuttNutt 02-23-2008 07:34 PM

well I finally got to shoot my round tonight. Babysitters are hard to come by!! My second game straight sucked. But it's all over now. I got to shoot my new bowhunter rig tonight and I love it!!!!! I switched back to left handed and my mucles are paying for it. I havent pulled a left handed bow back since october so shooting left really wore me out. I sure did like the way it felt. Caint wait to shoot some five spot scores with her.....

buckeye 02-24-2008 07:58 AM

I can't guarantee that I will be able to get my round in today....

It has been a very busy week and I still have a day late B-Day party to go to this afternoon.... I will try my best to get my round in but no guarantee.....

I was busy messing with the 82nd all week in my free time and never made time to shoot my round.