HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Shoot coming up in a month or two.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/230854-shoot-coming-up-month-two.html)

GMMAT 02-05-2008 08:00 AM

Shoot coming up in a month or two....

Figured all you techie heads would know this....

How fast do you think my 82nd at 52#'s will push a 364gr arrow? Only regulations, I think, is you have to shoot 7gpp, and be +/-3% of 280fps.

I can do this with an x-cutter setup, right?

Rick James 02-05-2008 08:09 AM

RE: Shoot coming up in a month or two....

Jeff:

Do you have screw in inserts in those arrows, or glue in points?

GMMAT 02-05-2008 08:12 AM

Glue in points.

If I have to.....I'll order another set of arrows. I'm likely going to have to to get to the ASA requirements, anyways.

What's your suggestion?

OH!!!!!!!! They will HAVE to be screw in tips for that tourney anyway!

I will get some more arrows.....but I need my guru(s) help!:D

Rick James 02-05-2008 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Glue in points.

If I have to.....I'll order another set of arrows. I'm likely going to have to to get to the ASA requirements, anyways.

What's your suggestion?

OH!!!!!!!! They will HAVE to be screw in tips for that tourney anyway!

I will get some more arrows.....but I need my guru(s) help!:D
Well official ASA rules say no points restrictions for HC, so technically you would be legal with glue ins. You also are legal to use short fletchings in HC for the ASA.......so you could use blazers as well. I'd check with your local organization to see if they are using true ASA rules, or modifying them slightly with vane/point restrictions for HC.

Assuming these two things, I'd likely look at a 30x Pro with 100 grain glue in points. According to OnTarget2 you are going to need a 400-420 grain arrow at 52lbs, but if you crank it up to 55lbs......you could use a30X Pro cut to 28", with blazers, pin nock, and blazers will end up around 435-440 grains. Crank that bow up to about 55lbs, and then you would be shooting 282..perfect for ASA. This is the fattest and biggest line cutter out there, if you didn't hit the line with these things it's definitely not the arrows fault.

This is almost the same exact arrow setup (slightly shorter) that I used to win my state ASA title in HC. They flew like darts.

GMMAT 02-05-2008 08:36 AM

Matt:

You are a wealth of information. I thank you, sir.

Now....I assume I'll have to buy new pin nocks; bushings, everything for this new arrow setup?

How much more arrow "drop" am I gonna have between 20-30yds? I mean....right now I'm shootin 330fps! I never aim out of the 10 ring.

Rick James 02-05-2008 08:44 AM

To be honest, your not going to see much difference between 20-30 yards. The differences are going to be noticable out past 35 yards or so.

The 30x Pro's will come with pin nocks and bushings. I'd suggest that if you will be shooting goldtips for a while, to buy yourself a 100 pack of the nocks and change them often......if they don't feel like they are snapping on the string right......or if you whack them good shooting groups and can see any damage at all......change them. I typically will go through a 100 pack of these things every summer.

GMMAT 02-05-2008 08:53 AM

Thanks, Matt. I will be shooting these arrows in the circuit here that only has me shooting max 30yds. (this year, anyways). I'll formulate another arrow (and possibly another BOW) for the '09 3D season. I'll get with you on those choices, too.

So....you think I'll still be "pretty much" shooting one pin for this circuit? If so.....I'll get these ordered and order a few extra bushings and tips (witht he 30x's).

I'd just as soon get it set up "legal" up front.....and get used to it.

So that I'm straight......I WILL be using different pin nock bushings and tips for the 30X's?

I suppose I won't have a need for the reg. x-cutters.....and could sell them? I think I have 10 or 11 left.