Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 5 Scores Talk

Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Week 5 Scores Talk

Well, if last week is any indication, I don't expect to see much on here for a few days. I have a busy week this week (including a drive down to PA for the sports show), so I thought I better get my round out of the way. I have changed the lighting in my workshop so I can see my pins better when shooting at night. Wow, what a difference it makes. Not so much in the score, but in my comfort level while shooting. A little improvement this week and that is all I am asking. Baby steps.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Week 5 Scores Talk

I also got my round out of the way today.... I would like to get out a couple evenings this week and look for some sheds... I also have a class I have to take for work for 10 hour on Saturday so I figured I better get to it early in the week.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome shooting buckeye, I bet that one feels good. That's a fantastic HC score, with a great x count as well. Have you been doing aiming drills?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Awesome shooting buckeye, I bet that one feels good. That's a fantastic HC score, with a great x count as well. Have you been doing aiming drills?
Thanks. What didn't feel good was two of my 9's were "bad shots" not just floaters..... I also had3 "bad shots" that still scored 10's though. Overall I am pleased though.

I did them 3 nights last week then shot my lowest round of the year on Saturday... lol... I didn't shoot yesterday and shot my round today. I was really baffled after my round on Saturday after working like that thru the week last week. So yes I have done them, it was either thursday or friday the last time I did though.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Man, I'm sayin!! Good shootin bro, man...

I'm hopin these big ole lincoln logs I'm throwing, and slowing the bow down considerably will help....I think it will....
Old 02-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alright RJ and Buckeye..What's an aiming drill? Come on, i'm a sponge here...I've been doing my 10 yard shots a couple times a week. Need more tips
Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm hopint to have some different limbs for my shoot for week 6.....if Bowtech can get them to me, fast. Even at 62#'s.....I feel like.....late in the game.....the bow could get away from me. It's an unnerving feeling.....trying to get the release off before the bow (in your mind) goes off.

I'm betting on STILL being in the 310fps range at FIFTY-TWO pounds. I think I'll have a good time shooting at that #-age.

We'll see. After shooting my shoot on Sunday.....I'm happy with the score I put up in wk 5.

Also....I shot my first two EVER 30-3x ends, last night
Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 PM

I came out of the gate on freakin fire tonight. My float was beautiful, hanging right on the X. My first 9 arrows found the x ring 5 times. I am beginning to see a pattern in which spots I shoot well. My 3rd one, which I have on the left, I dropped 1 point the entire game. The upper right....Well, that's a different story. I dropped 17 points on that spot alone, and 2 on the lower right. Man....If I could have shot the upper right as well as the other 2......I would have been mid 440's......I all but shot the center out of the left side spot......

I dunno what the deal is with that.....pisses me off though.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried to shoot a little for practice tonight, but was too weak. I had the flu all weekend and missed work Monday. I hardly ate anything all weekend. I will try to gain some strength and get my round in later this week or on the weekend. No use even trying to shoot for a score right now. I was all over the place.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had some time before my meeting last night and went out to shoot for an hour with my son (in the rain). I was worried after my last two rounds that Iwould shoot lousy and realize that I was just lucky lately. I think I am really making progress. I shot great. My new goal is to break 410 by the end of the contest. That doesn't seem like much since I shot a 407 last round, but it will mean I am still improving and making progress. Matt, I want to thank you for giving me this motivation to really work on my shooting skills.

Quick Reply: Week 5 Scores Talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.