HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Amazing Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/228898-amazing-shooting.html)

MO_Bowhnter 01-24-2008 02:20 PM

Amazing Shooting

I was reading a thread over at archerytalk[:-] and it was about how many straight 60X games have you shot. Jim Despart didn't go by games, he broke it down into arrows...get this...

In the 2003-2004 winter season, he shot 1957 straight x's on the vegas face!

That absolutely blows my mind.

gzg38b 01-24-2008 02:25 PM

RE: Amazing Shooting

I couldn't do that from 5 yards! [:-]

Rick James 01-24-2008 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

I was reading a thread over at archerytalk[:-] and it was about how many straight 60X games have you shot. Jim Despart didn't go by games, he broke it down into arrows...get this...

In the 2003-2004 winter season, he shot 1957 straight x's on the vegas face!

That absolutely blows my mind.

Heh, trust me when I say it was equivelant of 10's on the vegas face. He was referring to x's on the blue face in that post, which are essentially the same size as a 10 on the vegas face. Still amazing shooting though. He is quite likely the best indoor archer that have ever shot a bow.

With that said, the world record for vegas X's is currently held by Dave Cousins, who has a 598/600 scoring with NAA rules (baby x's count as tens......so this means 58 out of 60 vegas x's).

Jim is local to me here, and has been a large influence on the indoor shooters in this area. My coach actually watched him tie Dave C's world record in a practice game one night.

GMMAT 01-24-2008 02:40 PM

Either of 'em shootin a biscuit?

(j/k;))

Rick James 01-24-2008 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Either of 'em shootin a biscuit?

(j/k;))
Actually, Jim was the one that went to vegas with a biscuit, and this is his target that we have seen posted here quite a few times. He shot this target in the shop I work for. [8D];) Seriously. He still hunts with one.

GMMAT 01-25-2008 05:16 AM

I was joking, Matt. One guy (as far as I know) shot the WB/Vegas in Comp.....and I've seen that photo 100 times. WAY more than I've seen any other.

Awesome score....no matter the equipment. I was only kidding.

mobow 01-25-2008 05:49 AM

And the fact that you were only joking makes it even more funny, cause he actually did it....LOL......I mean, a guy throws out something silly like the whisker buscuit, only to find out that's what he did use......I'm laughing, not at you, but at the fact he actually did it! That is amazing....And after shooting a couple of Vegas faces now, it's all the more impressive.

Like Rick James' photo in the avatar, impressive.

One thing I have found out, I gotta get away from my caliper release. That thing is KILLIN me. I won't go to a true back tension, but I AM going to give a thumb trigger a shot.....Just gotta figure out which one.

GMMAT 01-25-2008 05:54 AM

I asked the question a few months ago, Mobo. I found out:

Matt/PA
RJ (Matt)
Greg/MO

All these guys use the Carter Just Cuz (or Just B Cuz). I figured I had to take a chance I'd like it....and it's great. It's taking a while to get used to it.....but it's getting better.

Rick James 01-25-2008 06:04 AM

To add to Jeff's comment about the Just Cuz, this happens to be the release that fits my hand best and allows me the anchor points that work best for me. Any of the newer carters, stans, or TRU Balls are quality releases. Get whatever works best for you, and try to actually hold as many as you can.

GMMAT 01-25-2008 06:20 AM

That's a problem for most, though , RJ. I have nowhere where I can hold any of them. I had to order blind.

Thanks for the recommendation. I love mine.