HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 2 Standings and Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/228523-week-2-standings-discussion.html)

Rick James 01-22-2008 11:16 AM

Week 2 Standings and Discussion

If anyone notices anything wrong, please send me a PM. It's easier to make all the changes when I have time if I have them all listed in one place, such as my PM's.

GMMAT 01-22-2008 12:08 PM

RE: Week 2 Standings and Discussion

ruttnut's shooting open;)

Matt/TN 01-22-2008 12:25 PM

And I guess you would need to start the numbers, as buckeye being number 1.....Ohio[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][8D]:D

RuttNutt 01-22-2008 12:53 PM

yup, I am shootin' open..............

Gundeck 01-22-2008 01:01 PM

Congrats, guys. Great numbers. My short term goal is to break 400. Then, I am after Jeff.:D:D:D

mobow 01-22-2008 01:16 PM

Well I was actually pretty disappointed in my score, I'm capable of better. But, I got my "official" targets from Lancaster today, and last evening I installed my new Sword Apex Micro 3rd plane, 5 .010 pin sight. I don't have a lens on it to keep me in the bowhunter classes, but I'm really believing the .010 pins will do nothing but help. That .029 I had covered almost the entire 10 ring @ 20 yards.....LOL

GR8atta2d 01-22-2008 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well I was actually pretty disappointed in my score, I'm capable of better. But, I got my "official" targets from Lancaster today, and last evening I installed my new Sword Apex Micro 3rd plane, 5 .010 pin sight. I don't have a lens on it to keep me in the bowhunter classes, but I'm really believing the .010 pins will do nothing but help. That .029 I had covered almost the entire 10 ring @ 20 yards.....LOL
Did you learn nothing from Matt?? Now watch that .010 pin float..it'll get ya dizzy..Bigger is better.

Good Luck!

Edit to note that Matt/TN and I posted some 11 seconds apart..so we were both typing at the same time..and the Matt I referenced was RJ.. But I agree with both of'em.. :)

Matt/TN 01-22-2008 01:44 PM

I'd actually rather have a larger pin to shoot spots with.

GMMAT 01-22-2008 01:56 PM

I was gonna ask this, too.

I may get a big 'ol 20 yd pin and the rest .019 when I get a new one. That sight Mobow has is SWEET!

mobow 01-22-2008 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Here comes the obvious question, are you ready? Why? With my .029 covering up the entire 10 ring, I don't have a fine aiming point, it's more of a loose aiming point. Can't hit what I can't see, right?

I shot it a few times last evening to sight my 20 yard pin in, and I noticed a huge difference just with that. I'm pretty sure it's going to do nothing but help me, but I don't have near the experience you do, so I may be wrong.....

For those that may be interested ( I know of 1....;)) here is a picture, and I'm working on a full review of the sword sight. I'm currently writing it up, and have a few more pictures to take.