HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Why is the bottom left target the worst? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/227931-why-bottom-left-target-worst.html)

gzg38b 01-18-2008 04:19 PM

Why is the bottom left target the worst?

When I shoot the Vegas face, my groups are larger on the bottom left target face. I can't figure out why. I think it may be mental. I'm starting to expect to shoot bad on the bottom left face, and maybe it's messing up my head.

The top middle is pretty good, but the bottom right is my best. If I could shoot them all as good as the bottom right, my scores would be much better.

Why is this?

flstnhd 01-18-2008 05:22 PM

RE: Why is the bottom left target the worst?

I almost asked the same thing the other day but figured everyone would think I was crazy. I had my target upside down and was shooting the daylights out of the top right. Top left was the worst. ???????

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-18-2008 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

When I shoot the Vegas face, my groups are larger on the bottom left target face. I can't figure out why. I think it may be mental. I'm starting to expect to shoot bad on the bottom left face, and maybe it's messing up my head.

The top middle is pretty good, but the bottom right is my best. If I could shoot them all as good as the bottom right, my scores would be much better.

Why is this?
Terry, just rotate your target. [8D] :D ;)

mobow 01-18-2008 05:42 PM

I don't know, but I do know precisely what you mean. When I shoot 5 spots, the upper left just whips my tail.....I'll be darn if I know why..

Rick James 01-18-2008 05:45 PM

Rob's suggestion will work. You could also change the order you shoot them. If you were in national competition this wouldn't fly, but for HNI I don't really care. It's probably a mental thing.

Before your shot on that number one target, take the time to mentally picture what a perfect shot feels like, sounds like, and looks like and picture the arrow hitting that X inside out without touching a line. Then make it go there. ;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-18-2008 05:49 PM

Before your shot on that number one target, take the time to mentally picture what a perfect shot feels like, sounds like, and looks like and picture the arrow hitting that X inside out without touching a line. Then make it go there.
Very ZEN Matt and RIGHT ON! ....

gzg38b 01-18-2008 06:04 PM

Rotate my target?

"Thanks Mr. Obvious - you're a life saver!!!" :D:D

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-18-2008 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Rotate my target?

"Thanks Mr. Obvious - you're a life saver!!!" :D:D

LOL, thank you caller.

Gundeck 01-18-2008 08:33 PM

That is odd, because I have always done worse on the bottom left as well.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-18-2008 09:20 PM

Okay, seriously,

Do you shoot them in order, 1, 2, 3, obviously 1 being your lower left target thusly your first arrow?

Not unlike a golf swing, muscle memorie in your shot sequence would normally make your best shot the 3rd arrow, IF your mental game is on. Think about it this way, your going up, pulling your arrows, coming back and shooting your first arrow each time.

IF allowed, switch it up and shoot the top target first, the lower right second and then the lower left and see if your worst changes.

If your not shooting in sequence, then disregard this post unless your shooting the same each time, switch it and see if it moves.

Just a thought.