HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Vane color..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/227579-vane-color.html)

buckeye 01-16-2008 02:52 PM

Vane color.....

Am I the only one who likes to have his vanes the same color as his target face?

I don't want to see my arrow in the target while shooting indoors.... I trust my shot andI don't want to catch myself looking back atit to see where it hit... I feel like it is over, I can't do anything about where it hit whether good or badand that I need to focus on the next arrow....

Odd or normal?
[/align]

Rick James 01-16-2008 02:54 PM

RE: Vane color.....

I feel that way as well. I don't carry binocs with me during indoor season for just this reason. Where the last arrow has nothing to do with the arrow you are about to shoot, and in archery your only as good as your next arrow.

I fletch mine flour. orange which blends in pretty good.

buckeye 01-16-2008 02:59 PM

Man I need to get some new arrows....

The ones I am shooting now are all white for the 5 spot face....

I need like 2 dozen new arrows..... 6 for Vegas with yellow vanes, 10 for 5 spot all white vanes and a dozen for 3D in which ever color looks good to me...... I don't care about the color of my 3D arrows as I only have to shoot it once :D

Might go black on black this year for 3D if Iget to shoot as much as I would like to.....

GMMAT 01-16-2008 03:00 PM

Well someone's gotta tell me if I'm doing something illegal. I shoot in my basement....and the other night I colored in most of the x-ring with a black magic marker (but left out the entire line).

OK...back to the topic.....my vanes are black. But I am an old man. I can't see that far, anyways.:)

Rick James 01-16-2008 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Might go black on black this year for 3D if Iget to shoot as much as I would like to.....
I think I've told you this before, but I do black on black for 3D, and also make one white on white as well in case I have either a team shoot, or mountain goat.

GMMAT 01-16-2008 03:03 PM

Matt/PA calls those............................................. ......."ninja" arrows:D

buckeye 01-16-2008 03:44 PM

I used to shoot black on black back in 05 with my Patriot SC.....

That bow was so quiet my buddy would joke my arrows were as fast and and my bow was as quiet as a stealth bomber..... You didn't see squat until it was to late!

I stopped shooting black on black from the guys at the shoots crying about it.....

jmbuckhunter 01-16-2008 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well someone's gotta tell me if I'm doing something illegal. I shoot in my basement....and the other night I colored in most of the x-ring with a black magic marker (but left out the entire line).

OK...back to the topic.....my vanes are black. But I am an old man. I can't see that far, anyways.:)
Jeff, that sounds like cheating, but I have no idea seeing this is my first time shooting in a league.

GR8atta2d 01-17-2008 06:35 AM

Jeff...I honestly believe it's illegal...I asked about it a couple years ago at the shop where I shoot..It's a great idea!! (probably why I asked ;))

GMMAT 01-17-2008 06:43 AM

If it's illegal.....I'll stop doing it....and ya'll can do what you want with my scores. I'm just doing this for fun....and thought nothing of it. I can't see real good in my basement, anyways.

Honest Injun.

Rick James 01-17-2008 07:37 AM

No worries Jeff, I'd say just don't do it from here on out.

The reason it's illegal is because the arrow tends to go where your looking. Modifying the target face to giveyourself a very contrasting focal point on the target is definitely going to help one concentrate on where the arrow needs to go.

This is the same reason I tend to pull the target and "fix" a hole that is outside of the 10 ring between ends, so that I'm not able to see a big 30x pro sized black hole on my target face when at full draw. This is legal though.....;). It helps me quite a bit because I'm shooting a black ring on the lens, and you stare right through it at what you want to hit. If you get caught looking at a hole outside the 10 ring when the shot breaks, it tends to go there........

When you see pro's drop a 9, they will usually just completely pull the target face down and replace it. This is legal as well.

GMMAT 01-17-2008 07:45 AM

OK....cool. If you'll look at my photos....I didn't "shade in" the entire 10 ring....but I DID do it so I'd have a foacl point. Yes.

I won't do it, again, and it was an honest mistake.

Gundeck 01-17-2008 08:54 AM

Interesting. I would have never guessed that was illegal.