Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Vane color.....

Old 01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Vane color.....

Am I the only one who likes to have his vanes the same color as his target face?

I don't want to see my arrow in the target while shooting indoors.... I trust my shot andI don't want to catch myself looking back atit to see where it hit... I feel like it is over, I can't do anything about where it hit whether good or badand that I need to focus on the next arrow....

Odd or normal?
[/align]
Old 01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vane color.....

I feel that way as well. I don't carry binocs with me during indoor season for just this reason. Where the last arrow has nothing to do with the arrow you are about to shoot, and in archery your only as good as your next arrow.

I fletch mine flour. orange which blends in pretty good.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man I need to get some new arrows....

The ones I am shooting now are all white for the 5 spot face....

I need like 2 dozen new arrows..... 6 for Vegas with yellow vanes, 10 for 5 spot all white vanes and a dozen for 3D in which ever color looks good to me...... I don't care about the color of my 3D arrows as I only have to shoot it once

Might go black on black this year for 3D if Iget to shoot as much as I would like to.....
Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Well someone's gotta tell me if I'm doing something illegal. I shoot in my basement....and the other night I colored in most of the x-ring with a black magic marker (but left out the entire line).

OK...back to the topic.....my vanes are black. But I am an old man. I can't see that far, anyways.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Might go black on black this year for 3D if Iget to shoot as much as I would like to.....
I think I've told you this before, but I do black on black for 3D, and also make one white on white as well in case I have either a team shoot, or mountain goat.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Matt/PA calls those............................................. ......."ninja" arrows
Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to shoot black on black back in 05 with my Patriot SC.....

That bow was so quiet my buddy would joke my arrows were as fast and and my bow was as quiet as a stealth bomber..... You didn't see squat until it was to late!

I stopped shooting black on black from the guys at the shoots crying about it.....
Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well someone's gotta tell me if I'm doing something illegal. I shoot in my basement....and the other night I colored in most of the x-ring with a black magic marker (but left out the entire line).

OK...back to the topic.....my vanes are black. But I am an old man. I can't see that far, anyways.
Jeff, that sounds like cheating, but I have no idea seeing this is my first time shooting in a league.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff...I honestly believe it's illegal...I asked about it a couple years ago at the shop where I shoot..It's a great idea!! (probably why I asked )
Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

If it's illegal.....I'll stop doing it....and ya'll can do what you want with my scores. I'm just doing this for fun....and thought nothing of it. I can't see real good in my basement, anyways.

Honest Injun.

Quick Reply: Vane color.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.