2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 2 Scores discussion

Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Week 2 Scores discussion

I just had to post this to say congrats to Jeff. That's a fine score!!

I've finally got a bag setupin the basement now and really able to start working some kinks out of my game. I think the ability to shoot every day now is going to go a long way to helping me make that next step as an indoor shooter.

I still don't have all the equipment issues worked out, but should have my new cable any day now, and for now I've at least got the draw length where it needs to be finally. I'm off to the basement to shoot a 10 yard 450 game right now and will post up the results later.

When is everyone planning to turn in their scores? I'll submit mine on Wednesday.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

Ok, week 2 posted. I figured I better get it out of the way. I am on a committee to host a NWTF Banquet this Saturday, so it is gonna be a busy week. I had some time tonight so I squeezed in this weeks round.

Nice score Jeff. Man those arrow are some fatties. They must be good for 4 or 5 lines a round.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Dominant Buck

No question about it, John.....they are good for a few lines. I should keep track, next time.

Today's shooting was "interesting".
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No question about it, John.....they are good for a few lines. I should keep track, next time.

Today's shooting was "interesting".
Nice shooting jeff...I bet that 7-10-10 round was an interesting one.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

This weeks shooting session probably won't be until sunday for me. Rushing to get one in afterwork is not good for trying to score well.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I bet that 7-10-10 round was an interesting one.
Yep. I shoot the no. 2 target, first. And if I remember correctly....that was my first arrow of that end. Ooops.

I was talking to Rob...and told him I didn't eat hardly anything today. I shot as soon as I got home and I was shaking while I was shooting. Not even close to being an excuse. I'm happy as hell I shot the round I did. I don't want it back (if ya know what I mean). Kinda like playing a good round of gold when you know you don't have your "A" game that day. I always loved that.

That's as good as I can shoot, right there.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I bet that 7-10-10 round was an interesting one.
Yep. I shoot the no. 2 target, first. And if I remember correctly....that was my first arrow of that end. Ooops.

I was talking to Rob...and told him I didn't eat hardly anything today. I shot as soon as I got home and I was shaking while I was shooting. Not even close to being an excuse. I'm happy as hell I shot the round I did. I don't want it back (if ya know what I mean). Kinda like playing a good round of gold when you know you don't have your "A" game that day. I always loved that.

That's as good as I can shoot, right there.
Oh I know exactly what you mean with the golf anology...I played many junior tournaments and played throughout high school and sometimes you just have to scratch and claw for the 75 but it's all the same on the scorecard.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Matt:

I'm sorry...I just now saw your whole post and read it, above.

Thank you....and thanks for all of your help.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ended up with a 450 - 40x game tonight in the basement (10 yards for those that didn't read my earlier post).

Out of curiosity............I'd love to hear from others what prevents them from being a better indoor archer? What's the weak spot in your game?

My front shoulder is my weak spot. I get fatigued, it starts to float around on me, and that directly affects my shot timing because that front shoulder effectively changes where things are anchored on the back end making it harder to pull through the shot to make it break. This causes some of my shots to break outside my critical timing windowof when I'm 99% likely to hit that 10 ring (4-5 seconds after I hit full draw), and I'm not disciplined enough to let down on all of these shots. I let 2 of them down tonight. If I would have let 5 more down tonight, I would have likely cleaned a 450 vegas game on X's from 10 yards.........[8D].

I'm working on this a lot, and I honestly think the only thing I can do is shoot as many quality arrows as I can every day to helpbuild more stamina andstrength in that front shoulder to keep it from fatiguing so quickly. This is big part of what I hope to be able to accomplish in my basement as well as the mental aspect that you gain by pounding the middle out at 10 yards.

Anyone else? I'd be curious to hear more from others.......
Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Matt...to answer your question...All of the above...lol. Seriously i think my front shoulder is weak too. I shot today and midway through the round(practice) i decided to lower my draw weight. I turned it down to 60lbs. After having it at around 67lbs and dropping to 60 it felt really weird and i had trouble getting used to it. For some reason I didnt feel as stable, but I stuck out the round and shot a pretty weak 413-7x. After the round i just practiced a little more and got used to the feel of the new weight. Right before i left the shop i was hitting X's like crazy. I dont know where it was at when i shot my round. I'm getting some new arrows soon. I bought some CX linejammers today so that should give me some extra points.

Just out of curiousity is it OK that i shoot rounds for practice and turn in my "real" round later in the week? If not I'll post this score I dont really care.

Quick Reply: Week 2 Scores discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.