Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 2 Scores discussion

Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

My front shoulder is a weak point for me aswell. I also have a serious issue with making myself let down sometimes. I just want to keep pushing and pushing through the shot. That's a big weakspot. My whole Indoor game needs fine tuning. I'm still more of a 3d shooter.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be outside againthis weekend shooting my round, looks like the temps will bedipping in the single digits here and teens during the days! we'll (son and I) get bundled up and do the best we can.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Out of curiosity............I'd love to hear from others what prevents them from being a better indoor archer? What's the weak spot in your game?

I rarely practice. None of my buddies ever shoot anymore and I do not have the motivation to shoot by myself very often.... Which affects my bow shoulder strength and float.

Heck I only shot 2 warm ups on 300 rounds to get ready for this league.....

My lack of practice really showed the other day on a round of indoor 3D where I dropped 4 5's. I was having a hard time committing to the shot, and accuracy really suffered.

It always used to be the other way around where I was much stronger on 3D than paper..... Even when out of practice.
[/align]
Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

Out of curiosity............I'd love to hear from others what prevents them from being a better indoor archer? What's the weak spot in your game? [/blockquote]

I'll agree with lack of practice..or too small of a basement I can only get 16 yards..unless I climb up in the corner of thecrawl space lol.

I shot my round for week 1 and it's no excuse but since you asked. When I got to the bowshop. I had to lower my nock point move my peep..resight.. all on a string and cables that had been shot for 6 arrows since going on.. I also shot the round with arrows from RJ that I had never shot before and they are a good 1.5" longer than my previous target arrows. I alsohadn't touched the bow since the day the strings were put on...well before Christmas.

So as you can see I'm not a real dedicated target shooter..but that doesn't mean I enjoy it any less

Having said that I shot pretty well and will probably be hard pressed to beat it since I haven't shot and arrow since that rd and rd 2 is tonight.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My weak spot is my target panic[&o]. And my wrist release is driving me nuts[:@]. I can't get my proper anchor point with wrist style releases so I am not very comfortable while making the shot, I will buy either a thumb release or BT when I get the money. But I still have to go and shoot some to decide which one I prefer. I'm leaning more towards the thumb release right now.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

And GMMAT that is an awesome score on a Hunting Rig....Hat's off to you!

Do you release on, or after, the heartbeat??
Old 01-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

As an adder to what holds you back...I've never had any instruction, What I do (archery~wise)I learned on my own. I've never had anyone fine tune me...and Lord knows I don't have the stones to post an evaluate my from thread!

As a golfer I've had pro's tweak me to "look" better...after losing a season here and there working through the changes,to lesser success,I've adapted a happy medium, that works best for me. It may not be taught..but no ones urging Jim Furyk to change anymore either.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

I'm with you GR8 as far as self taught. I bought my bow last year (2006) on the internet and have tried to learn what I can on here. And I too could never post a "how's my form" pic.

I shoot with both eyes open and do great with my 3d target or the circles and diamonds on my block target. But when I try that with these vegas targets everything becomes a blurry mess. If I shoot with one eye everything is to the right. Not sure if I should just adjust my sight for this league using one eye and change back for hunting or is there something I can do to help focus better on the vegas targets with both eyes open ?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Bob. I appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I shot a little better this week. A 419 with 6x. 1 fewer x with 8 more points. As long as I continue to improve I will be happy.

A quick question for the guys that have been shooting awhile. What type of scores were you shooting in the beginning? I have only been shooting a little over 7 months and curious if my scores are low, average or high for someone with my experience?

Thanks RJ for handling the league.

Quick Reply: Week 2 Scores discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.