HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Hate to do it..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/227043-hate-do.html)

Bols 01-13-2008 02:50 PM

Hate to do it.....

Well, the title says it, I hate to do it, but I am going to have to pull out of the indoor league.

Last year during the league I got target panic bad, and after reading some of the stuff Mo posted about learning how to properly shoot using backtension, I am thinking about working on my shot, form, anchor, to get all of this cleared up before I just continue to engrain my brain with what I do now....

I might post scores once I start to see improvements.

Right now, I know I can't shoot as well as I expect using an index finger release. I really need to take some time if I am going to start shooting 3-D seriously and work on my shot.

I hit a plateaulast yearand it gets frustrating when I am not seeing any improvements.

So far, there has been some great scores! I will keep an eye on things.....

Good luck guys!

Bols.

P.S. I really just want to beat the crap outta Bloodcreek on the 3-D course this summer at the GTG, that is why I am going to start training now!

Matt/TN 01-13-2008 03:10 PM

RE: Hate to do it.....

TP sucks Bols. I honestly cannot shoot a wrist release. My brain just short circuits or something. I only use those for hunting, because I just flat out hammer an index finger release.

Switch to a pure backtension to begin with, itll take getting used to but after you do, you'll love it.

Gundeck 01-13-2008 03:28 PM

My son (Contradiction) is pulling out as well. This is his first year with a bow and he just got it before Christmas. He had his expectations for competing, but now wants to practice more before he goes against some real experience. I tried to tell him. At least he is still shooting with me. He is actually coming along great, but HE is not pleased with his progress.

bloodcrick 01-13-2008 06:48 PM

Balls, your my new motivation [8D]Me and you bro,me and you. Bring it :DThis is a tip to help you with your target panic Every time you get ready to squeeze the trigger, whisper.....bloodcreek rocks [X(]It helps,,,,really :eek:see ya there ;)

ORIGINAL: Bols

Well, the title says it, I hate to do it, but I am going to have to pull out of the indoor league.

Last year during the league I got target panic bad, and after reading some of the stuff Mo posted about learning how to properly shoot using backtension, I am thinking about working on my shot, form, anchor, to get all of this cleared up before I just continue to engrain my brain with what I do now....

Right now, I know I can't shoot as well as I expect using an index finger release. I really need to take some time if I am going to start shooting 3-D seriously and work on my shot.

I hit a plateaulast yearand it gets frustrating when I am not seeing any improvements.

Good luck guys!

Bols.

P.S. I really just want to beat the crap outta Bloodcreek on the 3-D course this summer at the GTG, that is why I am going to start training now!

MOmightymite 01-13-2008 07:16 PM

So your just going to leave me at the bottom of the pack like that?:D...lol J/K I hope the time off improves your shooting. Hopefully I'll see you at the GTG this year whoopin some arse.

Tuco 01-14-2008 06:02 AM

You are quite the legend...in your own mind! You can't even pull back a kids bow right now you big sissy.
>>>BAM<<<

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Balls, your my new motivation [8D]Me and you bro,me and you. Bring it :DThis is a tip to help you with your target panic :eek:Every time you get ready to squeeze the trigger, whisper.....bloodcreek rocks [X(]It helps,,,,really :eek:see ya there ;)

Good luck guys!

Bols.

bloodcrick 01-14-2008 06:43 PM

:(:(:(Leave me alone, my shoulder hurts [8D]Got a MRI today, find out wed.

ORIGINAL: Tuco

You are quite the legend...in your own mind! You can't even pull back a kids bow right now you big sissy.
>>>BAM<<<

Balls, your my new motivation [8D]Me and you bro,me and you. Bring it :DThis is a tip to help you with your target panic :eek:Every time you get ready to squeeze the trigger, whisper.....bloodcreek rocks [X(]It helps,,,,really :eek:see ya there ;)

Good luck guys!

Bols.

Tuco 01-15-2008 07:38 AM

Funny how the day after our road trip you shoulder starts hurting. Could have been that arm bar I put you in till you cried that done it. Let MouthaDon talk too it....it would be good heat treatment from all the hot air.
>>>BAM<<<[quote]ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

:(:(:(Leave me alone, my shoulder hurts [8D]Got a MRI today, find out wed.

ORIGINAL: Tuco

>>>BAM<<<

Good luck guys!

Bols.

[/quote]