HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/225679-shot-my-first-ever-vegas-round-good-bad-average.html)

gzg38b 01-04-2008 03:25 PM

Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average?

Last night I shot my first ever vegas round in my basement. 45 arrows at 20 yards. I shot a 425 with 12 x's. I've got alot of work to do LOL!! I have no idea what an average Vegas score is for a rookie with a hunting setup.
:eek:

I'm using my bow hunting rig with my sims mini s coil stab and a .029" single pin sight with a 1/4" peep. I shoot at 72 pounds because I don't want to mess up my tune.

I shot the first 4 arrows in the 8 ring because my sight was sighted in for 25 yards! After I adjusted it to 20 yards, I shot 11 in a row in the 10 ring. I was starting to get into a groove! I think I'm capable of scoring much better in the future, hopefully.

I do like the Vegas format better than 5 spot. I had fun. A 5 spot round leaves me feeling mentally exhausted at the end - like taking the SAT in high school....

whitetailbowhunter 01-04-2008 04:40 PM

RE: Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average?

Much better than what i shot yesterday! i shot 382 with 7 x's i think.[&o] LOL I know I'llbe one of the worst be I'm doing this to see how i compare to others and for fun!:)

buckeye 01-04-2008 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Last night I shot my first ever vegas round in my basement. 45 arrows at 20 yards. I shot a 425 with 11 x's. I've got alot of work to do LOL!! I have no idea what an average Vegas score is for a rookie with a hunting setup.
:eek:

I'm using my bow hunting rig with my sims mini s coil stab and a .029" single pin sight with a 1/4" peep. I shoot at 72 pounds because I don't want to mess up my tune.

I shot the first 4 arrows in the 8 ring because my sight was sighted in for 25 yards! After I adjusted it to 20 yards, I shot 11 in a row in the 10 ring. I was starting to get into a groove! I think I'm capable of scoring much better in the future, hopefully.

I do like the Vegas format better than 5 spot. I had fun. A 5 spot round leaves me feeling mentally exhausted at the end - like taking the SAT in high school....

That's not to bad..... You will be competitive in the league, I would say better than mid pack......

I like to shoot Vegas better than 5 spot as it is less shots.....But Ifind 5 spot much easier to shoot though. I can almost go into "cruise control" and shoot pretty well on 5 spot but have to work hard to score well on the Vegas face.
[/align]

gzg38b 01-04-2008 05:36 PM

Thats good to know! Having never done this I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to completely embarrass myself :).

I'm really just competing against myself from week to week.

My scores last night were:
136 3X (starting out with sight on wrong setting)
145 5X
144 4X.

I think I'm capable of shooting a 435 15X, if I shot well. I'd be very happy with that, considering my setup and experience level. I'm excited about this league!

buckeye 01-04-2008 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Thats good to know! Having never done this I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to completely embarrass myself :).

I'm really just competing against myself from week to week.

My scores last night were:
136 3X (starting out with sight on wrong setting)
145 5X
144 4X.

I think I'm capable of shooting a 435 15X, if I shot well. I'd be very happy with that, considering my setup and experience level. I'm excited about this league!
A bit of advice.... Do not expectanything(a certian score for your next rounds) until you have shot a few rounds though..... Especially if you are out of practice....

There will be ups and downs getting into league form.....

GMMAT 01-05-2008 09:42 AM

I shot my first one today.....but I shot it from 15yds. I'm not making excuses....just trying to get used to a new release. I also found out today how much proper lighting makes a difference.

MOmightymite 01-05-2008 01:42 PM

Not bad at all Jeff. Specially when you are still working with that new release. What kind do you end up getting?

jmbuckhunter 01-05-2008 03:44 PM

Got my targets yesterday and shot my first practice round today in the backyard. (With a pretty good cross wind):)Definately room for improvement. Had afew flyers I wish I could have back.

My first time ever shooting at spots. I have shot some 3D, but never targets, except for sighting in. I can really tell I need to shoot more.

The score isn't too bad I guess. Just not many X's.

423 with 7 X's

GMMAT 01-05-2008 04:14 PM

Not bad at all Jeff. Specially when you are still working with that new release. What kind do you end up getting?
I ended up getting a Carter 'Just Cuz'....on advice from a couple of Matt's and a Greg;)

whitetailbowhunter 01-05-2008 04:42 PM

I shot my first 45 arrow round on thursday and these are my scores.
28 x1 27 x1 25 x0
28 x0 24 x0 28 x0
27 x0 29 x2 28 x0
29 x1 29 x0 27 x1
26 x1 27 x0 28 x0

Not the best score but I'm happy with it.:) Is this a good average?