Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average? >

Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average?

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot my first ever Vegas round... Is this good or bad or average?

Well, my son and I are still breaking in the new bows and trying to get them properly sighted. I don't think any of you have to worry about us, but we will see how the weeks go. Good luck to all and PLEASE have fun!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a pretty average score I'd say, and very good for a first game. Locally in the leagues I participate in I'd say majority of the guys are shooting high 420's-435, with a handful of4 or5 guys that are shooting in the 440's, and maybe another 2-3 that could shoot a 450 on any given night.

I haven't even fletched the arrows I plan to use for this league yet, I've just installed a new string and haven't tweaked DL, peep height, or cam timing yet..........so I've gotta make the time here over the next few days toget completely setup. Just got everything moved into the new house today, so I should have a lot more time on my hands now, but my first score submitted will likely be the first time I have shot in a month or more......[:-].

The 450 league I've shot in for the last 2 years starts this week on Wednesday, so hopefully I can get things sorted soon, I'll likely turn that score in for this league as well.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not going to be much of a competitor for a while until I get my target bow in, until then my (hunting) Cardiac will have to do...
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm waiting on my targets to come in. Should be in tomorrow and with the warm weather this week, I should be able to get practice round in and then one to count. I measured out the distance today. I'll be shooting semi outdoors, depending on weather.