Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 anyone like the vegas three spot better?? >

anyone like the vegas three spot better??

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

anyone like the vegas three spot better??

Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone like the vegas three spot better??

I do have a pin with a broken fiber, i may just glue some kind of small dot on the end and dip in black as suggested. Thanks for the tips
ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Dang, i dont have one [&o]do they make them for copper john dead nuts sights??

Honestly if I were shooting a pin for Vegas faces I'd use a black pin.
They don't make black fiber for that, but get yourself an extra pin, and then dip the end inblack paint with no fiber in the pin. White would probably work well too.

Also, the bigger that pin the better. When you look at the guys that are successful on the national level in bowhunter freestyle (hunting pins setup) they are using a very large diameter pin, usually .039 or so.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't make black fiber for that, but get yourself an extra pin, and then dip the end in black paint with no fiber in the pin. White would probably work well too.

Also, the bigger that pin the better. When you look at the guys that are successful on the national level in bowhunter freestyle (hunting pins setup) they are using a very large diameter pin, usually .039 or so.
Why would that be? wouldn't you see more of the target with smaller pins?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

They don't make black fiber for that, but get yourself an extra pin, and then dip the end inblack paint with no fiber in the pin. White would probably work well too.

Precisely. It all boils down to trusting your float on the target and just executing a clean shot. A larger pin covers more of the target, therefore pin float is percieved as less. It will also prevent you from getting sucked into holes on the target face. If you have a big hole in the 9 ring, and keep putting arrows in there (because it's hard to not focus on that spot when aiming) then a large pin that covers it works nicely for that.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my first Vegas round last night, and I like it better than 5 spot. 3 arrows per end is better than 5 arrows for me. It's easier to keep focused.

Also, 45 arrows is easier than 60 arrows from a fatigue standpoing (both mental and physical).
Old 01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Matt, i played around with a different pin today, i took a broken fiber pin off my CJ Dead nuts and removed the fiber completly. Took a very old tee pin fiber, cut off the tee and glued a section of it on the CJ pin, heated it up on the end to make it ball up a little more (bigger) and then dipped it in black. I got to give it to ya it is helping allready I was getting sucked into holes as you mentioned after several rounds. Thanks!!

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Precisely. It all boils down to trusting your float on the target and just executing a clean shot. A larger pin covers more of the target, therefore pin float is percieved as less. It will also prevent you from getting sucked into holes on the target face. If you have a big hole in the 9 ring, and keep putting arrows in there (because it's hard to not focus on that spot when aiming) then a large pin that covers it works nicely for that.