Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League >

Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Alright guys, I want to get the ball rolling on this thing. Let's shoot for a start date of Sunday 1/6/08. All first week scores will be due 1/13/2007 @ 9pm EST.[/b]

[ul][*]
Official sign up will be on thedesignated thread that is pinned to the top of this forum. All sign ups must be posted on the signup thread by1/5/08 at 9pm EST[/b].[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
This will be a45 arrow 450 Vegas 3 spot[/b] league that will be7 weeks long.[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
We will separate into Open and Hunter classes - No lenses and no stabilizers longer than 12" in the Hunter class[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
No handicaps applied, we will be using actual scores for all scoring.[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
Each shooter is allowed1x missed weeks during the6 week league. This missed week will be counted as a 0 with an x count of 0 for that week. Each shooter will be able to drop 1 week oftheir scores at the end of the league, so a single missed week won't matter, we will simply drop the score of your missed week.[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
Rounds can be shot any day of the week, but scores MUST be posted on the official scores thread NO LATER thanSunday @ 9:00pm EST. If you post a score at 9:01 pm, your score will OFFICIALLY be zero. All scores posted must include your score and X count.[/b][/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
Scores must be submitted in the following format - You may cut and paste this below and then reformat with your score #'s each week:[/align][/ul]

30 - 2x 28 - 1x 28 - 2x
29 - 1x30 - 3x 29 - 0x
28 - 1x27 - 0x30 - 1x
30 - 3x29 - 2x27 - 1x
29 - 2x 30 - 1x 30 - 3x

Total - 434 - 23x

[ul][*]
Please no discussion in the scoring threads, please open another thread for discussion. This makes it much easier for me to sort through and calculate scores and averages.[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
X’s will be used as tie breakers.[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
Photos of the target are not required with your score, but we reserve the right to request said photo. Failure to comply will result in a ZERO score. Save those targets![/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
If you truly do not have the financial means available, or the ability to order targets for this competition please feel free to contact me privately.I will ensure that you have targets to use. We don't want anyone to not participate because they don't have targets or the ability to order them. Do this ASAP so that we can ensure time to get these to you before things start. For everyone else, targets can be bought from www.lancasterarchery.com for .50 cents each. Buy yourself 10 of them or so, they are cheap. Link to purchase these is below:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=53_250&products_id=1359 &osCsid=dffb886b86d00c121fa69d18bd5a1bc1
[/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
Where you shoot your round doesn't matter, but official Vegas style 3 spot targets MUST be used.[/b][/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
If you arenot shooting at an indoor range facility, you must be shooting from a MEASURED 20 yard distance.[/b] Thismust be done with the use of either a tape measure or laser rangefinder. [/align][/ul]

[ul][*]
Vegas 3 spot targets are scored as 10X, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 0. You only have to touch the higher scoring line with your arrow shaft to count the higher point. Please refer to the following diagram to see how these targets are scored.[/align][/ul]

[/b]
[/b]
[ul][*]
*******Please no cheating. I am very limited in how I can regulate cheating. Please know that this league is supposed to be fun and that I really hope to introduce new people to the sport of target archery with this league. Cheating will cause others to become discouraged and not participate and you will be directly affecting everyone involved by doing this. This is all I will say on this, so please use your conscious when submitting those scores. I have no doubt that we are all mature enough here to follow this to a T.[/b][/align][/ul]
[/b]

So in short:

- 45 arrows
- 3 arrows per end
- 15 ends per game
- 450 is a perfect score
- Distance of 20 yards (measured)
- 7 weeks total
- Drop your lowest score
- No handicaps
- You must have fun. No exceptions, if you can't do this don't sign up. [8D][/b][/ul]
Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Default RE: Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Looks good Matt...Thanks for the work you and Don put into this each winter.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good Matt. I was hoping for 30 arrows, they are easier and less timely . It should be a blast though!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK just want to clarify a few things. Can you shoot 45 arrows per week or per day? And are these target ok or not? Ok so i'm not able to upload any pictures i will try again later. But these are the one that have three target faces staked one top of each other in a strait line. The scoring is 10x, 10, 9, 8,7,6 like the picture you posted. And i don't understand you score board.
Here is a link and there is a picture of it. http://www.stringslinger.com/ft340v.html

Mat
Old 12-11-2007, 06:28 PM

*******Please no cheating. I am very limited in how I can regulate cheating. Please know that this league is supposed to be fun and that I really hope to introduce new people to the sport of target archery with this league. Cheating will cause others to become discouraged and not participate and you will be directly affecting everyone involved by doing this. This is all I will say on this, so please use your conscious when submitting those scores. I have no doubt that we are all mature enough here to follow this to a T.

And we won't be your friends if you do cheat, and nobody wants that. Matt turns into the evil twin....That's just no good for everybody.

No, seriously.....There is really just no way to regulate this. Even if we ask for a photo of the target, all someone has to do is take an arrow and punch holes in the target. If your desire to win is that strong, go somewhere else. I just don't want that type of person involved.

With that said.....This is gonna be fun, and I can't wait for Matt to take us all to school. Sure am glad I'm not in the same class as he.....

Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

OK just want to clarify a few things. Can you shoot 45 arrows per week or per day? And are these target ok or not? Ok so i'm not able to upload any pictures i will try again later. But these are the one that have three target faces staked one top of each other in a strait line. The scoring is 10x, 10, 9, 8,7,6 like the picture you posted.
Here is a link and there is a picture of it. http://www.stringslinger.com/ft340v.html

Mat
Yep, that's a Vegas face. Unless Matt knows something I don't (obviously he does) that target is perfectly acceptable.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK great! And can you explain the score board for me pls? and it's 45 per day or week?

Mat
Old 12-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Not sure what you need to know about the scoreboard.....But you must shoot all 45 arrows same day. I don't think it matters how long it takes, but you can't drag it out all week.

Scoring is pretty simple. 15 ends of 3 arrows, score the ring you hit.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok. The thing i don't understand is this.
30 - 2x 28 - 1x 28 - 2x
29 - 1x 30 - 3x 29 - 0x
28 - 1x 27 - 0x 30 - 1x
30 - 3x 29 - 2x 27 - 1x
29 - 2x 30 - 1x 30 - 3x
__________ _________ _________
146 - 10x 144 - 6x 144 - 7x

Total - 434 - 23x
And can you shoot 45 arrows every day and put them in your score? I know i'm asking alot of questions but i to do it right!

Mat
Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM

Ok....you shoot 3 arrows per end, for a total POSSIBLE score of 30. 3X10=30

Shoot 3 arrows, add score of those 3. Shoot 3 more, add score of those 3. Do that 15 times, add the total, and voila.

The 30 - 3X indicates one end of 3 arrows. Or 28 - 3X, whatever you shoot each end of 3.

A perfect score is 450, w/ 45X. Because, 30X15=450. 30 being a perfect end of 3 arrows, done 15 times is 450.

You can shoot as many rounds of 45 arrows each week you want, but only turn in 1 score each week. The score turned in MUST be shot that week.

Quick Reply: Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.