Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League >

Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Old 12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

ORIGINAL: buckeyehntr5

Would love to sign up, but I will have to see if I have time since I will be moving into my first home the beginning of January. If I can't this year I will definetly sign up next year. Sounds like a blast!
No excuses!! I'm moving into my first home too during the same timeframe, and I will be participating. You gotta make the time!! [8D]
Old 12-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Would love to sign up, but I will have to see if I have time since I will be moving into my first home the beginning of January. If I can't this year I will definetly sign up next year. Sounds like a blast!
No excuses!! I'm moving into my first home too during the same timeframe, and I will be participating. You gotta make the time!! [8D]
OkOk.... You talked me into it...I wasprobably going to sign up anyway....
Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

OkOk.... You talked me into it...I wasprobably going to sign up anyway....
That's more like it.......glad to see you a part of the league!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Default RE: Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League - sign up

Hey there fellas. My name is Steve and I am kinda new to this forum but was interested in signing up for the fun. Sounds like a great excuse to get out and shoot my bow. Any way, how do I go about signing up for this league? Do I need to let you know what I'm shooting and such like. In other words if I'm shooting a target bow or a hunting rig? If someone could get back to me with this infoI would really appreciate it.

thanks pastorowc(Steve)
Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Pastorowc,

There is a sign-up thread posted in this forum....I went ahead and signed you up. This isn't a binding contract or anything. Just helping you out.

Other than that, you are set and ready to roll. You can read the "Indoor League Rules" for more information. Let Matt, (Rick James) mobow, or anyone else know if you have any other questions about the league and the format.

All you will need is a spot with 20 yards and some Vegas 3-Spot Targets. The rules do a better job of explaining things.

You can shoot with either a hunting bow....or if you have a target bow, or bow with some longer stabilizers, scopes, etc, you can use that as well, you will just be placed in a different class I believe.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Thank you Bols, I truly appreciate it!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a score sheet that I can find to print out instead of just writing it down on notebook paper?
Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

When I saw the scores (a lot of them) turned in week after week.....and I knew I was competing and even WINNING in 3D shoots, here.....but not being able to compete on this internet thing......
Sure, Scott....I'll elaborate....

If the majority of guys in here are like me....and admittedly not very well versed and honed in their 3D and target skills.....you'd "think" I'd fit in .....middle of the pack....or somewhere thereabouts.

I finished BOTTOM of the pack....the whole way through. Now....I could just "suck" that bad. It's possible.

You can elaborate, too.....but answer me this.....DO you think there was some pencil whippin going on last year?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a score sheet that I can find to print out instead of just writing it down on notebook paper?
Thanks
I don't know of any preconfigured score sheets,I usually just write my score for each end on the target as I pull my arrows, and then keep the target when I'm done to reference the numbers and add upwhen I'm done.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will say even though I can't prove it, there was definitely some pencil whipping last year. With that said, in looking at the locals around here in my leagues, you see a pretty good spread on the scores right in line with what we saw here last year. Also, just because someone is pretty good at 3D means nothing indoors......it really doesn't mean anything other than they won't completely suck indoors. I'm a MUCH better 3D shooter than my indoor scores would indicate, usually top 3 at any state/regional type event but in my local indoor leagues I'm middle of the pack at best.

Quick Reply: Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.