HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/222187-official-rules-2008-hni-vegas-league.html)

Rick James 12-12-2007 07:24 AM

RE: Official Rules - 2008 HNI Vegas League

I agree 100% guys, and I can guarantee I will be doing the same. I will be using the scores from my local league for my HNI score as well, so there will be another person scoring my targets, as well as the added pressure of being on the line with many other people watching at the same time.

These are things I cannot regulate, but I have 100% faith in everyone here that we can be 100% honest with each other and not get caught up in the competition..........hopefully we can have fun with this and not worry too much about others.

GMMAT 12-12-2007 07:28 AM

Ya know, MAtt....I'm gonna be shooting in some tournaments this year....and the results are available online for all to see. It would look pretty funny if I shot me a couple 442's, here,but finished 183rd at the weekend's shoot.

Wouldn't it????;)

mobow 12-12-2007 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Ya know, MAtt....I'm gonna be shooting in some tournaments this year....and the results are available online for all to see. It would look pretty funny if I shot me a couple 442's, here,but finished 183rd at the weekend's shoot.

Wouldn't it????;)
LOL...why yes, yes it would....But unfortunately, there are those that would try to get away with it. And in this case, they most likely would. I guess I'm a pessimist. I expect it. Maybe I should have more faith in my fellow man, but unfortunate though it is, life has taught me that you just can't do that all the time.

I never have understood why it is so bloody important to look so much better than one really is, ESPECIALLY on an internet forum!!! I just don't get it....We see it each and every year in the bowhunting contest. It's not like ANYONE on these forums gets shut out for shooting a small buck, or not shooting a high score every week. Yeah, ok...we may bust some chops a little, but that's just a form of acceptance. NO ONE HAS EVER been told to leave or ignored for shooting low scores or smaller bucks. I just don't get it.

Shoot what you shoot, and turn it in. The only point to this is to have fun, promote archery, and get to know each other a little better. ALL cheating does is negate all of that. It's no longer fun, it doesn't promote archery in a positive light, and as a result we go our seperate ways and don't get to know each other. What really cracks me up is the cheater doesn't think anyone else knows it....LMAO.....

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Disclaimer: The use of the word "you" is not directed at anyone. It is meant generically for dialouge.

wihunter402 12-12-2007 09:26 AM

I hope this goes well for everyone and that you have it again next year. I am having some surgery on my foot on Jan. 11th and won't be back on it for 2 - 4 weeks.[&o] Probably won't be doing much shooting until March.[:'(] Looks like it would be a great time. I had fun with last years and picked up the ProTec for spots (first target bow ever) because of it. Well good luck everyone.

rybohunter 12-12-2007 10:12 AM

If we are shooting at home(yard) Does the target have to be any certain distance off the ground?

Rick James 12-12-2007 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

If we are shooting at home(yard) Does the target have to be any certain distance off the ground?
No rules on target height, anything that works for you is legal as long as it's a measured 20 yards from where you shoot.

shed33 12-12-2007 02:28 PM

I've never shot a round of 3-d in my life! (officially) This looks like great fun, good guys too!I need to force myself to shoot during the cold winter months. I will be shooting outside at my home. I know I wont shoot some of the scores you guys will, but its gonna be good for me to get the practice in.

Thanks Matt for setting this up. This looks like a lot of fun.

buckeye 12-12-2007 02:41 PM

When I saw the scores (a lot of them) turned in week after week.....and I knew I was competing and even WINNING in 3D shoots, here.....but not being able to compete on this internet thing......
I am not sure how to read this...... Elaborate please.

Gundeck 12-12-2007 07:38 PM

Rick, I want to thank you for all of your work putting this together. This will be the first for my son and I (with new bows, no less), so don't expect much. Still, we are really looking forward to the competition. I used to shoot some local recurve competitions, but that was 25 years ago. Good luck to all.

buckeyehntr5 12-13-2007 12:05 PM

Would love to sign up, but I will have to see if I have time:( since I will be moving into my first home:) the beginning of January. If I can't this year I will definetly sign up next year. Sounds like a blast!